The Education Forum

2017: Smithsonian Mag Compares JFK/Elvis Death Conspiracy Theories

53 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Funny that the David Cole of the Vietnam war is going to start off with insults instead of researching the topic, lol! 

You literally sound like Jim Moore with your lame insults..  

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/princess-diana-death-conspiracy-theories-b2248362.html

I don't start researching conspiracies until there is a pattern and Princess Diana saying they are plotting to kill her in a car accident and that's how she died and the fact that all the cameras in the tunnel malfunctioned and didn't record the event.. I'd say there is two highly unlikely things coming together and that tends to only happen in conspiracies.. You know like molten metal pouring out of the WTC building before the "collapse" which isn't scientifically possible and NORAD doing drills for the same thing happening at the same time so they responded to phantoms in the drill instead of the hijacking, and we won't get started on Norman Menetta and the "Do the orders still stand?" with Dick Cheney that's obviously way over YOUR head...

Prouty is referring to British SAS not that there is one secret team that does conspiracies all over the world like the watchmen..  It's rather humorous that you will entertain there being people involved with the Dallas Police that were Military Intelligence but that British SAS might have been among the paparazzi that chased the car and may have helped cause the crash (since the cameras went out, we don't know) 

I don't know if it is a conspiracy, but my scales definitely tip towards conspiracy considering Diana predicted her own death and it happened in the same manner she said.. 

We are indeed living with the sad reality of what Diana predicted.  

18 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Anyway, how have I decided there was no conspiracy in Diana's death? One, no one had a motive for assassinating her.

How do you know that?

.... Three, her driver was drunk and on drugs and was driving exceedingly fast and just lost control of the vehicle.

How do you know that what was reported was the truth?

Four, there is no evidence of any conspiracy to kill her.

How do you know that?

58 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

ME: Anyway, how have I decided there was no conspiracy in Diana's death? One, no one had a motive for assassinating her.

YOU: How do you know that?

How do you know that anyone had a motive for wanting her dead? The only motive I've seen floated is that Charles wanted her dead so he could marry Camilla (proof positive that Charles is either half-blind or has horrible taste in women).

ME: Three, her driver was drunk and on drugs and was driving exceedingly fast and just lost control of the vehicle.

YOU: How do you know that what was reported was the truth?

There was an autopsy. Are you saying they faked the toxicology blood test done at the autopsy? Who would have done this? How? When? Also, several staffers at the Ritz who saw the driver shortly before the accident said he appeared to be drunk ("visibly drunk").

I might add that the driver was not even a licensed chauffeur but was a security manager at the hotel who was asked to do the driving by Diana and her lover at the last minute, so the guy had no idea he'd be driving the famous couple until shortly before they all departed.

ME: Four, there is no evidence of any conspiracy to kill her.

YOU: How do you know that?

Because no one has yet presented any credible evidence that there was a conspiracy to kill her, nor has anyone identified a plausible motive (unless one buys the tale that Charles was willing to have her whacked so he could marry the hound-faced Camilla).

BTW, one year before she wrote her paranoid letter saying she feared Charles would arrange a car accident to kill her, she told her attorney that she feared that Charles would kill both her and Camilla! Clearly, the young lady had an active imagination. 

It is embarrassing that we are even having this discussion. Princess Diana's death was clearly nothing more than a tragic accident. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

4 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

MG: Anyway, how have I decided there was no conspiracy in Diana's death? One, no one had a motive for assassinating her.

SL: How do you know that?

MG: How do you know that anyone had a motive for wanting her dead?

SL: I don't. And that's the reason I don't say that or anything like it in my posts.

Likewise, you shouldn't say that no one had a motive to kill Diana. Because it is something you don't know.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This thread has no further purpose here. Moderators, please move this baseless conspiracy speculation out of this section of the forum.

The whole purpose of this post was to show how mainstream media (purposely) conflates celebrity or dubious conspiracy theories with the JFKA case. 

31 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The whole purpose of this post was to show how mainstream media (purposely) conflates celebrity or dubious conspiracy theories with the JFKA case. 

Yes, I know - my comment was directed at Sandy Larsen's apparent attempt to start a debate about Princess Diana's death with Michael Griffith. THAT should be moved to some other area.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Yes, I know - my comment was directed at Sandy Larsen's apparent attempt to start a debate about Princess Diana's death with Michael Griffith. THAT should be moved to some other area.

