The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Posted (edited)

RFK Jr's. exploitation of his family legacy without living up to its ideals is possibly more obnoxious than the other Jr's. simpering gibberish about "the Constitution" – which his father plans on dismantling – and Democracy – with an upper and lower case D – which obviously sticks in Don's craw.

RFK Jr. argued the Democrats are trying to win 2024 through the court system during 'Jesse Watters Primetime'

NO, Bobby, Democrats are committed to the rule of law that no man is above it,  a concept your own father committed himself to and that likely contributed to his demise.  Don't play this divisive card and then campaign on unity of purpose and preservation of our democracy. We remain vigilant even if you can't.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-warns-trump-conviction-backfire-democrats-bad-our-democracy

Edited by Leslie Sharp

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I'm confused. Maybe somebody could explain this to me.
Article II of the U.S. Constitution imposes a duty of faithful execution on the President, who must “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” 
How can a convicted felon, someone who has been charged and convicted of committing 34 felonies take care that the Laws are faithfully executed?
I'm not seeing it.
Steve Thomas

And how would he conduct foreign policy if he can't get past customs in dozens of countries?  Does the British PM  refer to him a "Trump"?

Travel trouble, gun restrictions and no more ‘Mr Trump’: the trials of life as a felon

A loss of the honorific ‘Mr’ in the UK’s Daily Telegraph may be just the start, after the former president was found guilty in his hush-money trial

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/31/travel-trouble-gun-restrictions-and-no-more-mr-trump-the-trials-of-life-as-a-convicted-felon

The New Republic uses facts and logic to yet again expose what complete L.I.A.R.S the entire MAGA universe is.

https://newrepublic.com/post/182122/susan-collins-dumb-trump-defense-gops-sickness

The only thing that was more fun yesterday than watching the Trump verdict come in was watching Republicans and assorted right-wingers sputter in outrage. I flipped on Fox News not long after the verdict was announced and caught Jeanine Pirro in the middle of an unhinged rant. Jeanine: That’s how the legal system works. If a jury returns 34 guilty counts in less than 10 hours of deliberation, it’s pretty clear that the prosecutor made his case.

If Cohen and Daniels were such terrible witnesses, you know what action by the defense could have immediately canceled them out? Having Trump take the stand! He threatened that he was going to, but that was obviously bullshit, just like everything he says. Trump can’t take a witness stand, as any credible lawyer knows, because he lies every time he opens his jowly mouth.

But if the alternate universe they live in on Fox was real, then Trump should definitely have taken the stand, because he would have obliterated Cohen and Daniels with his righteous truth-telling.

But of course he didn’t. Because every word he has said about this is a lie. He had sex with her. He paid her off. It was obviously about the 2016 campaign. 

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

RFK Jr's. exploitation of his family legacy without living up to its ideals is possibly more obnoxious than the other Jr's. simpering gibberish about "the Constitution" – which his father plans on dismantling – and Democracy – with an upper and lower case D – which obviously sticks in Don's craw.

RFK Jr. argued the Democrats are trying to win 2024 through the court system during 'Jesse Watters Primetime'

NO, Bobby, Democrats are committed to the rule of law that no man is above it,  a concept your own father committed himself to and that likely contributed to his demise.  Don't play this divisive card and then campaign on unity of purpose and preservation of our democracy. We remain vigilant even if you can't.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-warns-trump-conviction-backfire-democrats-bad-our-democracy

Say it isn't so, Bobby.  

I heard a Trumpster at Trump Tower declare that, "Even lefties like Bobby Kennedy admit that Trump's trial was rigged."  The guy must have heard Bobby's latest bs on Faux News.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Ken is right about this. Putin may respond with a tactical nuclear bomb on the Ukraine.

First of all, Russia invaded Ukraine. They began this war. Ukraine should be able to bomb Russia to hell and back. There is no argument against that. Period.

Secondly, it would be suicidal for Putin to use a nuke. Quite literally, suicidal. He would not be among the living for very long after making such a move. The wrath that he would face would be quite a spectacle.

I think it would be helpful to remember that the U.S. knows everything about Russia's military capabilities; everything about every armament they possess. 

And most importantly, precisely how to instantly neutralize Russia's nuclear capability if that ever became necessary.

Edited by Matt Allison

21 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

What it's all going to come down to, is how many Americans finally just get sick and tired of listening to Donald Trump whine about himself.

Life goes on.

