The Education Forum

48 Things You Never Knew About the Kennedys.

Thanks for posting this Pete, some interesting things I've never heard or read before.  I was curious about sources but it just says Marie Claire US staff.  Never heard of the magazine myself before.  Interesting, started by the same person as Paris Match.  A US version since 1996.  They claim to fact check themselves, others within not associated with a given article.  An interesting concept.

I did not know Rose was titled a countess for her religious dedication and work.  I guess that title comes from within the Catholic church?

I have read about Rosemary having mental problems, ultimately a lobotomy and being committed.  Troubled in multiple schools, sent to an English convent, thought to have snuck out to have sex with men she met in bars?  But the part about her birth is just nuts.  The nurse at home with her, waiting for the doctor, trying to delay the birth until he got there tried to keep Rose legs closed?  When that didn't or quit working, she held her head in place, for two hours???  Hmm.  Committed to a facility in Wisconsin she sees none of her family for 20 years? 

I may have read a headline somewhere on a grocery store rag about JFK and Jackie having marital problems, she contemplated divorce.  Joe Sr. offered her a million bucks to not leave Jack?  I think I'd remember seeing that.  Them having a fight after he came in from a mistresses, both drunk, she goes outside in her slip, he calls an ambulance, she is given three electro shocks for depression.  I know I'd remember hearing or reading about that.

There are stories in the article that seem reasonable.  Joe Sr. told of JFK's PT boat was missing kept the information from the family holding out hope for a week.  JFK procured 12,000 Cuban cigars before the Cuban embargo went into effect?  That's funny.  Jackie's father was too drunk to walk her down the aisle, so her stepdad filled in?

I have to wonder if some of this would be sourced to tabloids or Kitty Kelly.

Some cool pictures I've never seen, worth scanning through for them alone.

Edited by Ron Bulman

8 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks for posting this Pete, some interesting things I've never heard or read before.

Same here Ron.  You have listed the items that I too don't recall coming across previously, although I've read somewhere about the million dollars to keep the marriage intact.

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

"His brother John had just received a medal commemorating his service in the war, which could possibly have influenced Joe to engage in an attempt to gain commemoration of his own."

Which could positively be stated as not factual.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Which could positively be stated as not factual.

Syntax first, facts later.😎

Marie Claire, btw, is a fashion magazine that's here licensing its name and logo to celebrity clickbait creators, through the syndicate which owns Marie Claire and some arm of msn.com that creates the clickbait.  So, MSM all the way, maybe all in-house under one conglomerate.

Can this assertion be disproven?

John Sent Jackie to Have Electroshock Therapy

One night after John came home from a date with one of his mistresses, he and Jackie—both intoxicated—got into a heated argument. Jackie ran out of the house wearing only her slip, and John called for an ambulance to pick her up. She ultimately was taken to a psychiatric hospital and received three shocks of electroshock treatment for depression.

Because I'd have demanded divorce right there.

Edited by David Andrews

12 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Syntax first, facts later.😎

Marie Claire, btw, is a fashion magazine that's here licensing its name and logo to celebrity clickbait creators, through the syndicate which owns Marie Claire and some arm of msn.com that creates the clickbait.  So, MSM all the way, maybe all in-house under one conglomerate.

Can this assertion be disproven?

John Sent Jackie to Have Electroshock Therapy

One night after John came home from a date with one of his mistresses, he and Jackie—both intoxicated—got into a heated argument. Jackie ran out of the house wearing only her slip, and John called for an ambulance to pick her up. She ultimately was taken to a psychiatric hospital and received three shocks of electroshock treatment for depression.

Because I'd have demanded divorce right there.

Nada David.  IF this was true, in Jackies shoe's I'd have hopped on a plane to France.  She was an independent woman.  I don't think she would have tolerated this even for a million bucks from Joe.  This is hogwash until someone at the ladies magazine provides documentable sources.