The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Meanwhile, Trump said during pre-sentencing interview he had a gun in Florida, weeks after his conviction

From CNN's John Miller June 12, 2024

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/hunter-biden-trial-06-11-24#h_ed73f86a48c5d6e99e9d7c1590d9d2cf

“...the New York City Department of Probation officials have questioned former President Donald Trump about an additional gun that had been registered to him in New York and his access to firearms as part of their pre-sentencing interview, a city official briefed on the exchange said.

The former president was convicted on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records at the end of last month. Possession of firearms or ammunition by a convicted felon is a federal crime.

According to the official, Trump said that there was a gun in Florida, which is believed to be one of the three weapons listed on his New York City permit to carry concealed weapons. 

CNN has previously reported that two of the three pistols he was licensed to carry were turned over to the NYPD on March 31, 2023, and a third gun listed on Trump’s license “was lawfully moved to Florida.” Contacted by CNN last week, Palm Beach police said that they were unaware of any gun that Trump might have and that none had been turned over to the department since his felony conviction. 

Trump’s New York gun license was suspended after his arrest in 2023 by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office and, now as a result of his conviction, his license is being revoked, according to New York City Police. A New York official briefed on the probation investigation said the information on the outstanding gun “will be referred to local authorities in Florida to take whatever steps are necessary.””

And then there’s Hunter Biden's conviction of violating federal gun laws…

Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be reflected in MAGAs unhappiness with the verdict yesterday...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sorry-maga-gun-criminal-hunter-biden-is-good-for-joe?ref=home?ref=home

Sorry, MAGA, Gun Criminal Hunter Biden Is Good for Joe

ADDICTED TO LOSING

The impact of a second Trump presidency—and the threat he represents to democracy—are on such a huge scale that MAGA’s obsession with Hunter Biden looks ever more absurd.

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I fear Putin isn't fooling around this time. The countdown has begun. It all could happen in the near future, maybe before the November election. 

https://apnews.com/article/russia-navy-warhips-cuba-caribbean-ukraine-12c2be0f94a5ce1fcb8c6fdc0101d450?utm_source=copy&utm_medium=share

From the article:

It’s not the first time Russia has sent its warships to the Caribbean, but this week’s visit follows Putin’s warning that Moscow could respond to Ukraine’s Western allies allowing Kyiv to use their weapons to strike targets in Russia by giving similar weapons to adversaries of the West worldwide.

If I were Biden, I would consider threatening to bomb any weapons being unloaded from Russian ships on Caribbean countries.

13 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

They're coming after you!

Let 'em eat cake. That's what I say.

So, I don't know if what you posted is real or parody; it could legitimately be either.

That is a terrifying thing to contemplate.

Jailed J6 defendant forming an armed militia to quell 'civil unrest' at the polls: report

By Matthew Chapman 06/12/24

https://www.rawstory.com/january-6-militia/

“Lang, who also tried to rally support during a Newsmax interview before the network had to cut his feed, is one of several high-profile defendants whose trial stands to be affected by an upcoming Supreme Court decision in Fischer v. United States, which will decide whether January 6 defendants can be charged with obstruction of an official proceeding. U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols, a Trump appointee overseeing Lang's case, has previously ruled obstruction should be dismissed from Lang's indictment, because the statute was not intended to apply to the specific situation of rioting at the Capitol.

Go ahead and riot. That’s okay. You’re not obstructing anything.

Steve Thomas

12 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

So, I don't know if what you posted is real or parody; it could legitimately be either.

That is a terrifying thing to contemplate.

Matt,

It's real parody, or parodist reality, I can never remember which.

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Matt,

It's real parody, or parodist reality, I can never remember which.

Steve

Did what you wrote originally come from a parallel universe? Just asking as AI may pick it up and spread it further.

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

From the article:

It’s not the first time Russia has sent its warships to the Caribbean, but this week’s visit follows Putin’s warning that Moscow could respond to Ukraine’s Western allies allowing Kyiv to use their weapons to strike targets in Russia by giving similar weapons to adversaries of the West worldwide.

If I were Biden, I would consider threatening to bomb any weapons being unloaded from Russian ships on Caribbean countries.

Russia's supersonic missiles would be fired directly from its warship adjacent to Cuba and would not have to be unloaded. 

My guess is that we shall soon learn a Russia sub is also in the vicinity of Cuba.

7 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Russia's supersonic missiles would be fired directly from its warship adjacent to Cuba and would not have to be unloaded. 

My guess is that we shall soon learn a Russia sub is also in the vicinity of Cuba.

This is why I was worried about the recent U.S. and NATO threats to give Ukraine missiles to launch into Russia.

I'm reminded of the old line about "military intelligence" being an oxymoron. 🙄