Right on. 

16 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This thread has no further purpose here. Moderators, please move this baseless conspiracy speculation out of this section of the forum.

Unless there are characteristics of the death, or possible assassination, of Princess Diana which are consistent with characteristics of the assassination of JFK, in which case they might both be, for example, Murders Most Foul and discussion would be appropriate in this thread...

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

In some cases it seems that demands to 'move a thread' are a distraction consistent with other such diversions, such as 'hijacking a thread'. 

Any of us can choose to ignore a thread or a poster and move on...

2 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

In some cases it seems that demands to 'move a thread' are a distraction consistent with other such diversions, such as 'hijacking a thread'. 

Any of us can choose to ignore a thread or a poster and move on...

So it goes....

23 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Funny that the David Cole of the Vietnam war is going to start off with insults instead of researching the topic, lol! 

You literally sound like Jim Moore with your lame insults..  

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/princess-diana-death-conspiracy-theories-b2248362.html

I don't start researching conspiracies until there is a pattern and Princess Diana saying they are plotting to kill her in a car accident and that's how she died and the fact that all the cameras in the tunnel malfunctioned and didn't record the event.. I'd say there is two highly unlikely things coming together and that tends to only happen in conspiracies.. You know like molten metal pouring out of the WTC building before the "collapse" which isn't scientifically possible and NORAD doing drills for the same thing happening at the same time so they responded to phantoms in the drill instead of the hijacking, and we won't get started on Norman Menetta and the "Do the orders still stand?" with Dick Cheney that's obviously way over YOUR head...

Prouty is referring to British SAS not that there is one secret team that does conspiracies all over the world like the watchmen..  It's rather humorous that you will entertain there being people involved with the Dallas Police that were Military Intelligence but that British SAS might have been among the paparazzi that chased the car and may have helped cause the crash (since the cameras went out, we don't know) 

I don't know if it is a conspiracy, but my scales definitely tip towards conspiracy considering Diana predicted her own death and it happened in the same manner she said.

Oh, boy. Uh-huh. And we wonder why the Smithsonian associates the JFKA conspiracy case with nutcase theories such as the Princess Diana conspiracy theory: here we have several folks in this forum peddling the theory.

First off, no, Diana's death did not happen in the same manner she said it would. She said Charles would have someone tamper with her brakes (she also said Charles was going to kill both her and Camilla, so clearly she was a bit paranoid). Her car crashed because her driver was drunk and was dangerously speeding, and because she was not wearing a seatbelt, not because her brakes were tampered with.

The CCTV cameras? Oh, sheesh. You know the crash happened very late at night, right? Besides, several people witnessed the crash, and their accounts suggest no foul play Several people also saw the driver a short time earlier and said he was visibly drunk, which the autopsy toxicology report confirmed.

Have you read Lord Stevens' report on Diana's death? (LINK) Among other things, it notes that none of the CCTV cameras along the route to the Alma tunnel were in position to observe Diana's car. Those cameras, logically enough, were only pointed toward the front of the buildings on which they were installed to protect. Also, there was no camera, flashing or otherwise, at the Alma underpass at the time of the crash to photograph speeding vehicles. Photographs taken of the outside of the underpass on that night confirm this.

Your nutcase claims about the WTC buildings have been soundly refuted and are rejected by 99% of the scientists who have examined them. 

This is exactly the kind of crackpot stuff that so thoroughly discredits valid conspiracy theories in the eyes of your average educated person. We rightly complain when the Smithsonian compares the JFKA conspiracy case with nutty conspiracy theories, but then some JFKA researchers peddle many of those nutty conspiracy theories, even in this forum.

Finally, as for your statement that I am "the David Cole of the Vietnam War," yes, I certainly do believe that it was a noble and moral endeavor to try to keep 18 million South Vietnamese from falling under Communist brutality and tyranny. And when your side finally managed to betray South Vietnam and enabled the Communists to execute tens of thousands of South Vietnamese and to send nearly a million others to brutal concentration camps, 98% of your side said nothing about it, and for the most part your side continues to pretend that it never happened.

Edited by Michael Griffith