The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

$16 billion for 2024 political advertising in the U.S.?!  😲

We can all thank Alito, Uncle Clarence Thomas, and 3 other Republican SCOTUS judges for this Citizen' United nonsense.

As Fred Wertheimer said at the time, Citizens United wiped out a century of campaign-finance reforms in the U.S.

U.S. political ad market projected to reach record $16 billion in 2024 (axios.com)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Cory DeSantis, wife of Ron DeSantis, gets on Twitter (the font of all truthful information) and says, "All you mothers and grandmothers in North Carolina and South Carolina, get on buses and come to Iowa and participate in the Iowa causes. Show your support for my husband, Ron."

And the election officials in Iowa raise their hand and say, "Excuse me. Aside from being a total freakin' idiot, we would just like to point out that you have to live in Iowa to participate in the Iowa caucuses."

I guess she didn't want her beloved citizens from her home state of Florida committing election fraud.

Steve Thomas

The U.S. wants to make sure the genocide of children and women in Gaza is total in its death count. America has lost its moral foundations and is hated by a growing majority of citizens in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/09/world/middleeast/us-israel-tanks-ammunition.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Ek0.ibAB.kegYe34TGvlw&hpgrp=k-abar&smid=url-share

22 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The U.S. wants to make sure the genocide of children and women in Gaza is total in its death count. America has lost its moral foundations and is hated by a growing majority of citizens in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/09/world/middleeast/us-israel-tanks-ammunition.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Ek0.ibAB.kegYe34TGvlw&hpgrp=k-abar&smid=url-share

This is a first for me-- referencing a Fox News article.

Biden has desperately tried to avoid being drawn into a U.S. war with Iran and its proxies, but Bibi's relentless bombing of Gaza is making that increasingly difficult. 

U.S. military bases and ships have recently been under attack in Iraq, Syria, and the Persian Gulf.

And now it looks like Israel will escalate a war with Iranian proxies in Yemen if Biden doesn't.

Israel says it will act militarily against Yemen’s Houthis if US wont: report (foxnews.com)

On 12/8/2023 at 3:55 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

I don't know how or from where you get your predictions, but I'm never disappointed!

BTW, is it really true that the Republican majority in the House is only one now? (Or will be soon?)

Sadly, as Kirk points out, of the five senators leaving the Senate in2024, four are Democrats.  Hopefully they are all in solidly blue states.

There is a lot of gnashed teeth at the moment over the choices Dems will have 11 months from now. However I am confident that, just as Churchill said, "Americans will always do the right thing after trying everything else."

Trump Weirdly Tries to Make His ‘Locker Room Talk’ All Profound

By Allison Quinn  Dec. 10, 2023

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-weirdly-tries-to-make-his-locker-room-talk-all-profound?ref=home?ref=home

“Trump, facing a string of criminal charges over the 2020 election, appeared to grow nostalgic as he recalled the trouble his 2016 presidential campaign found itself in after he was heard crudely bragging about non-consensual groping in a leaked Access Hollywood tape.”

“ “We had a meeting when it was looking bad,” he said, describing the scandal as one of many “inescapable situations,” and recalling how he’d been urged to drop out of the race just weeks before the election.

“But you know, the next day, or very shortly thereafter, we had the debate… I went onto that stage just a few days later, and a general, who’s a fantastic general, actually said to me, ‘Sir, I’ve been on the battlefield, men have gone down on my left and on my right, I stood on hills where soldiers were killed, but I believe the bravest thing I’ve ever seen was the night you went onto that stage with Hillary Clinton after what happened, and then that woman asked you the first question about it, and [you] said ‘locker room talk.’”

“It’s locker room talk! What the hell?! It’s locker room talk,” Trump said.”

Trump's godlike bravery leaves me speechless.

Steve Thomas

From an article in The New York Times today, "Pressure Grows on U.S. After It Vetoed U.N. Call for Gaza Cease Fire" 

"Some of the sharpest criticism of the U.S. came from aid organizations.

"'By vetoing this resolution, the U.S. stands alone in casting its vote against humanity,'" Avril Benoit, the executive director of Doctors Without Borders in the United States, said in a statement on Friday. "'The U.S. veto makes it complicit in the carnage in Gaza.'"

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From an article in The New York Times today, "Pressure Grows on U.S. After It Vetoed U.N. Call for Gaza Cease Fire" 

"Some of the sharpest criticism of the U.S. came from aid organizations.

"'By vetoing this resolution, the U.S. stands alone in casting its vote against humanity,'" Avril Benoit, the executive director of Doctors Without Borders in the United States, said in a statement on Friday. "'The U.S. veto makes it complicit in the carnage in Gaza.'"

This second UN veto by the Biden administration is simply inexcusable, especially in light of the looming risk of mass starvation in what remains of Gaza.  

Meanwhile, 1.8 million people in Gaza are, allegedly, being compressed into a refugee camp the size of Heathrow Airport.

Instead of stopping the civilian carnage, Biden and the U.S. are actively complicit in Netanyahu's war crimes.