The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Republican Missouri Secretary of State candidate Valentina Gomez -

“These ungrateful people (black people) should be celebrating because they were born in the greatest nation to ever exist."

"Here's a tip; If you don't like America, kindly, get the f--- out,"

We did you people a favor by bringing you over here as slaves, don't you know. You learned how to pick cotton and everything.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Republican Missouri Secretary of State candidate Valentina Gomez -

“These ungrateful people (black people) should be celebrating because they were born in the greatest nation to ever exist."

"Here's a tip; If you don't like America, kindly, get the f--- out,"

We did you people a favor by bringing you over here as slaves, don't you know. You learned how to pick cotton and everything.

Steve Thomas

Geez...

America has a serious MAGA Stupid problem.

This Missouri anecdote reminds me of the MAGA outrage after Michelle Obama had the audacity to point out, in 2016, that the U.S. "wasn't always that great," at least for black people, Mexicans, and impoverished workers.

21 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

Yeah, Matt, Michelle Obama's comment was an incisive response to Birther Trump's 2016 slogan, "Make America Great Again," which Trump borrowed from the Nazis.

Trump, the Anti-Obama, apparently, wanted to "Make America Great Again" by, among other things, destroying America's first framework for universal healthcare coverage-- Obamacare.

Meanwhile, here's a meme for Michael Griffith and other ostensible 2024 RFK, Jr. voters.

P.S.   (I suspect Griffith will secretly vote for Trump, while urging liberals to vote for RFK, Jr.)

71bb9edcf5c66a2421452adfeea8dd77049159b5

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yeah, Matt, Michelle Obama's comment was an incisive response to Birther Trump's 2016 slogan, "Make America Great Again," which Trump borrowed from the Nazis.

I love quoting that line from Stephen Colbert.

In the historical timeline, it could someday be remembered as the beginning of the end for the 20th Century version of the GOP, with the grand finale being the coming November elections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Reality_has_a_well_known_liberal_bias&redirect=no

Deluge of fake news websites threatens to drown out truth during US election

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/20/fake-news-websites-us-election

"According to a recent report from NewsGuard, a company that aims to counter misinformation by studying and rating news websites, the websites are so prolific that: “The odds are now better than 50-50 that if you see a news website purporting to cover local news, it’s fake.”

NewsGuard estimates that there are a staggering 1,265 such fake local news websites in the US – 4% more than the websites of 1,213 daily newspapers left operating in the country.”

Be judicious out there.

Steve Thomas

Being a Floridian, what can I say when my state is represented by Matt Gaetz, Rick Scott, Little Mario Rubio, and (as CNN closed captions would have it) Rhonda Santos?

If Florida sinks any lower it'll be underwater.

I

Certain images have become iconic down through the ages and stick in our minds.

The Hindenburg Disaster. Raising the flag at Iwo Jima.

We will soon be experiencing another one.

The sight pf 2500 delegates at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, wildly cheering and applauding an empty stage and lonely podium as their boss sits in a jail cell 700 miles away in New York..

All those balloons floating down from the ceiling, and nobody home.

Who will accept on his behalf? His VP?

It will be just our luck if it's Marjorie Taylor Greene or Katie Britt warning of the dangers of Mexican drug-dealing rapists climbing out of her kitchen cabinets coming for your children.

Steve Thomas

19 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump. Racine, WI -

“I will not give one penny to any school that has a vaccine mandate or a mask mandate,”

The crowd went wild.

Hello measles, hello chickenpox, hello polio.

Steve Thomas

Geez... The shocking ignorance, and arrogance, of Donald John Trump... 🙄

Trump's scientific education probably ended in the 5th grade.

He's a man who never read books.

His fund of knowledge has come mainly from watching television.

Even during his disastrous presidency, he got his "intelligence briefings" mainly from Fox News.

So, some of his science-related policy proposals included using nukes to neutralize hurricanes and using bleach to "treat" COVID.

And his clueless fans think the Orange Idiot is a genius.

Edited by W. Niederhut