The Education Forum

Question for JFKA Experts

W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

The throat-wound projectile could have been removed during the illicit pre-autopsy surgery identified by Doug Horne. 

The projectile may not have been a bullet but a small fragment of glass from the windshield, as some researchers, including Dr. Mantik, have suggested. 

And this fragment of glass was removed prior to the autopsy?

And this glass fragment left a hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process and an air pocket overlaying the right C7/T1 transverse processes.

The Magic Glass Theory?

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

Dr. Nathan Jacobs pointed out that the Parkland doctors described a laceration of the pharynx and trachea that was larger than the throat wound, indicating that the bullet had traveled from the front of the neck to the back (Sylvia Meagher, Accessories After the Fact, p. 158 n 39).

A fact which accounts for the hairline fracture at T1.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

And heat of the powder burning and the friction of the ice bullet would not melt it or distable it? I started being published in the gun and police mags in 1973 and have written three books on wound ballistics and I've never seen an ice bullet though I've handled and shot a number classified ammunition offerings.

2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

And heat of the powder burning and the friction of the ice bullet would not melt it or distable it? I started being published in the gun and police mags in 1973 and have written three books on wound ballistics and I've never seen an ice bullet though I've handled and shot a number classified ammunition offerings.

Unless you worked for the CIA or US Army Special Forces why would you ever see a blood soluble round?

It’s not like such technology didn’t exist.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/church/reports/vol1/pdf/ChurchV1_6_Senseney.pdf

Edited by Cliff Varnell