The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump, speaking of race car drivers -

"I mean, we appreciate talent, I said, let me use these guys to guide our military a little bit," Trump told his rally supporters. "When you can win so many races, that's okay, you know, you guide. Same thing with coaches, you take some of the great football coaches, you put them at the table. 'What do you like, coach?' Because, in its own way, it's not so much really different."

"When does he ever discuss the policies he wants to implement?" said Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS). "All you hear is gibberish from him."

Steve Thomas

Trump is the opposite of a policy wonk.

They have to show him dumbed-down, colored-coded charts to explain anything to him.

In fact, his only legislative "achievement" as POTUS was written by the Heritage Foundation-- the December 2017 Billionaire Tax Cut & Healthcare Demolition Act.

That's what worries me about Project 2025.  It's more Heritage Foundation Koch-ery-- gutting Federal programs for the American people in order to cut taxes for billionaires.

It's the same old stealth Koch agenda, with Trump as their Trojan Horse.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of openly Republican outlets like Real Clear Politics and Rasmussen, no pollster has given Trump quite the unearned extra weighting this year than the NYT-Siena poll.

That said, they have Kamala only one point down now, which, to me, is unassailable evidence that in the real world, she's actually ahead. 

https://scri.siena.edu/2024/07/25/trump-48-harris-47-in-national-2-way-race-harris-up-1-over-trump-with-3rd-party-candidates-on-ballot/

And to give some evidence of why I believe this poll, and most others, are faulty, let's look at the fine print.

First of all, any time a pollster talks about "weighting", remember that word is nothing but a euphemism for "guessing". Most important.

For example, they talk here about weighting in favor of non-college age voters, as they think they are less likely to answer their phone. Common sense tells you that the opposite of that is actually correct, as intelligent people don't answer calls from randos. Additionally, the below weighting infers that non-college educated people should be favored due to the number of them in the voting-age population, despite the fact that they are less likely to actually get out and vote.

"To further ensure that the results reflect the entire voting population, not just those willing to take a poll, we give more weight to respondents from demographic groups that are underrepresented among survey respondents, like people without a college degree. You can see more information about the characteristics of our respondents and the weighted sample at the bottom of the page, under “Composition of the Sample.”"

And finally, and probably most importantly, is the admission that their historical record for accuracy compared to ultimate final election results is off by an average of 5 points. Which makes them, as I've said, utterly worthless.

"Historically, The Times/Siena Poll’s error at the 95th percentile has been plus or minus 5.1 percentage points in surveys taken over the final three weeks before an election."

Edited by Matt Allison

Headline of Peggy Noonan's column in the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal:

The Kamala Harris Surprise

I had long thought she couldn’t beat Donald Trump. That’s wrong. In a 50/50 country, she can.

On July 25, 2024, Harris said, "Bring it on."

Trump backs out of debate as camp says it's 'inappropriate to schedule things with Harris'
By Daniel Hampton July 25, 2024 
"Donald Trump is reportedly backing out of a scheduled September debate.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-debate-2668817036/
That's according to Sam Stein, of The Bulwark and MSNBC, who wrote on the social media app X on Thursday night that the decision was made, "given the continued political chaos" surrounding Joe Biden and the Democrat Party."

"There is a strong sense by many in the Democrat Party - namely Barack Hussein Obama - that Kamala Harris is a Marxist fraud who cannot beat President Trump, and they are still holding out for someone 'better.' Therefore, it would be inappropriate to schedule things with Harris because Democrats very well could still change their minds," the statement said."

Coward

He knows she would clean his clock.

Steve Thomas

There was an old felon named Trump
Who would rant, sneer and lie on the stump
He was so sick and shady
That a childless cat lady
Sent him and his cult to the dump