The Education Forum

William S. Walter and the Telex

On 7/3/2023 at 6:07 PM, Larry Hancock said:

The FBI was monitoring several groups that would fit that description, starting with the Minutemen and the NSRP and extending on to the anti-Castro Cubans they were continually trying to shut down on weapons buys and raids.

However the most obvious link here would be a report to the Secret Service at approximately that same date which came from Fort Worth, and was based in remarks from an active NSRP member that they were going to kill JFK soon, implying on his Texas trip.

I'm surprised your interpretation of a "militant revolutionary group" is of a right wing group such as the Minutemen or the NSRP. When I hear the term "revolutionary" i think of left wing such as the "Castro revolution", the "french revolution", or the "October revolution". 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the second half of the telex which talks about "logical racial and hate groups" would insinuate that the telex was talking about a right-wing militant group but i'm not so sure. Walter seems to have handwritten some notation above the phrase "militant revolutionary group" that begins with the word "Cuban". See the opening post of this thread. This makes me wonder if the original telex was stating that this was a pro-Castro militant revolutionary group. 

Is it possible that "logical racial and hate groups" informants might be in a position to have heard intel from their groups of suspicious pro-Castro individuals possibly intending to make a hit on JFK?

Gerry, all this is pure speculation other than we know that there was a real threat reported against JFK on the Texas trip - it came from out of Fort Worth and from the NSRP.  The FBI certainly did consider the NSRP and the Minutemen as militants, and involving in gathering weapons for attacks US government' the FBI was were actively monitoring them and tracking actual plans from the NSRP which involved training rifle teams and attacking JFK among others.

44 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

I love the question. Remind me who is asking…NSRP has tremendous influence within the military…quite a strong statement but as far as I can tell a factual one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 4:32 PM, David Boylan said:

An echo of this can be seen in Oswalds notebook in which he references the American National Party as the American N Party. A peculiar entry into Oswalds notebook which to the best of my knowledge no link was ever found between LHO and this association. Perhaps Oswald just liked to collect addresses in his notebook. 

N-Party.png

On a separate note, a color version of Oswalds entire address book could once be found at this link: 

https://historum.com/history-essays/lee-harvey-oswald-address-book-full-color

However the link now appears to be broken. Does anyone have a color version of LHOs address book?