The Education Forum

Will 60th JFKA Anniversary Garner More Main Stream Media Attention Than Usual?

Joe Bauer

The 50th brought out a lot of mention and coverage. 

Hardly any on the successive 11,22 dates since then. 

Last few years, I personally didn't see "any" mention of the JFKA anywhere!

I would hope that the 60th brings more mention than that.

I would hope this would include at least a couple of our national TV networks showing Oliver Stone's still powerful "JFK" film in the months of October and November.

Maybe even some mention of Stone and Jim Di's film "JFK Revisited?"

And maybe more interviews on national radio?

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The 50th brought out a lot of mention and coverage. 

Hardly any on the successive 11,22 dates since then. 

Last few years, I personally didn't see "any" mention of the JFKA anywhere!

I would hope that the 60th brings more mention than that.

I would hope this would include at least a couple of our national TV networks showing Oliver Stone's still powerful "JFK" film in the months of October and November.

Maybe even some mention of Stone and Jim Di film "JFK Revisited?"

And maybe some mention on national radio?

Joe, the reason for the silence is boredom and boring rehashed stories do not gain audiences and therefore they do not sell commercial airtime for big bucks. What is wanted is new material. I have some new material.

2 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Joe, the reason for the silence is boredom and boring rehashed stories do not gain audiences and therefore they do not sell commercial airtime for big bucks. What is wanted is new material. I have some new material.

There are ever new generations besides ours who really haven't heard much of even the "rehashed" JFKA stories as you describe MH imo.

And yet I think they could be pulled into wanting to know more about it.

For those younger people the story could still be a fascinating one if as you say it could be told perhaps in a new and different way and especially if they have an inclination for history. Which every new generation will always possess to predictable degrees.

Over the years I recall even our generation feeling our parent's WWII stories were old hat after a time. Same with their experiencing the great Depression.

Our grandparent's or great grandparent's great historical event stories even more so.

Seems every year of my life the story of the Jewish holocaust is repeated over and over, year after year, in film especially. An almost 90 year old story. Yet, I still find that story fascinating for many important reasons.

I remember a major studio film about Lincoln's assassination made about 11 years ago.

Lincoln is a 2012 American biographical historical drama film directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as United States President Abraham Lincoln.[8] It featured Sally Field, David Strathairn, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, Hal Holbrook, Robin Wright and Tommy Lee Jones in supporting roles.

Talk about a "rehashed" 145 year old and thousand times told story?

Yet, it was a still a great and captivating film, told in a way that gave it new and relative meaning and interest to a 7 generations later audience.

Stone's FILM "JFK" came out 30 years after 11,22,1963.

Though 30 years removed from the original event, that film blew away it's packed audiences here and world wide!

As you say, it was presented in a new way unlike any JFKA film previous.

David Mamet was close to making a JFKA related film about 10 or more years ago tentatively titled "Black Bird." It's story plot line was very different and sounded fascinating. The main lead star was going to be the great Cate Blanchett!

I couldn't wait to see such a film especially scripted by one of the greatest film writers ever. Unfortunately the film got canned.

I "still" think a major A-list film about the nationally famous and influential celebrity Dorothy Kilgallen ( even though her story is over 50 years old ) would do well in theaters or at least with a TV audience, especially if it's cast was made up of our most famous and talented actors.

I would build the story ( her life was fascinating on it's own ) to a JFKA climax and her own totally suspicious murder...leaving the audience with pondering the reality that powerful domestic forces and groups had her silenced because of what she learned about Jack Ruby and the forces that enabled him to whack the most important criminal suspect in American History in the most improbable circumstances imaginable. Right inside of the Dallas PD building with 75 armed police all around.

That would be a creatively new way to tell the thousandth time told ( rehashed ) story of the Jack Ruby/Lee Harvey Oswald historical event.

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

There are ever new generations besides ours who really haven't heard much of even the "rehashed" JFKA stories as you describe MH imo.

And yet I think they could be pulled into wanting to know more about it.

For those younger people the story could still be a fascinating one if as you say it could be told perhaps in a new and different way and especially if they have an inclination for history. Which every new generation will always possess to predictable degrees.

Over the years I recall even our generation feeling our parent's WWII stories were old hat after a time. Same with their experiencing the great Depression.

Our grandparent's or great grandparent's great historical event stories even more so.

Seems every year of my life the story of the Jewish holocaust is repeated over and over, year after year, in film especially. An almost 90 year old story. Yet, I still find that story fascinating for many important reasons.

I remember a major studio film about Lincoln's assassination made about 11 years ago.

Lincoln is a 2012 American biographical historical drama film directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as United States President Abraham Lincoln.[8] It featured Sally Field, David Strathairn, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, Hal Holbrook, Robin Wright and Tommy Lee Jones in supporting roles.

Talk about a "rehashed" 145 year old and thousand times told story?

Yet, it was a still a great and captivating film, told in a way that gave it new and relative meaning and interest to a 7 generations later audience.

Stone's FILM "JFK" came out 30 years after 11,22,1963.

Though 30 years removed from the original event, that film blew away it's packed audiences here and world wide!

As you say, it was presented in a new way unlike any JFKA film previous.

David Mamet was close to making a JFKA related film about 10 or more years ago tentatively titled "Black Bird." It's story plot line was very different and sounded fascinating. The main lead star was going to be the great Cate Blanchett!

I couldn't wait to see such a film especially scripted by one of the greatest film writers ever. Unfortunately the film got canned.

I "still" think a major A-list film about the nationally famous and influential celebrity Dorothy Kilgallen ( even though her story is over 50 years old ) would do well in theaters or at least with a TV audience, especially if it's cast was made up of our most famous and talented actors.

I would build the story ( her life was fascinating on it's own ) to a JFKA climax and her own totally suspicious murder...leaving the audience with pondering the reality that powerful domestic forces and groups had her silenced because of what she learned about Jack Ruby and the forces that enabled him to whack the most important criminal suspect in American History in the most improbable circumstances imaginable. Right inside of the Dallas PD building with 75 armed police all around.

That would be a creatively new way to tell the thousandth time told ( rehashed ) story of the Jack Ruby/Lee Harvey Oswald historical event.

Joe, I am not a fan of "a true story based on real events" because the scriptwriters play for entertainment value and either convolute information or even event scenes that never happened. I am waiting to see the movie about John Lilburne and his links to Thomas Jefferson.

At present, it does not exist.

There have been movies about Cromwell and the English Civil War. They were dreadful invented 'histories'.

This is why my partners formed what is still a dormant company called 'Yesterday Never Happened (UK) Limited. We have published both a number of academic monographs, produced audio and video documentaries and even a continuing commentary for a museum. But one of the drawbacks to presenting this stuff to a wider audience on the screen has been vested broadcasting interests such as the British Broadcasting Corporation. They have built their own "history" upon fake roots.

Last year that organization claimed to be 100 years old, when in fact they were only 95 years old. They did this by incorporating a storyline that did not belong to them, but which shared the same 'BBC' initials, and by ignoring the roots of their own creation back in 1660.

That was when England introduced a NEW monarchy (not restored an old one), and it was introduced to block out all mention of the life and times of John Lilburne during the years from 1649 to 1660 when both England and Scotland were merged into a single republic!

As for Winston Churchill, well that man was the doyen of misinformation dating from 1920 and his 'Bad Jew' creation of the Illuminati conspiracy, to his WWII hiring of Sefton Delmer who created a vast phantom broadcasting network.

Telling the truth and selling the truth are two different things.