The Education Forum

Daily Mail and Rob Reiner

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Reiner has been at this since the 1960’s. A newby? So was I when I wrote the trading cards. 
why are most of you so anxious to cast aspersions? 

Paul B-

OK fair point, Reiner is not "fresh off the boat." 

But Tosh Plumlee? That's your lead? 

Then Reiner's discussions and friendly rapport with Brennan and other CIA'ers is unsettling. I suppose you could say, "Who is using who?," but between Reiner and people who careers have involved deception and smoke-screening...I would say Reiner is getting used. 

It looks like the CIA'ers got Reiner coopted, as they told Reiner, "Yeah, Trump is bad." And then, like all intel agencies all through history, they highlighted the threats they knew the audience most wanted to hear about. Reiner is swooning. 

If a basketball player suddenly shows up at Yankee Stadium, and plays shortstop...how well will he do? 

Reiner is like that. Smart guy...but maybe in the wrong league. 

Well, let's see what develops. Asserting there were four gunsels in Dealey Plaza, and then naming them? Is Reiner going to present this as fact, or "reasonable speculation"? Either way looks bad. 

So it goes....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Some good deduction Richard!

I thought I'd mention what I thought was most noteworthy of what Reiner said that I wouldn't expect others to mention.

Jeff Morley does a good job of letting  Reiner talk and Reiner willfully obliges.

I like a lot of Reiner's politics but I do find him sometimes pompous and self righteous. True,  He does rely on his own instincts and his own his group of conspiracy heroes and witnesses that he deems important. But that could be said of this forum as well. I share some of them, and not others.

Ben:Or, Reiner may think the political need to frame a narrative supersedes the need for verifiable truth. That is, the political truth trumps historical truth. 

I knew Reiner's interest in Russiagate would incite jeers. We won't open that can of worms for now..
But if there are people here, Maga or otherwise who still think that members of the CIA know who killed JFK and are desperately seeking to keep that information secret. I would think at least the Maga wing would allege that former CIA director John Brennan 2013-2017 would be one of "the gatekeepers" as Trump , when he took away his security clearance called him "the worst CIA director in history." I don't tend to be a big fan of any CIA Director.

Reiner in his Russia gate investigation accounts having dinner with Brennan and at first doesn't want to bother him with his JFKA notions but Brennan then asks him" So what are you working on". Reiner then tells him, and asks if he ever heard about Richard  Nagle, and Brennan asks him "what do you know about Richard   Nagel?" When Reiner tells him, Brennan's wife asked if he has any problems with Reiner's pursuing the JFKA.  Brennan says no, "it's a good idea to revisit history."
Then  a couple of weeks later Brennan connects Reiner with former  Moscow bureau chief Rolfe Larsen, who also speculates CIA involvement.
Apparently Brennan isn't worried about the JFKA secret getting out and a massive defunding of the CIA!

Ok,I know,  limited hang out now? So I hope we're not saying Brennan and Larsen  positively deliberately mislead Reiner down the wrong path and any answer that doesn't point at Dulles and Angleton is a limited hang out. Larsen just may believe it was a rogue CIA operation. Charles and Ben don't have a problem with it and while part of me may feel a letdown because I cling to a "focus of evil"-  Dulles/ Angleton Grand Slam nailing! I don't have a problem with it either.

But like Ben, after so many people have spent so many years investigating it. The idea that Rob Reiner comes in and cracks the case is a bit hard to swallow!

I am shocked---shocked!---to find out we are largely in agreement. 

• 1 month later...

If you'd like to hear Rob Reiner misrepresent the evidence concerning the events surrounding Lee Harvey Oswald's movements on November 22nd and the "Coke" and the "Lunchroom Encounter", then CLICK HERE to listen to Part 8 of Reiner's 10-part "Who Killed JFK?" podcast.

Anyone who is not familiar with the things that Oswald told the Dallas Police after his arrest, and anybody also unfamiliar with the details concerning the Coca-Cola and Lunchroom Encounter topics, will probably tend to believe the untrue things that Mr. Reiner has uttered in Part 8 of his conspiracy-oriented podcast series, such as when Reiner tells us that Oswald told the police that he was on the second floor of the Book Depository when the President was shot.

But Oswald most certainly did not tell the police he was on the second floor at the precise time of the shooting. He specifically told Dallas Police Homicide Captain J.W. Fritz that he had been eating his lunch on the first floor of the building when JFK's motorcade passed the Depository....

From Captain Fritz' typewritten report:

"I asked him [Lee Oswald] what part of the building he was in at the time the President was shot, and he said that he was having his lunch about that time on the first floor." -- Warren Report; Page 600

In his podcast, Reiner has utilized some sleight-of-hand to try and make his podcast listeners think that Oswald must have been located on the second floor all throughout the key minutes before, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy. Because when Reiner selectively reads this direct quote from the Hosty/Bookhout FBI report that appears on page 613 of the Warren Commission's Final Report....

"[Oswald] went to the second floor where the Coca-Cola machine was located and obtained a bottle of Coca-Cola for his lunch"....

....Mr. Reiner conveniently omitted the very next sentence that is written in that same Hosty/Bookhout report, which is this sentence:

"Oswald claimed to be on the first floor when President John F. Kennedy passed this building." --Warren Report; Page 613

So, as we can see, Oswald's "alibi" wasn't that he was on the second floor when JFK was shot. Oswald claimed he was on the first floor at that time.

In addition, Mr. Reiner's utilization of the wholly unreliable and inconsistent story of Carolyn Arnold is another sign that Reiner's arguments are mighty weak ones, as I discuss HERE.

And Rob Reiner engages in an even bigger and more blatant misrepresentation of the facts when he inaccurately claims that Roy Truly and Marrion Baker saw Lee Oswald "sitting in the lunchroom with a Coke in his hand".

But anyone who knows the true facts relating to the testimony of both Depository Superintendent Roy S. Truly and Dallas Police Officer Marrion L. Baker, knows that Oswald was most definitely not "sitting" when he was seen by Truly and Baker on 11/22/63. He was standing. Plus, neither Truly nor Baker testified that Oswald had a "Coke in his hand".

Mr. Reiner, like many other conspiracy theorists worldwide, has merely accepted as fact the long-ago-debunked myth about Oswald holding a Coke during the lunchroom encounter with Baker and Truly.

Lots of additional facts concerning the Lunchroom Encounter and The Coca-Cola and Oswald's Whereabouts At 12:30 PM On November 22, 1963, sans any speculative conspiratorial spin, can be found at the link below:

DVP's JFK Archives / Index / Lee Harvey Oswald

Edited by David Von Pein