The Education Forum

Latest From Morley on Biden's JFK Records Snuff Job

I make no comment. I am merely re-posting for EF-JFKA benefit.--BC

---30---

The Latest From JFK Facts

Mary Ferrell Foundation Seeks to Block Biden's JFK 'Transparency' Plan

Attorneys charge a CIA-authored scheme will thwart release of assassination records

JUN 12
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  
President Biden spoke at the 60th anniversary of JFK’s inauguration in January 2021.

JFK researchers filed a motion in federal court last week seeking a court injunction to block implementation of President Biden’s December 2022 order on JFK assassination records.

Charging that the White House and National Archives “have unlawfully postponed the review, identification and transmission of additional assassination records,” attorneys for the nonprofit Mary Ferrell Foundation asked U.S. District Chief Judge Richard Seeborg of the 9th District Court in San Francisco to block enforcement of a CIA-authored “Transparency Plan,” now scheduled to take effect July 1. 

The foundation, which hosts the largest collection of JFK assassination records on the internet, sued Biden and the National Archives last Octoberfor failure to enforce the JFK Act. The June 9 motion of injunctive release is part of that lawsuit.

“The President violated the JFK Act when he directed government agencies to implement Transparency Plans that use non-statutory criteria,” declared attorneys Bill Simpich and Larry Schnapf in a 24-page brief.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Fimg%2Fattachment_icon.svg
Mff V Biden Motion For Injunctive Relief
634KB ∙ PDF file
Download

The JFK Records Act, signed into law by President George H.W. Bush, mandates the “immediate” release of all “assassination-related records” held by the U.S. government. The law was implemented by an independent civilian review panel, the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), between 1994 and 1998, which declassified three million pages of once-secret records.

The brief also charges that the National Archives has failed to fulfill its statutory role as the successor to the ARRB in two ways: first by not obtaining assassination-related records, known to exist, which government agencies have not put into the Archive’s JFK collection, and second, by telling Archives patrons to use the Freedom of Information Act to obtain such records.

The foundation asked Judge Seeborg for a preliminary injunction to halt implementation of the Transparency Plans and a declaration that the National Archives is the “successor in function” to the ARRB that has “a mandatory duty to seek additional Assassination Records.”

Judge Seeborg will hear oral arguments in MFF vs. Biden on July 13 in the federal courthouse in San Francisco.

2024 Issue

JFK assassination records have emerged as an issue in the quickening 2024 presidential campaign. Democratic candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has repeatedly emphasized his belief that the CIA was involved in his uncle’s assassination. In May, he tweeted:

As a Senator, Joe Biden voted for the Assassination Records Act of 1992, requiring that all documents related to the killing of JFK be released by 2017. But President Biden is still keeping thousands of pages heavily redacted, including 44 pages related to a shadowy CIA agent and a covert program that had contact with Lee Harvey Oswald just months before my uncle was killed.

The “44 pages” is a reference to 44 documents — which actually comprise perhaps a hundred pages of material — that are now “denied in full” by the CIA. The Washington Post and New York Times have dismissed RFK Jr.’s claim, but have not reported on the documents or the covert program he cites.

Former President Donald Trump has promised, if elected, to release the rest of the JFK files. Trump now faces federal charges of mishandling 31 documents related to the national defense. The Justice Department seized more than 200 additional documents with classified markings from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. Whether Trump possessed classified JFK files is not yet known.

What’s New?

The most recent releases of JFK files have generated significant new disclosures about the assassination of the liberal president in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, and the cover-up that followed:

• A CIA memo released in December revealed that the Agency conducted a secret internal investigation of the possible role of Cuban exiles in Kennedy’s murder, the results of which have never been made public.

• A debriefing of former Soviet defector Robert Edward Webster,released on April 27, showed how the CIA handled one returning defector in 1962. Webster was debriefed intensively and then forgotten. Lee Harvey Oswald, the suspected assassin who denied killing Kennedy, was not debriefed and then monitored closely. (See Chad Nagle “Tale of Two Defectors” JFK Facts, May 15, 2023) 

• A 1976 CIA memo, not fully declassified until May 12, quantified the CIA’s influence on the Warren Commission, by identifying 39 Agency employees who worked with the government’s first assassination investigation, including nine who had daily contacts with the commission and several known to have lied to or misled investigators.

