The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Instead of studying the history of the first salvo of what we know now is a slow rolling fascist coup in America launched in 1945, we responded to MAGA-Trump as if created out of whole cloth.

The parallels of the sedition charges against dozens of US officials including Congressnen in 1945 and the indictment of Trump and his cadre of protofascists post-January 6 are astounding if one is truly paying attention.

Listen to ULTRA podcast. "As a new authoritarian movement rises in American politics, stoked by one of the country’s most outrageous demagogues, there is an all-out international manhunt for an American traitor. The U.S. Army’s Nazi war crimes trials in Germany have been infiltrated by a spy -- a mole for the other side. A gruesome foreign influence operation unfolds in Washington. A blackmail plot turns deadly in the U.S. Senate. A Hail Mary scheme to stop the counting of the Electoral College votes rattles democracy’s cage. With the line between the violent ultra-right and mainstream American politics fraying beyond recognition, with the FBI always one step behind their quarry, Americans of all stripes step up to confront a seemingly unstoppable, ascendant, anti-democratic force. Join Rachel Maddow for Episode One, launching June 10, 2024, and follow now. You can also subscribe to MSNBC Premium on Apple Podcasts for early access to every episode the Friday before it drops, and ad-free listening to all episodes in Ultra seasons one and two."

Season 2 launched June 10, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra/id1647910854

Edited by Leslie Sharp

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miracle MAGA water provides instant freedom with every sip

by Ellsworth Toohey Jun 17, 2024

https://boingboing.net/2024/06/17/miracle-maga-water-provides-instant-freedom-with-every-sip.html

“Turning Point USA has just unveiled the most groundbreaking invention since holy water: Freedom2O, the water that literally gives you freedom.

No longer will you have to rely on woke things like the Constitution or the Bill of Rights to protect your free speech. All you need is a swig of this magical elixir and BAM! Instant liberty coursing through your veins.

But wait, there's more! Not only does Freedom2O quench your thirst for hydration, it also quenches your thirst for rebellion. As the speaker so eloquently put it, "It's not just refreshing. It's rebellious and it's unapologetic to drink this in public."

Nothing owns the libs like publicly consuming a plastic bottle of overpriced water.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6nvIwXeYY&t=33s

P.T. Barnum is alive and well.

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Kellyanne Conway -

“Just look at the contrast. Donald Trump spoke to a round table of 8,000 people at a black church in Detroit"

It's pretty clear the MAGA GOP strategy this campaign is to simply lie about everything. That's not an exaggeration.

Reality? Here's the (majority white) crowd at Trump's black church event:

-

d29100eed7b3ab4ad15211ad3c7f90b9

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Listen to ULTRA podcast.

I 2nd this recommendation. Even people that don't care for Maddow's show will like this. It's all history; no modern political stuff is mentioned even once.

https://newrepublic.com/article/182799/border-bump-stocks-republicans-election

"Already they’ve been lying so often and so effectively that nearly all Republicans, and majorities or near-majorities of Americans, believe:

• the GOP lie that we’re in a recession (we’re in better shape, in most ways, than any time since the 1960s, and inflation last month was zero, while Ronald Reagan never got it below 4.1 percent in his entire eight years);
  • Republican lies about crime being up (it’s down dramatically since Trump);
  • their lies that “Democrats want elective abortion up to the moment of birth” (none have ever said that);
  • Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “stolen” from Trump by “voter fraud”;
  • GOP lies that the southern border is “wide open”;
  • the Republican lie that Social Security is on the verge of bankruptcy and must be saved by privatization or benefits cuts;
  • their vicious lie that queer people are pedophiles targeting America’s schoolchildren; and
  • their NRA lie that more and more deadly guns will keep our kids safe."

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I've been saying for a while now that there is no doubt Russia (possibly along with Iran) has been plotting a terrorist attack on American soil prior to the election, in an attempt to hurt President Biden's election chances.

Stay alert and vigilant.

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/17/us-terrorist-attack-morell-allison

Matt,

It's no laughing matter, but your comment about "vigilance" reminded me of an incident with one of my patients that occurred shortly after 9/11.

At the time, we were all experiencing 9/11 "Shock & Awe" PTSD, naturally, and the post-traumatic anxiety was amplified in my patients with pre-existing PTSD.

The poor lady came to her appointment in my office building looking quite pale and frightened.

In fact, she had been afraid to even enter my building-- a modest 12-floor structure.

I asked her about her fear and she said, "I just saw a man in your lobby who looked kind of like a Moslem!"

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

It's no laughing matter, but your comment about "vigilance" reminded me of an incident with one of my patients that occurred shortly after 9/11.

Yes, that was a brutal time. I certainly do not mean to infer anyone should start getting paranoid around Americans that don't happen to be Christian or Jewish. Trump claimed they were going to come from Venezuela, so who knows what is planned.

Whatever it is, it will be claimed to be Biden's fault, and that terrorists entered the country via the southern border.

Rachel Maddow on the View.

More and more Donald Trump is expressing violent, bloody images.

"there's going to be a BLOODBATH in the auto industry... There's going to be a BLOODBATH if he loses the election... The upcoming debate is going to be a BLOODBATH and give him money so you can join in.

He's talking about sharks and Hannibal Lecter and bringing out the guillotine.

Then he's talking about his followers committing suicide before they would vote for Biden, a la Jim Jones.

More and more Trump is evoking this violent imagery.

This is not going to end well.

Steve Thomas

19 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Rachel Maddow on the View.

More and more Donald Trump is expressing violent, bloody images.

"there's going to be a BLOODBATH in the auto industry... There's going to be a BLOODBATH if he loses the election... The upcoming debate is going to be a BLOODBATH and give him money so you can join in.

He's talking about sharks and Hannibal Lecter and bringing out the guillotine.

Then he's talking about his followers committing suicide before they would vote for Biden, a la Jim Jones.

More and more Trump is evoking this violent imagery.

This is not going to end well.

Steve Thomas

Yeah, Steve, and, after initially, feigning contrition about January 6th, and denying responsibility, Mango Mussolini is now openly celebrating his J6 Capitol mobsters as "warriors."

The Orange Psychopath would burn the country down, and incite mass murder, to save his own skin.

- Donald Trump -

"Business Executives and Shareholder Representatives should be 100% behind Donald Trump! Anybody that’s not should be FIRED for incompetence!"

If you don't support Donald Trump, you should lose your job and your livelihood.

They want to deport 20 million immigrants and deprive business leaders of their livelihood. I suppose the CEO's of Ford and Chase Manhattan Bank could go work in the fields picking watermelons and stuff.

Is this going to be a great country to live in, or what?

Steve Thomas