The Education Forum

deleted by author

Boy you got that right Robert.

What a disgrace for that junk to be here.

Robert, what are you talking about?

Google Bard is run by Google. I'm pretty sure Google already has everything that is on the Google drive. I know this because I can't access any of it unless I sign in to Google, at which point Google lets me access the documents that Google is storing there. 

I just clicked two different links just now at the Google Bard site reading their FAQ's as to what is kept and recorded and collected. it's exactly the same stuff that I would have figured Google was collecting, nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

As far as banking information goes, I'm not sure how many people go so far as to store their own personal banking info with Google in Google docs. But if anyone is doing this, then they're giving their banking info to Google, probably without Google even asking for it. it seems a bit rich then to complain that Google has this, if you're going out of your way to give it to them.

Beyond all that, and more specifically, where does Google Bard say that they're accessing the materials on your private Google account or drive to conduct their searches? This seems to be what you're implying. Feel free to post a link if Google states that they're doing this. I just read a couple of pages of their standard FAQ's and terms and as far as I can see, they're not. All the 'accessing your conversations' quotes refer to what you're typing into Google Bard, nothing more or less.

Google Bard does appear to have an option where you can export its responses to Google docs. This actuality makes sense on a number of levels if you want to store its responses and commentary. I'd suggest people use Google Bard with a grain of salt and double check or verify whatever it digs up, but it appears to be a useful blunt level tool to dig stuff up quickly that might take you personally a good 30 or 40 minutes of surfing around to find things out the same way. Feel free to not use it if you think the Bard is stealing your data, but I just searched the term GOOGLE BARD ACCESSES GOOGLE DOCS on both Google and Duck Duck Go, and I'm not seeing any other commentary online from people suggesting that Google Bard is accessing their private drives for nefarious purposes.

if you have more concrete data or links indicating that Google Bard is doing things outside their standard and somewhat boring terms and conditions, feel free to post it.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

We are all conspiracy theorists so this post should not surprise anyone.  Bard is the AI from Google.  If you have gmail and documents in their drive, it all belongs to Google and they can do whatever they want with it whether you use Bard or not.

15 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Robert, what are you talking about?

Google Bard is run by Google. I'm pretty sure Google already has everything that is on the Google drive. I know this because I can't access any of it unless I sign in to Google, at which point Google lets me access the documents that Google is storing there. 

I just clicked two different links just now at the Google Bard site reading their FAQ's as to what is kept and recorded and collected. it's exactly the same stuff that I would have figured Google was collecting, nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

As far as banking information goes, I'm not sure how many people go so far as to store their own personal banking info with Google in Google docs. But if anyone is doing this, then they're giving their banking info to Google, probably without Google even asking for it. it seems a bit rich then to complain that Google has this, if you're going out of your way to give it to them.

Beyond all that, where does Google Bard say that they're accessing the materials on your Google account or drive to conduct their searches?

Yes, you are 100% percent correct, Mr. Thorne, BARD is a product of Google, and yes, you're really asking for it if you leave private information on open servers, but the point I am trying to make is that the BARD capability is accessing Drive data, and that is dangerous.

Dangerous in the sense that the AI Google is using can collect key search data and feed it to a third party.

I know the internet is nothing but a massive DARPA experiment, and yes, thanks to the revelations of NSA contractor Edward Snowden, I know everything we look at is collected, but allowing a private company, who contracts with the United States military to access same data, over internal drive data, that is asking for trouble.

As for as the proof that this AI is accessing Drive data:

image.jpeg

Edited by Robert Montenegro

3 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

We are all conspiracy theorists so this post should not surprise anyone.

I am not a theorist.

I use original documentation and draw logical conclusions—that is called investigative journalism.

2 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

As for as the proof that this AI is accessing Drive data:

image.jpeg

Again, Robert, please calm down, and again - what are you going on about here? Did you read what you just posted?

As proof that the AI is accessing your private Bard activity, you cite a link stating that Google is storing the bard activity in your Google account.

This makes sense if they're keeping a standard record of what was searched. I figured that they would.

Where does it say it's accessing the drive for queries?

It doesn't.

Just now, Anthony Thorne said:

Again, Robert, please calm down, and again - what are you going on about here? Did you read what you just posted?

As proof that the AI is accessing your private Bard activity, you cite a link stating that Google is storing the bard activity in your Google account.

This makes sense if they're keeping a standard record of what was searched. I figured that they would.

Where does it say it's accessing the drive for queries?

It doesn't.

Well then I stand corrected and I'll delete the post.

Up to you, and I appreciate your vigilance, but as I said I just see the standard usual stuff from their FAQ right now.

A bigger query would be what the success rate is for queries as far as their info goes. I just found some Lockheed and government doc stuff that I'd been after, and a few nice leads on some bits and pieces from the 60's. But I mainly found it useful as a starting point for further Google searches. Time will tell I guess.