Edited by Benjamin Cole

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I make no comment. I am merely re-posting for EF-JFKA benefit.--BC

---30---

The Latest From JFK Facts

Mary Ferrell Foundation Seeks to Block Biden's JFK 'Transparency' Plan

Attorneys charge a CIA-authored scheme will thwart release of assassination records

JUN 12
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  
President Biden spoke at the 60th anniversary of JFK’s inauguration in January 2021.

JFK researchers filed a motion in federal court last week seeking a court injunction to block implementation of President Biden’s December 2022 order on JFK assassination records.

Charging that the White House and National Archives “have unlawfully postponed the review, identification and transmission of additional assassination records,” attorneys for the nonprofit Mary Ferrell Foundation asked U.S. District Chief Judge Richard Seeborg of the 9th District Court in San Francisco to block enforcement of a CIA-authored “Transparency Plan,” now scheduled to take effect July 1. 

The foundation, which hosts the largest collection of JFK assassination records on the internet, sued Biden and the National Archives last Octoberfor failure to enforce the JFK Act. The June 9 motion of injunctive release is part of that lawsuit.

“The President violated the JFK Act when he directed government agencies to implement Transparency Plans that use non-statutory criteria,” declared attorneys Bill Simpich and Larry Schnapf in a 24-page brief.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Fimg%2Fattachment_icon.svg
Mff V Biden Motion For Injunctive Relief
634KB ∙ PDF file
Download

The JFK Records Act, signed into law by President George H.W. Bush, mandates the “immediate” release of all “assassination-related records” held by the U.S. government. The law was implemented by an independent civilian review panel, the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), between 1994 and 1998, which declassified three million pages of once-secret records.

The brief also charges that the National Archives has failed to fulfill its statutory role as the successor to the ARRB in two ways: first by not obtaining assassination-related records, known to exist, which government agencies have not put into the Archive’s JFK collection, and second, by telling Archives patrons to use the Freedom of Information Act to obtain such records.

The foundation asked Judge Seeborg for a preliminary injunction to halt implementation of the Transparency Plans and a declaration that the National Archives is the “successor in function” to the ARRB that has “a mandatory duty to seek additional Assassination Records.”

Judge Seeborg will hear oral arguments in MFF vs. Biden on July 13 in the federal courthouse in San Francisco.

2024 Issue

JFK assassination records have emerged as an issue in the quickening 2024 presidential campaign. Democratic candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has repeatedly emphasized his belief that the CIA was involved in his uncle’s assassination. In May, he tweeted:

As a Senator, Joe Biden voted for the Assassination Records Act of 1992, requiring that all documents related to the killing of JFK be released by 2017. But President Biden is still keeping thousands of pages heavily redacted, including 44 pages related to a shadowy CIA agent and a covert program that had contact with Lee Harvey Oswald just months before my uncle was killed.

The “44 pages” is a reference to 44 documents — which actually comprise perhaps a hundred pages of material — that are now “denied in full” by the CIA. The Washington Post and New York Times have dismissed RFK Jr.’s claim, but have not reported on the documents or the covert program he cites.

Former President Donald Trump has promised, if elected, to release the rest of the JFK files. Trump now faces federal charges of mishandling 31 documents related to the national defense. The Justice Department seized more than 200 additional documents with classified markings from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. Whether Trump possessed classified JFK files is not yet known.

What’s New?

The most recent releases of JFK files have generated significant new disclosures about the assassination of the liberal president in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, and the cover-up that followed:

• A CIA memo released in December revealed that the Agency conducted a secret internal investigation of the possible role of Cuban exiles in Kennedy’s murder, the results of which have never been made public.

• A debriefing of former Soviet defector Robert Edward Webster,released on April 27, showed how the CIA handled one returning defector in 1962. Webster was debriefed intensively and then forgotten. Lee Harvey Oswald, the suspected assassin who denied killing Kennedy, was not debriefed and then monitored closely. (See Chad Nagle “Tale of Two Defectors” JFK Facts, May 15, 2023) 

• A 1976 CIA memo, not fully declassified until May 12, quantified the CIA’s influence on the Warren Commission, by identifying 39 Agency employees who worked with the government’s first assassination investigation, including nine who had daily contacts with the commission and several known to have lied to or misled investigators.

