The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Donald Trump’s campaign joins the Republican National Committee in attacking his nascent bid, as Democrats outside his immediate family largely stay silent

Yep. Like I said, he's the GOP's problem now.

Steve Bannon and Roger Stone's little plot blew up in their faces lol

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusually quiet at the Water Cooler today.

What can we say?

I'm guessing that we're all in shock about the tribal carnage in Israel.

Professor Juan Cole published an insightful op-ed at Informed Comment last night.

Tribalism versus International Law in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (juancole.com)

59 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Unusually quiet at the Water Cooler today.

What can we say?

I'm guessing that we're all in shock about the tribal carnage in Israel.

Professor Juan Cole published an insightful op-ed at Informed Comment last night.

Tribalism versus International Law in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (juancole.com)

Thanks for sharing Cole's thought provoking analysis.

In spite of the headline on YouTube, Channel 4 provides a degree of balanced reporting here:

Edited by Leslie Sharp

20 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

We would need to get in a time machine and return to the days of the Ottoman Empire to ever correct the problems that exist in that area of the world. And unfortunately that's not possible.

The carnage in Israel and Gaza is horrific enough, but I'm also worried that this will escalate into a wider, catastrophic war between Israel and the Tehran-Damascus-Hezbollah Axis.

There are reports today of Syrian rocket attacks on northern Israel and Israeli tanks amassing at the Syrian border.

And Ayatollah Khamenei is openly praising the Hamas attacks on Israelis.

25 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

We would need to get in a time machine and return to the days of the Ottoman Empire to ever correct the problems that exist in that area of the world. And unfortunately that's not possible.

Cain and Abel. . . . then Eve and Adam. 😞

Hey, do you think we'll at last get an impassioned condemnation of Trump from Jim Di now?

heh heh heh

Probably still not Ben though. Ben  strains with every nerve to say that both RK and Trump are the foremost figures in releasing the JFKA files!. 

https://t.co/CFMBdFW4GE

Anxious’ Team Trump Plans Attacks on RFK Jr.: ‘We Have a Lot of Stuff on Him’

“We’re gonna be dropping napalm after napalm on his head reminding the public of his very liberal views, dating back to 2012,” one unnamed source told the news outlet. “We have a lot of stuff on him.”

7Munx4Fe?format=jpg&name=900x900

It is staggering for me to learn  how so many avowed Kennedy "experts" and huge Kennedy admirers here on the forum have any real idea of what his Father's legacy really was!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

“Bobby might share the same name as our father, but he does not share the same values, vision or judgment. Today’s announcement is deeply saddening for us. We denounce his candidacy and believe it to be perilous for our country.”

Said sisters Rory Kennedy, Kerry Kennedy and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend; and brother Joseph P Kennedy II in a statement posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/09/robert-f-kennedy-jr-siblings-presidential-campaign

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

A friend in the region wrote yesterday . . . Every war is somehow linked to every other war , and everyone linked to each other by about 2 degrees of separation. For now we have to fight Hamas, and think of all the links, similarities & consequences later, though this may sound idiotic. We had a cabinet minister, the fascist Smotrich, quoting the Good, The Bad & The Ugly the other day, saying (like Eli Wallach's character ) "if you have to shoot, shoot". So maybe we're all living in a big Spaghetti Western (or perhaps it's just a dream we have).

3 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

A friend in the region wrote yesterday . . . Every war is somehow linked to every other war , and everyone linked to each other by about 2 degrees of separation. For now we have to fight Hamas, and think of all the links, similarities & consequences later, though this may sound idiotic. We had a cabinet minister, the fascist Smotrich, quoting the Good, The Bad & The Ugly the other day, saying (like Eli Wallach's character ) "if you have to shoot, shoot". So maybe we're all living in a big Spaghetti Western (or perhaps it's just a dream we have).

Ah, yes...the scene where Eli Wallach shoots the grizzled bounty hunter while taking a bubble bath...

I remember it well.

As for the crisis in Israel, I have always had a deeply ingrained, apocalyptic concept of the end of the world-- from my Protestant childhood-- in which hostile kingdoms, with Gog and Magog, invade Israel from the north.

I think that notion originated in the prophetic Hebrew Book of Daniel from (?) the 7th century B.C.

As I recall, Gog is loosely associated with Russia, and Magog with Iran (Khorason.)

24 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ah, yes...the scene where Eli Wallach shoots the grizzled bounty hunter while taking a bubble bath...

I remember it well.

As for the crisis in Israel, I have always had a deeply ingrained, apocalyptic concept of the end of the world-- from my Protestant childhood-- in which hostile kingdoms, with Gog and Magog, invade Israel from the north.

I think that notion originated in the prophetic Hebrew Book of Daniel from (?) the 7th century B.C.

As I recall, Gog is loosely associated with Russia, and Magog with Iran (Khorason.)

Yeah, that scene.  I think you're correct, and I too was immersed in these prophecies via United Methodist vacation Bible school. Russia The Bear and, what's China?

This friend — equal part Ashkenazi and Sephardic so his has an added deeply philosophical perspective/dilemma? in context of that DNA   — discusses the epigenetics and stored trauma over centuries.