The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Stuck in the house today, due to the Canadian wildfire smoke and toxic ozone levels in Denver.

We lucked out last summer, but this is a real drag.

Denver weather: Colorado has worst air quality in US Tuesday, among worst globally | FOX31 (kdvr.com)

I lived in Denver when the park ranger set the National Park on fire.  Got up early that morning went outside, saw the orange sky and thought, not knowing what it was, so this is the end of the world.  What I found strange, in that moment, was how calm I was with that thought.

5 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

I lived in Denver when the park ranger set the National Park on fire.  Got up early that morning went outside, saw the orange sky and thought, not knowing what it was, so this is the end of the world.  What I found strange, in that moment, was how calm I was with that thought.

Bill,

I remember the ashes raining down on my deck during that Hayman fire.  I almost packed up the family and drove to Estes Park.

Later, I went to see my elderly father, and he said, "I don't understand what happened to this country.  Nowadays we have forest rangers starting forest fires."

• J.D. Vance -

"These children are the future of this country and yet the parents who have them actually have no advantage in our democratic process," Vance told the Intercollegiate Studies Institute in July 2021. "They have a smaller voice in some ways — in very many cases — than the people who don't have any children at all. The children who come from these families have no real representative in our democracy. Why don't we change that?"

"Now some people will say this is radical and this is crazy," Vance added. "The Democrats are talking about giving the vote to 16-year-olds but let's do this instead: Let's give votes to all children in this country but let's give control over those votes to the parents of those children."

Let's breed a whole bunch of kids so that we can get more control.

Control that's what it's all about.

Steve Thomas

- Donald Trump, speaking of race car drivers -

"I mean, we appreciate talent, I said, let me use these guys to guide our military a little bit," Trump told his rally supporters. "When you can win so many races, that's okay, you know, you guide. Same thing with coaches, you take some of the great football coaches, you put them at the table. 'What do you like, coach?' Because, in its own way, it's not so much really different."

"When does he ever discuss the policies he wants to implement?" said Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS). "All you hear is gibberish from him."

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Wall Street Journal editorial today:

Title: "Kamala Harris Confounds the GOP" 

Concluding sentence: "The economic and security fundamentals still favor Trump, but this is now a competitive race."

WSJ columnist today: "Mr. Trump had the chance to close the deal with his acceptance speech. He didn't. If the Trump rally mode is as good as it's going to get, she has a chance."

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Concluding sentence: "The economic and security fundamentals still favor Trump, but this is now a competitive race."

hahahaha

The economy is roaring, and the WSJ knows this better than anyone. 

Sad to see this once great newspaper added to the pile of outlets destroyed by Rupert Murdoch.