The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apropos of nothing, I'm posting this beautiful guitar solo by Pat Metheny.

I've been a Metheny fan for roughly 40 years now, and I own his terrific song book (co-authored by the late Lyle Mays.)

Oddly, I have mainly used the song book to play several of his songs on the piano, (e.g., San Lorenzo, James, Phase Dance) but I've recorded a few with my guitar (e.g., Last Train Home, Never Too Far  Away.)

IMO, Metheny is a national treasure.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Here's a more topical recording for today, from the summer of 1970-- Graham Nash's simple piano protest song about the '68 Chicago Democratic Convention.

I prefer this raw live piano version (from 4 Way Street) to the later electric studio versions.

This is another vinyl album I used to own that disappeared somewhere along the line.  Did it get melted in the sun or loaned out?  🤥

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Kind of a misleading title here if you read the full article.  Looks pretty full to me in the picture.

Admission to the general public was only available to volunteers, and after 30,000 people applied, those spots were taken long ago. So any empty seats you see are assigned to people that either weren't seated at that moment, or are not there until tmrw, Wednesday, and Thursday.

While right wing media is desperately trying to invent negatives about the convention, actual reality just makes them look sad and pathetic in their attempts.

But, in good news for MAGA, Putin has offered to take in the people whose beliefs are more aligned with Russia than America. For example, Alex Jones: