The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Yes, the veto is inexcusable.

This is interesting watching CNN  and Dana Bash trying to crucify Rep. Jayapal as being soft on Hamas rape of Israeli women. Jayapal acknowledges the atrocities. As if any civilized person doesn't deplore rape in war. But she also makes the  case for 17,000 Gazans  dead and millions being displaced by the IDF, which is deemed to be "soft on Hamas rape?"

Then Erin Burnette who I generally have liked, is employed as sort of a tag team to Dana Bash, implying that Jayapal's response "wasn't strong enough" and asked Ryan Grim if Jayapal's response in the interview is is splitting up "the Squad" and their resistance.  Oh yeah? What a BS spin! CNN trying to make front page news headlines from their own interview!

And Thank God Grim  delivers the goods and shames Erin Burnette's questioning  and  CNN for trying to deflect the humanitarian nightmare going on in Gaza that we're  complicit in..

AIPAC is pledging to spend 100 million dollars in the next election cycle to "educate" members of Congress as to the Israeli struggle.  

The meat of it starts at 3:30.

In this interview, when Ted Cruz cites what he calls  racist and genocidal slogans such as "from the river to the sea".  Grim counters by confronting  Ted Cruz with the statement from the Likud Party platform, "From the river to the sea, there will only be Israeli sovereignty" and cites numerous Netanyahu's cabinet ministers racist, genocidal rhetoric, including threatening the use of nuclear arms and leveling Gaza like Dresden in WW2. Which has already happened. Starts at 1:20.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always believed that the Hamas attack on Israel on October 7 was a Mossad intelligence operation, and that Hamas was a creature born of Mossad intelligence. Now comes this article. Couple its revelations with the scandal of why it took more than ten hours for Israel to respond internally to the Oct. 7 attack and it becomes clear that the Israeli Intelligence operation was designed to destroy Gaza and Gazans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/10/world/middleeast/israel-qatar-money-prop-up-hamas.html?unlocked_article_code=1.FE0.UTKc.7KMU8olEVZXR&hpgrp=k-abar&smid=url-share

8 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Do you think that Biden has a secret plan to make Gazans suffer and die, William?

It seems that way, doesn't it.

Here's your answer, Sandy.

The short answer is that Joe Biden is no John F. Kennedy.  

Biden lacks JFK's humanistic moral vision, which included advocacy of justice and human rights for all people-- including the dispossessed Palestinians-- in opposition to geopolitical racism and tribalism.

Notice that Biden is also repeating the false trope labeling any criticism of Likud Party war crimes as "antisemitism."

President Biden tells crowd 'I am a Zionist' at Hanukkah ceremony, condemns silence on antisemitism (msn.com)

Edited by W. Niederhut

- Donald Trump -

""Due to the great Excitement and Success of my previous TRUMP DIGITAL TRADING CARDS, we’re doing it again - The MugShot Edition, available RIGHT NOW. Plus, buy 47 cards and get a piece of the suit I wore for the 'Mugshot Photo,' and also get an invite to a Gala Dinner with me at Mar-a-Lago!" Trump posted on Truth Social. "Don’t wait, they’ll go FAST (I believe!). I’m happy if you’re happy. Have fun. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!""

My wife has been saying for years that Donald Trump is nothing more than a huckster and a Carnival Barker.

We've never had one of those before.

Steve Thomas

Israel 100% had the right to retaliate after the Oct. 7th attack.

The problem is that 2 months later they have not laid out a viable strategy to complete bringing the perpetrators to justice.

Also a problem? Netanyahu is crooked and rotten. 

Edited by Matt Allison

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Notice that Biden is also repeating the false trope labeling any criticism of Likud Party war crimes as "antisemitism."

I don't think so William.

What I read is that Biden condemned the rising tide of antisemitism globally. As he should, because there is a rising tide of antisemitism globally. Just as there is a rising tide of anti-Islamists.

IMO, Biden has calculated that there will ultimately be less suffering and less loss of life by allowing the Israelis to decimate Hamas now and to implement the two-state solution immediately afterward. At which time he will apply pressure to Israel to go along with the plan.

In the mean time he has an impossible balancing act on his shoulders.

17 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

The problem is that 2 months later [Israel] have not laid out a viable strategy to complete bringing the perpetrators to justice.

I thought their strategy was to kill the perpetrators.

Oh, maybe you mean that that is not a viable strategy?

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

I thought their strategy was to kill the perpetrators.

Oh, maybe you mean that that is not a viable strategy?

I think it's a viable strategy as long as it isn't done via killing everyone they happen to encounter. I'm not definitively saying that's the case yet, but at this point, if the civilian death toll is correct, then I think it's not surprising if their strategies for justice are questioned.

If we have a crowd of 100 people and inside that crowd is one murderer, we can't kill all 100 people and say justice has been served to that murderer in a viable manner.

34 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I think it's a viable strategy as long as it isn't done via killing everyone they happen to encounter. I'm not definitively saying that's the case yet, but at this point, if the civilian death toll is correct, then I think it's not surprising if their strategies for justice are questioned.

If we have a crowd of 100 people and inside that crowd is one murderer, we can't kill all 100 people and say justice has been served to that murderer in a viable manner.

Thanks for the explanation, with which I agree 100%.

I wish the Israelis weren't being led by Netanyahu. But that is who we have and there's little we can do about it.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I don't think so William.

What I read is that Biden condemned the rising tide of antisemitism globally. As he should, because there is a rising tide of antisemitism globally. Just as there is a rising tide of anti-Islamists.

IMO, Biden has calculated that there will ultimately be less suffering and less loss of life by allowing the Israelis to decimate Hamas now and to implement the two-state solution immediately afterward. At which time he will apply pressure to Israel to go along with the plan.

In the mean time he has an impossible balancing act on his shoulders.

Sandy,

If you read the Likud Party charter, it expressly opposes the creation of a Palestinian state.

And Netanyahu recently assured his Likud Party associates that he remains their best option for preventing a two-state solution.  That's also why Bibi has supported Hamas during the past decade.

So, the idea that Bibi's annihilation of Gaza is intended as an intentional step toward a two-state solution is a pipe dream.  In fact, Bibi is determined to prevent a unified Palestinian Authority.

As for "antisemitism," let's not confuse the real thing with criticism of Likud Party war crimes.

Edited by W. Niederhut