The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

· 
This is DJT's new running mate JD Vance.
Vance posted this photo of himself to showcase his macho working class chops, but it warrants a closer look 🧐....
First of all, wtf is this guy looking at? Why is he holding the weapon in this manner, which goes against everything they teach you on Day 1 of rifle safety training. Why are his work boots made of suede and not have a single smudge on them? Why is he sitting in front of firewood implying he just chopped it when it's clearly been milled by a machine, kiln dried, and delivered via pallet. Why do his blue jeans not have a Cophenhagen chewing tobacco ring on the front pocket. Why is he pretending he works with his hands when he actually worked for RW billionaire Peter Thiel. Why is he DJT's running mate when he said the man is 'noxious' 'dangerous' an 'idiot', and compared him to Richard Nixon and Adolf Hitler...

May be an image of 1 person, clarinet, guitar and violin

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when the Democrats were accused of wanting to implement death panels with Health Care Legislation?

Well

Republicans Just Handed Down a Death Sentence to the Nation's Coal Miners

As black lung continues to kill coal miners, House Republicans moved to block enforcement of a life-saving safety rule.

It’s clear that the Republican committee members are determined to slash and burn away whatever “excesses” they can find, and nowhere is that more apparent than in their disgusting betrayal of the coal miners their party loves so dearly to pretend to respect. Section 123 of the bill reads, “None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to administer, implement, or enforce the proposed rule entitled ‘Lowering Miners’ Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica and Improving Respiratory Protection,’ published by the Department of Labor in the Federal Register on April 18, 2024.” The language is bloodless, but the intent is utterly vicious: These highly paid, pampered modern aristocrats sat back in their padded chairs and casually handed down a potential death sentence to 44,000 people. 

That’s how many coal miners currently work in the U.S. as of June 2024. One in 5 of those miners — those who have spent more than 20 years underground — is suffering from coal miner’s pneumoconiosis, the dreadful degenerative lung disease known more colloquially as black lung. 

Link to In These Times

My grandmother and her friends were all widows on Black Lung allowances.

• Rep. Cory Mills (R-FL) -

With respect to Donald Trump:

"You know, it almost seems to me, I think that the investigation is necessary at this point within Congress, not just the FBI, not just others," said Mills. "You know, I look back at — I'm thinking all right, you know, for an individual, if you looked at the escalations and how they are trying to approach him. Let's just say that it was like, okay, first we want to censor and silence you, then we want to indict and imprison you, now are attempting to kill you—"

I knew it.

Steve Thomas

• Eric Trump 07/15/24 -

“They have tried to impeach him. Gone after us, gone after me… They have done everything to strip him of his wealth and his fame. They literally tried to kill him this week.”

Ah yes. The all-powerful “They”

The same people who tried to impeach Donald Trump, then tried to kill him.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

ok - So it's Lichtman.

Yes his famous 13 keys to the Whitehouse. 

Have you read them?

Only 1 key refers to the current situation w Biden specifically - 

1. #12: Charismatic incumbent: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.

and I would say that's negative for the incumbent party.  Nominating a charismatic candidate would change it to positive.

Also - None of the 13 keys deal with poll numbers.

In fact, as I re-read them there are only 4 of the 13 points that deal with the candidates and not the parties:

1. No primary contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.
  2. Incumbent seeking re-election: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president.
  3. Charismatic incumbent: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.
  4. Uncharismatic challenger: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.

So if a charismatic candidate replaces Biden the Democrats lose the Incumbent key  but gain the charismatic one.  

Is the primary one is irrelevant?   probably have to ask Lichtman to know.

So this was the "13 keys" guy? I was going to say to "Sandy, fine as long as it's not the 13 keys guy!"  They weren't called "variables" Sandy, that's too clinical, this guys really commercial! Think "Keys."

He's certainly the most commercial guy here. I think I've seen clips of him 4 times now, at least 2 softball CNN interviews. Should there be that much exposure to one pundit here?

But I saw a Chris Cuomo interview  with Lichtman disputing rumors of Biden's being in decline, to which Cuomo said that he has seen Biden  over the last few years and he definitely is in decline! Cuomo then went into another solo segment later where he lambasted that this was the only alternative the 2 parties could have given us? Starts at 3:45.

https://youtu.be/yKdqEK4T97U

Well done Bill! The guy's methodology is so static, It's based solely on the number of keys and weighs each key exactly the same! Any one can back test and come up with a formula. With all this certainty, he doesn't make a prediction, which is ok. But as you say Bill, he doesn't really take in account some unique variables.

There's not adequate polling on the other major Democratic candidates because they are not in the race.

So none of those more youthful 4 couldn't beat Trump? Why do you think  despite being a lame VP candidate that Trump  picked a 39 year old, and wants Biden to stay in the race??

*I see in  Melania's call for  de escalation, she talked about Donald's love for music! They must know each other very intimately!

heh heh