The Education Forum

A BIG THANKYOU to Tom Scully for confirming my research : Dial Ryder was right opposite the Randles

Tony Krome

Thanks Tony, if its an Argentine Mauser, that is really interesting.

I think most critics put this down the memory hole and think it was the Carcano.

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think most critics put this down the memory hole and think it was the Carcano.

Leaving the controversy of which rifle was determined to be found in the TSBD aside, we know the following;

1. Dial Ryder with the Oswald tag had an Argentine rifle in his memory that he associated with the tag before the assassination.

2. Reiland informed Texas, live on air, one hour after the rifle was found, that it was an Argentine Mauser.

3. The only rifle ever found, in the world, to date (that I'm aware of), after 60 years, that matches the attributes that Roger Craig described after viewing the rifle when it was found, is an Argentine Mauser.

On 11/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, Tony Krome said:

Up to at least Friday, the 13th of December, 1963, Peggie Jo Ryder was living at 2434 West 5th. You have suggested above that Peggie was living with her husband Dial, and I agree. The excerpt below was published on Sunday the 15th of December 1963.

bridge.jpg.838ebd6508972f12d537f54fc9906aa0.jpg

It looks like you’re right Tony. But when did Peggy and Dial marry? Could that W. 5th address be from her driver’s license (reporter getting that from the police report), not updated? But I agree it looks like they both were there.

[Update 11/26/63: Krome has subsequently informed that Peggie and Dial were married in 1959.] 

Edited by Greg Doudna

45 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Leaving the controversy of which rifle was determined to be found in the TSBD aside, we know the following;

1. Dial Ryder with the Oswald tag had an Argentine rifle in his memory that he associated with the tag before the assassination.

2. Reiland informed Texas, live on air, one hour after the rifle was found, that it was an Argentine Mauser.

3. The only rifle ever found, in the world, to date (that I'm aware of), after 60 years, that matches the attributes that Roger Craig described after viewing the rifle when it was found, is an Argentine Mauser.

Those are all really good points Tony.

Especially number three, on which you are correct as David Josephs proved long ago.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:33 PM, Stu Wexler said:

Tom I tried to message you privately through the forum email function.  It would not let me do it.  Could you message me instead? I am very interested in this topic, even more so now.

Stu, did you mean to address this to Tony?

(If Tony already PMed you, never mind.)

On 11/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, James DiEugenio said:

This is from a CBS interview with Dial Ryder on the 28th November 1963 (Thanksgiving Day) at the Irving Sports Shop

Dial Rtder reaches for an Argentine Mauser;

argentine-mauser-cbs.jpg