The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't about politics.

It's a letter that Anthony Hopkins just wrote to Bryan Cranston after watching Breaking Bad.

I know very little about show biz, or acting, but I had a similar opinion of Breaking Bad when I watched it a few years ago.

It thought it was the best television series since Twin Peaks and Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone.

Great writing.  Great cinematography.  Great acting.

TkAaCBS.jpeg

Let's face it.

The MAGA Cult is a murder cult.

As Lisa Rubin put it on MSNBC, the amount and the graphic nature of the the threats being directed  at Alvin Bragg and the court staff in New York is just staggering.

It's time to start treating MAGA as the Costra Nostra it is.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

It's a letter that Anthony Hopkins just wrote to Bryan Cranston after watching Breaking Bad.

...It thought it was the best television series since Twin Peaks and Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone.

TkAaCBS.jpeg

William,

My 14 year old daughter has been watching Breaking Bad (she's on the final season now) and she's been trying to get me to watch it. She said it's the best series she has ever watched.

Now I know she has good taste.

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

William,

My 14 year old daughter has been watching Breaking Bad (she's on the final season now) and she's been trying to get me to watch it. She said it's the best series she has ever watched.

Now I know she has good taste.

Sandy,

Breaking Bad is quite addictive.  No spoilers, but it's hard to avoid getting drawn into the story.

A bonus, for me, is that I've always been interested in chemistry, and the main character is a high school chemistry teacher in Albuquerque.

Monica Crowley, a former Fox News personality and Treasury Department official during Donald Trump’s presidential administration, showed love to Cold War-era Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) on Friday as she pushed a bizarre conspiracy theory that seemed straight out of the Red Scare.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/monica-crowley-trump-official-joe-mccarthy-deep-state_n_667661c9e4b00383ac7da9e8

“By the way, Sen. Joe McCarthy was right,” Crowley said in remarks to the Faith & Freedom Coalition’s annual conference in Washington. “And he was trying to ring the bell in the 1950s about communist infiltration in our government.”

- Monica Crowley -

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1804180719142596994

“Senator Joe McCarthy was right… The same deep state going after Donald Trump, the same deep state that removed Richard Nixon… that deep state smeared and attacked Joe McCarthy for speaking the truth.. “

When all else fails...

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Monica Crowley, a former Fox News personality and Treasury Department official during Donald Trump’s presidential administration, showed love to Cold War-era Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) on Friday as she pushed a bizarre conspiracy theory that seemed straight out of the Red Scare.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/monica-crowley-trump-official-joe-mccarthy-deep-state_n_667661c9e4b00383ac7da9e8

“By the way, Sen. Joe McCarthy was right,” Crowley said in remarks to the Faith & Freedom Coalition’s annual conference in Washington. “And he was trying to ring the bell in the 1950s about communist infiltration in our government.”

- Monica Crowley -

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1804180719142596994

“Senator Joe McCarthy was right… The same deep state going after Donald Trump, the same deep state that removed Richard Nixon… that deep state smeared and attacked Joe McCarthy for speaking the truth.. “

When all else fails...

Steve Thomas

Yeah, Steve, and these MAGA pundits only "discovered" the "Deep State" in 2017, after Trump tried to blame his Russian collusion on the FBI.

Then the MAGAts did the same thing after J6.

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This isn't about politics.

I know very little about show biz, or acting, but I had a similar opinion of Breaking Bad when I watched it a few years ago.

It thought it was the best television series since Twin Peaks and Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone.

TkAaCBS.jpeg

Yes I've seen interview where Anthony praised  it as the best.

It is truly great, particularly up to Gus's fate.

I thought the Soprano's was one of a kind.

I first saw Jerry Seinfeld live in 1979. He was funny in a quirky way. ehhhh  There was nothing about his act that was the least controversial. That's why it's so weird to see him now carry on about "wokeness" now.

Seinfeld's success is understandable though I do think "Curb your Enthusiasm was much better . Though it peaked a couple of years before it's end.

But concurrent with the Seinfeld in Comedy and yet more incisive, sort of like "Seinfeld for adults" and  miles better  for me at least was the Larry Sanders Show.

Probably the greatest TV commentary on show business was his final show, where he got everybody to help him.

I tried to find that on Youtube as well as O.J. trial. episode. But finding  specific searches on youtube can be elusive. Though you can watch whole seasons.

I did copy this.I think you guys will love it for it's reference to Oliver Stone. heh heh