The Education Forum

Anyone read this book about Britain involvement?

Has anyone read this book?   It seems at first to be malarkey but I wanted to check with the forum.  Jim?   Cliff?   I was going to order for an acquaintance and send it.  
Thoughts on its theory?

I note that he appears to have good credentials in Britain and is a well thought of researcher from across the pond.   The book has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/JFK-British-Definitive-Truth-Assassination/dp/1094818747

Edited by Cory Santos

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Has anyone read this book?   It seems at first to be malarkey but I wanted to check with the forum.  Jim?   Cliff?   I was going to order for an acquaintance and send it.  
Thoughts on its theory?

I note that he appears to have good credentials in Britain and is a well thought of researcher from across the pond.   The book has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/JFK-British-Definitive-Truth-Assassination/dp/1094818747

There are many in the UK who have built careers along similar lines, and my own first cousin ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Hagger ) also promotes alternative versions of history, but unlike the author mentioned by Cory, my first cousin does have some credentials.

However, Nicholas bases everything upon metaphysics, which I do not.

I am interested in the JFK topic because of my own (with partners) interest in the story of broadcasting which collides with the lives of both Don Pierson of Eastland, Texas, and Gordon McLendon of Dallas, Texas. Their lives intertwine with KLIF, a radio station registered to Oak Cliff that Jack Ruby seems to have wrapped his life around. It was at a theater in Oak Cliff where Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested in 1963.

Consequently I have no interest in the shrill rhetoric of some, and while I do not agree with the conclusions of David von Pein, I find his approach to be the nearest to a courtroom presentation of evidence. What seems to be missing is an equally dedicated and meticulously documented presentation by an "opposing counsel" disagreeing with the conclusions of the Warren Report.

But back to this book brought to our attention by Cory Santos. If I were a super skeptic and super conspiratorialist, I might suspect that this book was merely another distraction from examining the evidence in a professional manner. Whereas David von Pein presents a timeline from beginning to end relating to the death of JFK, his opponents seem to fill page after page with disjointed and fragmentary opinions.

Whenever such observations are made in the broadcasting arena, they often result in abusive personal attacks, rather than a response to the evidence, and that seems to have been the case in many of the responses to the presentations by David von Pein.

However, after reading the biography and beliefs of the author of the book mentioned by Cory, it seems to be just a distraction and nothing more.

OMG, so it was Bond on the knoll after all.

If John Hamer's JFKA theories are anything approaching his 'Titanic' was 'Olympic' theory I'd give him a wide berth.

7 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

There are many in the UK who have built careers along similar lines, and my own first cousin ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Hagger ) also promotes alternative versions of history, but unlike the author mentioned by Cory, my first cousin does have some credentials.

However, Nicholas bases everything upon metaphysics, which I do not.

I am interested in the JFK topic because of my own (with partners) interest in the story of broadcasting which collides with the lives of both Don Pierson of Eastland, Texas, and Gordon McLendon of Dallas, Texas. Their lives intertwine with KLIF, a radio station registered to Oak Cliff that Jack Ruby seems to have wrapped his life around. It was at a theater in Oak Cliff where Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested in 1963.

Consequently I have no interest in the shrill rhetoric of some, and while I do not agree with the conclusions of David von Pein, I find his approach to be the nearest to a courtroom presentation of evidence. What seems to be missing is an equally dedicated and meticulously documented presentation by an "opposing counsel" disagreeing with the conclusions of the Warren Report.

But back to this book brought to our attention by Cory Santos. If I were a super skeptic and super conspiratorialist, I might suspect that this book was merely another distraction from examining the evidence in a professional manner. Whereas David von Pein presents a timeline from beginning to end relating to the death of JFK, his opponents seem to fill page after page with disjointed and fragmentary opinions.

Whenever such observations are made in the broadcasting arena, they often result in abusive personal attacks, rather than a response to the evidence, and that seems to have been the case in many of the responses to the presentations by David von Pein.

However, after reading the biography and beliefs of the author of the book mentioned by Cory, it seems to be just a distraction and nothing more.

Based on your reply it is evident that you have not read this book and you hold DVP on a pedestal.  What if Mr.  Hamers book is relevant to your groups research?   You could be missing a gold mine.  Certainly, you do not want to discredit any information without reading it do you?  
I wanted to give my acquaintance a book on the JFK subject by a non-American author to show how other cultures views this event.  This book appeared to be the highest achievement by UK researchers, unless you can point me to a different book in English.   I do recall in the 1980s there was a UK researcher arguing that someone replaced LHO’s body resulting in an evaluation which did not confirm this.   So if you can provide a relevant reply please do so as I need to order something soon.   

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Based on your reply it is evident that you have not read this book and you hold DVP on a pedestal.  What if Mr.  Hamers book is relevant to your groups research?   You could be missing a gold mine.  Certainly, you do not want to discredit any information without reading it do you?  
I wanted to give my acquaintance a book on the JFK subject by a non-American author to show how other cultures views this event.  This book appeared to be the highest achievement by UK researchers, unless you can point me to a different book in English.   I do recall in the 1980s there was a UK researcher arguing that someone replaced LHO’s body resulting in an evaluation which did not confirm this.   So if you can provide a relevant reply please do so as I need to order something soon.   

I refer you to my original comment.

23 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I refer you to my original comment.

But your original comment provides no guidance to the question posed, that is, name a book from the UK in English that would be a high achievement of research into the assassination.  Can you answer the question?    If there is none just say so and I will try another country.   

Anthony Summers done some good books on JFK, Edna & Nixon amongst others. He’s Oirish.

4 hours ago, Sean Coleman said:

Anthony Summers done some good books on JFK, Edna & Nixon amongst others. He’s Oirish.

Thank you.  I also saw the name David Icke on another site but I have reservations based on reviews.   I unfortunately will have to find another country for a book of quality European research on JFK.  
My esteemed acquaintance certainly is missing out.  If only the days of Sherlock Holmes still existed.  Anyways, thank you for the responses.