The Education Forum

Buell Frazier on Oswald package: "there was no gun"

A little visual context on the paper bag(s)...

142 & 626 are 2 WCE's of the same bag with 364 the "replica".  I had gotten an email from Gary Mack about Montgomery's oral history where he states that a venetian blind is holding up the bag in the photos of Monty taking the bag out of the building...  yet since we know Oswald didn't bring that bag... where does Monty get it?  And in fact it was M JOHNSON who signs the CCCS report turning in this bag. See testimony below contradicting Studebaker about the size and his partner claiming he never touched it.

He also claims the bag was both long/narrow and folded/small within 15 seconds.

image.thumb.gif.8a6a845d600971b676423afd222e9256.gif

Mr. MONTGOMERY. Which sack are we talking about now?
Mr. BALL. The paper sack?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. The small one or the larger one?
Mr. BALL. The larger one you mentioned that was in position 2.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You picked it up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Wait just a minute no; I didn't pick it up. I believe Mr. Studebaker did. We left it laying right there so they could check it for prints.

Mr. STUDEBAKER. It was doubled - it was a piece of paper about this long and it was doubled over.
Mr. BALL. How long was it, approximately?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. I don't know - I picked it up and dusted it and they took it down there and sent it to Washington and that's the last I have seen of it, and I don't know.
Mr. BALL. Did you take a picture of it before you picked it up?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. No.
Mr. BALL. Does that sack show in any of the pictures you took?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. No; it doesn't show in any of the pictures.

PaperbagreportDrainandDaywaschangedonordersof-wedontknowcopy.jpg.1d758a7852203a9dc3f75c00bc2689b1.jpg

5aaffd388e70a_paperbagcarriedbyMontgomery.thumb.jpg.613b61771e416ff920f11428c9df0749.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.4493b681d4154824841a5582a2502f99.jpeg

Studebaker's drawing - cause y'know with only so much film, couldn't take the same exact photo BEFORE removing this bag... :huh:. Notice too the column of boxes that closed in the area is gone.  Many, many of the photos are reconstructions done hours/days later.

Mr. BALL. Now, we have here a picture which we will mark "G."
(Instrument marked by the reporter as "Studebaker Exhibit G," for identification.)
Mr. BALL. This is your No. 26, and that shows the box, does it?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And that was its location with reference to the corner?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes, sir; that's the exact location.
Mr. BALL. Can you draw in there showing us where the paper sack was found?
(Witness Studebaker drew on instrument as requested by Counsel Ball.)

Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, sir. We found this brown paper sack or case. It was made out of heavy wrapping paper. Actually, it looked similar to the paper that those books was wrapped in. It was just a long narrow paper bag.
Mr. BELIN. Where was this found?
Mr. JOHNSON. Right in the corner of the building.
Mr. BELIN. On what floor?
Mr. JOHNSON. Sixth floor.
Mr. BELIN. Which corner?
Mr. JOHNSON. Southeast corner.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know who found it?
Mr. JOHNSON. I know that the first I saw of it, L. D. Montgomery, my partner, picked it up off the floor, and it was folded up, and he unfolded it.
Mr. BELIN. When it was folded up, was it folded once or refolded?
Mr. JOHNSON. It was folded and then refolded. It was a fairly small package.

studeg.jpg