The Education Forum

Paul Landis - no mention of bullets or fragments in 2016 interview plus bad memory

Vince Palamara

Landis and his co-writer promoting his book just before the milestone 60th JFKA anniversary is just coincidence?

And he gets national news media coverage for this?

Kudos to his publicity agent.

And so much for SS agents not profiting off the JFKA and their "right there" involvement with it?

Might as well cash out before it's too late?

These nurses who were right there as well never even tried to make a dime off of their "right there" experience and observations.

Same with the JFK and Connally treating doctors from what I can recall except maybe two? Crenshaw for one.

Gotta remember ... Kennedy's assassination was a security breakdown "failure" on the part of the SS and all the other agencies tasked with that responsibility.

We just didn't have the manpower to man the rooftops and secure high building open windows along the parade route.

Not keeping an eye on Lee Harvey Oswald ( employed in a high floor building just above the motorcade route) never entered the security risk individual mind of FBI agent Hosty who's personal assignment was Oswald?

Agent Hosty ( highest priority briefed on JFK security task duties that morning ) is having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner when JFK is shot?

Now THAT's what you call " highest priority and professional" security measures and action duty?

Hosty then "destroys his agency's Oswald file" ( mind boggling ) the day after Oswald was whacked by Jack Ruby?

A sleazy strip joint owner who just sauntered into the hugely guarded DPD basement and was able to then jump within inches of Oswald's unprotected front and blow his guts out?

Wasn't the Oswald FBI file extremely vital and important evidence?

Wouldn't the Warren Commission want to know about and see that file with absolute highest priority urgency?

If Hosty had told them of his Oswald file destruction action in his WC testmony... can you imagine the chaos that would have erupted?

You destroyed your Oswald file? The day after Oswald was killed?

Holy Toledo!

Edited by Joe Bauer

36 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Landis and his co-writer promoting his book just before the milestone 60th JFKA anniversary is just coincidence?

And he gets national news media coverage for this?

Kudos to his publicity agent.

And so much for SS agents not profiting off the JFKA and their "right there" involvement with it?

Might as well cash out before it's too late?

These nurses who were right there as well never even tried to make a dime off of their "right there" experience and observations.

Same with the JFK and Connally treating doctors from what I can recall except maybe two? Crenshaw for one.

Gotta remember ... Kennedy's assassination was a security breakdown "failure" on the part of the SS and all the other agencies tasked with that responsibility.

We just didn't have the manpower to man the rooftops and secure high building open windows along the parade route.

Not keeping an eye on Lee Harvey Oswald ( employed in a high floor building just above the motorcade route) never entered the security risk individual mind of FBI agent Hosty who's personal assignment was Oswald?

Agent Hosty ( highest priority briefed on JFK security task duties that morning ) is having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner when JFK is shot?

Now THAT's what you call " highest priority and professional" security measures and action duty?

Hosty then "destroys his agency's Oswald file" ( mind boggling ) the day after Oswald was whacked by Jack Ruby?

A sleazy strip joint owner who just sauntered into the hugely guarded DPD basement and was able to then jump within inches of Oswald's unprotected front and blow his guts out?

Wasn't the Oswald FBI file extremely vital and important evidence?

Wouldn't the Warren Commission want to know about and see that file with absolute highest priority urgency?

If Hosty had told them of his Oswald file destruction action in his WC testmony... can you imagine the chaos that would have erupted?

You destroyed your Oswald file? The day after Oswald was killed?

Holy Toledo!

I don't recall that he destroyed the file. My recollection is that he destroyed the note left for him by Oswald telling him to leave Marina alone. 

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

Really? Just because she recalled seeing the stretcher in the hallway and not in the ER when she saw a bullet on it? She came forward with her story in 2013, 10 years ago, and now Landis says he put the rear-seat bullet on JFK's stretcher. That's one heck of a coincidence.

Yes, really. The word within days of the shooting was that a bullet was found on a gurney in the hospital. Over the years, people started saying they saw that bullet, etc. That's to be expected. That's the way we work. 

I did a few years' worth of research on human cognition and memory when I first fell down this rabbit hole. It shocks me that so few have ever followed up on this. Latter-day witnesses just aren't reliable. Period. In this case, Landis has some back-up, in that he said he saw a fragment on the seat 40 years ago, and continued to say it till 10 years ago or so. So it seems probable he saw something. But his latest story? Of waltzing into the emergency room and putting a bullet on JFK's stretcher? With a bunch of doctors gathered around him? And saying nothing to nobody? And keeping this a secret for 60 years? Not likely.

Sadly, it reminds me of Audrey Bell, who even Lifton came to conclude was full of beans. Thirty years on, she coughed up this story about her parading up to Perry in Trauma Room One, and him lifting JFK's head to show her the head wound. Absolute garbage. Total nonsense. Nurses not involved in the treatment of a patient don't walk up to doctors treating the patient and ask about the patient. And doctors most certainly don't move patients around to show off their wounds to looky-loo nurses.  

Edited by Pat Speer

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

I don't recall that he destroyed the file. My recollection is that he destroyed the note left for him by Oswald telling him to leave Marina alone. 

Where have you read where the Warren Commission was ever provided with the Dallas Office's complete Oswald file?

And even if Hosty burned up and flushed down the toilet "any" part of that file and he and his employer purposely kept this evidence destroying action from the WC...it's just as outrageous.

If Oswald left a threatening warning note with their office the Commission would surely want to know about it...yes?

A note like that would incriminate Oswald even more as a violent dangerous person capable of committing just about anything of that nature. Bolstering his image as just the kind of person who would do JFK?

In all the 6 volumes of the final report, is there any mention or summary of the Dallas FBI's file on Oswald?