Steve Thomas

FACT FOCUS: Trump responds to guilty verdict with attacks and false claims

By  MELISSA GOLDIN May 31, 2024

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-misinformation-trump-trial-f451dbf66ceebb1da12f1419e56f11ff

Donald Trump loses an election and responds with attacks and false claims

We've heard this tune before. Sounds like a broken record to me.

Steve Thomas

I don't know about you, but with everything else that's going on in the world: famine, politics, climate change...

I am most concerned about the most pressing issue of our time; and that is,

Who will win the War of the Popcorn Buckets?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/01/entertainment/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-popcorn-buckets/index.html

Steve Thomas

Donald Trump Pretends Like 'Lock Her Up' Was Never One Of His Rallying Cries

The former president denied ever calling for his 2016 adversary, Hillary Clinton, to be arrested in a new interview on Fox News.

By Kelby Vera Jun 2, 2024

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-denies-clinton-lock-her-up-chants_n_665c90eae4b00474bee97451

“Donald Trump says he never called for Hillary Clinton to be arrested, tried and jailed, despite publicly pleading to “lock her up” multiple times over the years.

During an interview on “Fox and Friends” Weekend Edition on Sunday, the former president acted like he had nothing to do with the calls to imprison Clinton ― calls that were so common during his 2016 run for the Oval Office.

Shifting the blame to his supporters, Trump added, “Hillary Clinton — I didn’t say, ‘Lock her up,’ but the people would all say, ‘Lock her up, lock her up.’ OK.”

These people will lie to you quick as look at you.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

The former president denied ever calling for his 2016 adversary, Hillary Clinton, to be arrested in a new interview on Fox News.

GPFhmJjWYAAiB4x?format=jpg&name=small

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/trump-faces-criminal-charges-27-people-previously-indicted/story?id=100413013

I hope Merchan throws Trump's traitorous ass in the slammer. Enough already.

Today's latest symptom of "foot-in-mouth disease"

Eric Trump Claims Black Voters Are Turning To His Dad 'In Spades'

Critics slammed the son of the former president over his claim — and his choice of words.

By Ed Mazza Jun 3, 2024

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eric-trump-spades_n_665d74a8e4b0db758d13363f

“Eric Trump, son of Donald Trump, claimed his father’s conviction on 34 felony charges last week is making “certain segments” of the population more likely to vote for him.

“For the first time, they realize that the system’s coming down, that he’s the victim, he’s the victim that oftentimes some of their communities were,” he told Fox News host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday. “You see them swinging. Look at the African American vote, right? That’s swinging over to Donald Trump in spades.””

Eric, the Stupid One.

Steve Thomas

On 6/2/2024 at 12:44 AM, Matt Allison said:

First of all, Russia invaded Ukraine. They began this war. Ukraine should be able to bomb Russia to hell and back. There is no argument against that. Period.

Secondly, it would be suicidal for Putin to use a nuke. Quite literally, suicidal. He would not be among the living for very long after making such a move. The wrath that he would face would be quite a spectacle.

I think it would be helpful to remember that the U.S. knows everything about Russia's military capabilities; everything about every armament they possess. 

And most importantly, precisely how to instantly neutralize Russia's nuclear capability if that ever became necessary.

Matt: You may be right. However, Russia may use a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine, maybe on its nuclear reactor that is so controversial. If it did, what would the U.S.do? Respond and start WWIII?

I adhere to what Prof. Carroll Quigley who taught Civilization I and II at the Georgetown U. School of Foreign Service, told us: Above all else, remember that "The world is irrational" when it comes to international relations.

Peter Baker writes in the Times about how Trump as President would strain our system of check and balance. It is a well written article well worth a read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/02/us/politics/trump-presidency-checks-balances.html?u2g=c&unlocked_article_code=1.w00.Uapz.mSfnETDMrB1A&smid=url-share

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Matt: You may be right. However, Russia may use a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine, maybe on its nuclear reactor that is so controversial. If it did, what would the U.S.do? Respond and start WWIII?

I adhere to what Prof. Carroll Quigley who taught Civilization I and II at the Georgetown U. School of Foreign Service, told us: Above all else, remember that "The world is irrational" when it comes to international relations.

Let's also recall what happened the last time the West called Putin's bluff.

Most of us were shocked when he abruptly invaded Ukraine in 2022.

I'm no expert in foreign relations, but I wonder if it's past time for a negotiated end to the invasion of Ukraine.

These recent threats to launch missiles into Russia sound dangerous to me.