The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Yep. This, exactly:

"What is clear is that Trump's dominance of the GOP has all but stripped the party of suburban voters and fact-based independents."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/1/26/2219771/--Big-trouble-Trump-s-dream-of-being-president-again-takes-a-big-hit?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_3&pm_medium=web

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2024 at 12:04 PM, W. Niederhut said:

So, which four SCOTUS judges recently ruled that Texas is not subject to U.S. border laws?

Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and I-Like-Beer.  Not very reassuring.

I don't understand... do they consider Texas to be different than the other states? If so, why?

On 1/25/2024 at 2:14 PM, Matt Allison said:

... Thomas and Alito, will have a health issue that removes them from the court. Either illness or death. 

Oh! That's a happy thought!

I didn't realize they are so old.

(Problem is, I'm not a lot younger myself. Doh!)

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I didn't realize they are so old.

(Problem, I'm not a lot younger myself. Doh!)

They are indeed, and I'm sure you're doing better than either one of those guys, Sandy! But yes, It's a good bet one of them will be getting replaced sometime in the next POTUS term.

It's strange, I remember thinking to myself the night Trump won Iowa, as I was watching him speak, "This could easily be the last good day he has."

Things are getting worse for Trump, and I don't personally see a realistic scenario where that changes.

The Senate agreed to a border deal earlier today, and now this news from the House:

- Missouri, Anno Domini 2024 -

“If a senator’s honor is impugned by another senator to the point that it is beyond repair and in order for the offended senator to gain satisfaction, such senator may rectify the perceived insult to the senator’s honor by challenging the offending senator to a duel,” states the proposal which was written by state Sen Nick Schroer.

“The trusted representative, known as the second, of the offended senator shall send a written challenge to the offending senator. The two senators shall agree to the terms of the duel, including choice of weapons, which shall be witnessed and enforced by their respective seconds,” it continues.

“The duel shall take place in the well of the senate at the hour of high noon on the date agreed to by the parties to the duel.”

"Mr Schroer’s chief of staff, Jamey Murphy, told Newsweek that the state senator is “deeply committed to restoring a sense of honor in the Missouri Senate.”

Steve Thomas

FYI, amigos, my wife and I are sailing from Galveston tomorrow on a one week cruise to the Yucatan and Roatan island.

I decided not to spend $175 for internet service on the ship, so I'll be incommunicado for awhile.

I hate to miss out on this week's news and memes about the messianic vigilante MAGA convoy heading for the border-- and additional damaging Trump court verdicts-- but it's the price I have to pay to thaw out in the tropics.

Salud y pesetas.