Thanks for the link, Ben.  I thought I was posting the same link but it didn't work for me.

As I said, everyone should be following the case.  It's blending into the 60th anniversary this year and Junior's run next year.  Almost cause for optimism.

27 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:

Thanks for the link, Ben.  I thought I was posting the same link but it didn't work for me.

As I said, everyone should be following the case.  It's blending into the 60th anniversary this year and Junior's run next year.  Almost cause for optimism.

Yes, Roger, isn't it wonderful that Ben Cole has started yet another redundant "Biden snuff job" thread for the "benefit" of our EF-JFKA?

Where would we be without Ben's daily anti-Biden spam here on this forum, now that the 56 Years thread was closed as a result of the redundant daily MAGA spam?

And I'm shocked, shocked to read today that Trump and Biden blocked the release of the JFK Records, and that RFK, Jr. wants them released.

Who'd have thunk?  🙄

Re-posting veteran and respected JFKA researcher Jeff Morley's blog-post about the JFK Records Act has become "anti-Biden spam"? 

I wish someone would post, or find an intelligently written article, about how---and why---the President Biden and the CIA have maneuvered matters again so that the CIA and other intel agencies are exempt from full disclosure, 60 years after the JFKA.  

And why there is a media blackout on the topic. 

@W. Niederhut what we can say is that Biden has approved the use of "Transparency Plans" that do not comply with the JFK Act and effectively illegally terminates the JFK Act. Section 7 of his order would cause JFJ Assassination records to be treated like any other classified record and become subject to the ineffective NDC process. Even Trump did not do that.

So Jeff and Ben are correct on this issue. Why are you so sensitive to criticism of Biden when it comes to the JFK Act? Bill Simpich and I have had to literally put our lives on hold to try to force Biden to comply with the law. And in case you have not noticed, instead of being the transparency president, his Department of Justice is trying to dismiss our complaint.      

• 3 weeks later...

With the Biden snuff job on the JFK Records Act a done deal, the RFK Jr. candidacy becomes the only viable hope to open in the JFK Records---for some of us, the only real hope in our lifetimes. 

(I still have hope and very high regard for the efforts of Larry Schnapf to open up the records...but after what Biden did, more hope for a RFK Jr. campaign).  

I cannot imagine the EF-JFKA main board is the wrong place for extensive review of the RFK Jr. campaign, and media treatment thereof. Every day the media is "Mockingbirding" the RFK Jr. campaign.

Biden and the CIA are engaged in an active cover-up of the JFKA---accessories after the fact, in real time. 

Some EF-JFKA members, who are Biden supporters and staunch D-Party, evidently believe there can be too much coverage of the Biden snuff job and ascendant RFK Jr. campaign. 

They seem to conflate the EF-JFKA forum with their own living rooms and media-viewing habits.

If the EF-JFKA does not cover Operation Mockingbird on the RFK Jr. campaign---who will? 

Just wanted to clairfy  my prior comments that Biden is saying he (and presumably future presidents) have no further obligations under the JFK Act. We are not conceding or accepting that the Act has been terminated. He is delegating future disclosures to the national security bureaucracy- the same folks whose obstruction  and delays triggered the need for the statute in the first place!! 

This is just awful.

I wish to remind all of that story that Tunheim said to Oliver.

At their first meeting with the CIA, Tunheim flashed a document on the screen and said, "What could you possibly object to in releasing that?" 

The CIA rep looked at it for a few seconds and said, "Give me a couple of minutes and I'll think of something."

Well, this is the ultimate triumph of that meeting.

5 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

yep. they're implementing the "Lessons Learned"memo. I do think, though, that we got a larger document dump in June b/c of the lawsuit. 

59 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Just wanted to clairfy  my prior comments that Biden is saying he (and presumably future presidents) have no further obligations under the JFK Act. We are not conceding or accepting that the Act has been terminated. He is delegating future disclosures to the national security bureaucracy- the same folks whose obstruction  and delays triggered the need for the statute in the first place!! 

Keep up the great work, Larry Schnapf. 

I remain gape-jawed that there is a media blackout on your efforts and the Biden snuff job. 

Larry,

It is pretty clear that this has been in the cards for awhile now.

Gary Majewski, who is reviewing the records for K and K, said that he could not detect any new documents in the last two releases.

He is now going to go through them to see if there were any significant redactions removed.