The Education Forum

Paul Landis - no mention of bullets or fragments in 2016 interview plus bad memory

Vince Palamara

Crazy question, but did Clint Hill carry any loose bullets in his pockets or on his person that day?   I mean, if Clint dropped his lighter he might have also dropped a loose bullet?   He did, after all, climb in the area the bullet was found.

20 minutes ago, K K Lane said:

Crazy question, but did Clint Hill carry any loose bullets in his pockets or on his person that day?   I mean, if Clint dropped his lighter he might have also dropped a loose bullet?   He did, after all, climb in the area the bullet was found.

VERY interesting and entirely plausible scenario! He was there and spread eagle over that very same area.

24 minutes ago, K K Lane said:

According to Landis, Clint Hill's cigarette lighter was on the seat as well. But I'm guessing Hill's alleged warning to Landis about going public with this story disproves that it was just an innocent incident of Hill's pockets emptying out all over the scene of the crime by accident.

38 minutes ago, K K Lane said:

Does anyone think Clint Hill was carrying around a spent bullet in his pocket on Nov. 22, which was slightly damaged and bent and lacking any shell casing?

~shrug~

Edited by David Von Pein

Fair enough, David.  LOL.   I keep hearing Nurse Hall use the word pristine and Paul Landis use similar language.   Has Paul Landis described the bullet beyond it not being a fragment?

And as long as I'm in this deep, were fingerprints ever taken from CE399?

Edited by K K Lane

So I guess the argument is that Landis is either imagining the finding of the bullet or is lying. Never mind that he insists that he has purposely withheld the finding of the bullet until now and that he says he is disclosing it because he believes it should now be made known. And never mind that a former Parkland nurse has now come forward and reported that she saw a bullet on JFK's stretcher. 

12 hours ago, K K Lane said:

Fair enough, David.  LOL.   I keep hearing Nurse Hall use the word pristine and Paul Landis use similar language.   Has Paul Landis described the bullet beyond it not being a fragment?

And as long as I'm in this deep, were fingerprints ever taken from CE399?

Bullets are rarely if ever fingerprinted. The bullet would be in its shell when handled by the shooter, and whatever smears may be on the top would presumably be burned off. Now, in this case, it seems they probably should have fingerprinted CE 399 to help with the chain of custody. But think about it. By the time it reached the crime lab it had been handled by multiple men, so whatever smears had been from the "finder" of the bullet would be smudged. And besides, fingerprints are only rarely found on intact shells. TV makes out that the crime scene people pick up the shell with a pencil and never touch it in an effort to preserve prints. But prints are rarely found--to the extent that many crime scene investigators don't even bother looking for them. 

2 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Going by memory here but didn't the Warren Report claim CE399 was somehow connected with the Carcano rifle, to the exclusion of all others? 

Yes, because of the grooves on its outside, which were a good match for the grooves made by the rifle. 

2 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

So I guess the argument is that Landis is either imagining the finding of the bullet or is lying. Never mind that he insists that he has purposely withheld the finding of the bullet until now and that he says he is disclosing it because he believes it should now be made known. And never mind that a former Parkland nurse has now come forward and reported that she saw a bullet on JFK's stretcher. 

As I recall, that nurse said she saw JFK outside in the hallway, and not in trauma room one. Is that correct? If so, her story hardly backs up Landis. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

As I recall, that nurse said she saw JFK outside in the hallway, and not in trauma room one. Is that correct? If so, her story hardly backs up Landis. 

Really? Just because she recalled seeing the stretcher in the hallway and not in the ER when she saw a bullet on it? She came forward with her story in 2013, 10 years ago, and now Landis says he put the rear-seat bullet on JFK's stretcher. That's one heck of a coincidence.