Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

What year is this?

https://www.amazon.com/JFK-Coloring-Book-Alexander-Roman/dp/1936404486

https://envisioningtheamericandream.com/2013/12/11/coloring-in-the-truth/

Edited by David Josephs

6 hours ago, Paul Cummings said:

The same guy (Colby) who exposed CIA in Congress is Angleton's mole? pfft

Yes. In the story, Angleton realizes that only someone out to destroy the CIA would expose so many of its secrets. And so egads he has his mole. 

6 hours ago, David Josephs said:

"wrote a novel"

a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.

Yes. But those who are sworn to secrecy have been known to tell the truth as they know it in novel form. John Ehrlichman is an example. When he wanted to write about the tensions between a President and CIA Director going back to an unsuccessful invasion of another country, he wrote a novel. Or what about Robert Tanenbaum? When he wanted to write about his experiences on the HSCA, he wrote a novel as well. 

It could very well be that Angleton told Buckley he thought Colby was the mole. 

29 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

It could very well be that Angleton told Buckley he thought Colby was the mole.

Agreed Pat, my comment was mostly to show he was not necessarily naming names but just writing a good book... 

Are you of the mind these men could have been simply messing with those they wanted to, by writing such "novels"

It seems to me that at their level, "one-uping" each other and/or looking to "unsettle the other guy" was SOP.

I'm just speculating.. my understanding of spy-culture is only based on what I've read.  Maybe @Larry Hancock can shed some light on the infighting between these men and women and how much reality there is to that thought.