The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

I know CNN hates Biden and wants him to quit, but it's lame they didn't carry this

Matt , I think you and probably Jeff have the story on this completely backward.

So it's a big deal that he was off teleprompter? So this was supposed to be impressive? I thought he was rambling on about "nobody on the highways, and what his aides tell him?"

Do you think everybody connected with that? I didn't. What you and Jeff are looking at here is an embarrassment. If they showed those clips to just an International audience as Jeff said and not domestically they were doing Biden a favor!

There was another appearance at the 4th of July barbecue  for servicemen and their families, where on the positive side, there was an impressive segment where he again attacked Trump for his disdain of our servicemen. That was positive and carried in it's entirety on CNN.

On the negative, afterward he went to a crowd on his right and started taking selfies with them. It's apparent to me from watching it. Biden can't do anything without looking very old, so this will only get worse.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

On the negative, afterward he went to a crowd on his right and started taking selfies with them. It's apparent to me from watching it. Biden can't do anything without looking very old, so this will only get worse.

Kirk- He's 81.

I'm not sure what you're looking for out of him that you're not getting.

I know you are fully aware he's been a great President, so please explain.

9 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Matt , I think you and probably Jeff have the story on this completely backward.

So it's a big deal that he was off teleprompter? So this was supposed to be impressive? I thought he was rambling on about "nobody on the highways, and what his aides tell him?"

Do you think everybody connected with that? I didn't. What you and Jeff are looking at here is an embarrassment. If they showed those clips to just an International audience as Jeff said and not domestically they were doing Biden a favor!

What I'm saying is you and Jeff have the story completely backwards. Please answer my questions.  So you and Jeff were impressed with that rambling about the highways being slow and what Biden's  aides told him? You really thought that connected ? And you thought being off the teleprompter was so impressive ,that CNN was conspiring to put Biden in a bad light so they held it back from domestic coverage? That's what Jeff says here..

Jeff: I  know CNN hates Biden and wants him to quit, but it's lame they didn't carry this 

Domestic did not carry this, CNN International did. President Biden off teleprompter !

I'm glad you 2 aren't running Biden's campaign because that segment is another embarrassment!

That's my point

Have you ever noticed how Donald Trump is at his most vicious and insulting at holidays, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, and July 4th?

I think it's a deep seated fear and anger at the whole world, because while everyone else is sharing commaraderie and family, he is all alone and abandoned.

He lashes out in resentment, loneliness and fear.

He would be a psychoanalyst's worst nightmare.

Steve Thomas

36 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

So you and Jeff were impressed with that rambling about the highways being slow and what Biden's  aides told him?

Kirk- I had no problem with any of that and I honestly don't understand why you do. Do you understand what context this was in? Maybe that's why it doesn't make sense to you.

Or is it his manner of speaking? He has always had a speech impediment.

16 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Have you ever noticed how Donald Trump is at his most vicious and insulting at holidays, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, and July 4th?

I think it's a deep seated fear and anger at the whole world, because while everyone else is sharing commaraderie and family, he is all alone and abandoned.

He lashes out in resentment, loneliness and fear.

You nail it, Steve. 100%

GRrHseIbMAYH1cT?format=jpg&name=900x900

At a time when Biden trying  to prove he can complete a sentence and effectively tell a story and communicate.  This is bad.

Matt:Or is it his manner of speaking? He has always had a speech impediment.

Like I haven't heard that story from Biden a hundred times? Matt, I've known of Biden for 50 years and believe me, he never had a problem telling a story.

I'm asking you why posted this and trying to clarify what you and Jeff are alleging.?

So for the third time. You like Jeff think CNN was conspiring against Biden by not showing that segment in the U.S.A.?

No they were doing Biden a favor.  You're wrong. That's not flattering particularly at this time.

And I even accounted to you that CNN did a live coverage of a speech today by Biden that was favorable. We all know the problems with CNN. They run the same stories every hour unless something new comes up. But I find myself in the position I did with the Magas complaining about CNN's coverage with Trump, because like most of the nation, I'm also concerned, and I think their coverage of Biden has been more than fair.  This conspiracy is BS!

Matt:I'm not sure what you're looking for out of him that you're not getting.

Ok, You're saying these stumbles should be the new normal. And I have a much higher bar than that.

13 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ok, You're saying these stumbles should be the new normal. And I have a much higher bar than that.

That's fine. He's 81.

He's 81, and as long as he is judged cognitively fine by a doctor via an examination, I'm fine with him.

I wish everyone would cut to the chase and make that happen.

I couldn't care less how old he is. As long as he continues to do a good job.

Ok, Quoting speeches, is not "hate" either. It's part of objective reporting.

I'll point out that he tailed off and ended in a mutter, because I'm so hateful?  

Biden:

Biden also made a confusing reference to presidential road closures: “I used to think when I was a senator, there were always congestion on the highways. There’s no congestion anymore. None. We got on the highway, there’s no congestion. And so — the way they get me to stop talking, they’ll say, ‘We just shut down all the roads. Mr. President, you’re gonna lose all the votes if you don’t get in,’ but anyway.”

ok, I think I understand; what I'm getting there is that Biden is making a joke about how they have to shut down the roads now for him when he travels. Which does indeed piss off people that want to use those roads. So they reference that when they want him to get moving. I took it as an old man joke.