The Education Forum

What the WC's handling of Hosty's P. Parade note proves

There is nothing stunningly new or brilliant in this post. But since we all pay a lot of attention to the content of Hosty's P. Parade note, I thought I'd point out what the WC/FBI's handling of the note tells us. (Inspired by a post made by Alan Ford in another thread.)

What the WC's Handling of Hosty's P. Parade Note Proves:

Had the WC been convinced Oswald shot Kennedy from the 6th floor of the TSBD, Oswald could not have ever been found outside in any of the photos or films taken that day. Nor seen outside by any witness.

So it is clear that there would have been no reason for the WC to cover up Oswald's alibi -- of being outside watching the P. Parade -- had the WC been convinced that Oswald was guilty.

Therefore, the WC wasn't convinced of Oswald's guilt.

And in fact, there would have been no reason to cover up Oswald's alibi had the WC been interested in discovering the truth.

Therefore, the WC was determined to make Oswald appear to be the killer, regardless of the truth. And was willing to lie in doing so.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for these thoughts, Mr. Larsen.

I would just add that the cover-up of Mr. Oswald's key claims in custody, and the deletion of his front-steps alibi, happened way before the WC was formed.

BTW-------------in my experience, the most intensely irrational hostility to the 'Oswald-Out-Front' claim comes from CTers clinging for dear life to the beloved second-floor lunchroom story 

Oswald did say to the world press ..."yes I worked in that building..." which pretty much convinced millions of his guilt right then and there.

Speaking of Dallas FBI agent James Hosty...the highest security alert time in his career was when JFK was riding opened limo exposed through his known JFK hating ( Wanted For Treason postered and newspaper ad placement ) extreme right wing and segregationist hometown on 11,22,1963.

And what are his actions in the middle of the motorcade?

He watches it go bye standing on a sidewalk like 100,000 other bystanders, and when JFK is out of sight, he simply saunters into a local diner to have lunch?

Really?

That is highest security alert protocol and behavior?

Edited by Joe Bauer

26 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

I would just add that the cover-up of Mr. Oswald's key claims in custody, and the deletion of his front-steps alibi, happened way before the WC was formed.

The FBI was the primary investigative body of the Warren Commission. So I consider it to be part of the Warren Commission even though it hadn't been named that at the very beginning.

To me, the Warren Commission IS the cover up.

What it comes down to is the following question:

If Mr. Oswald said the things recorded in Agent Hosty's draft interrogation report,

and

If his claimed front steps presence at the time of the P. Parade was quickly determined to be true,

would the 'investigating' authorities have

A!) Honestly informed the world that this man was not the shooter of Pres. Kennedy?

B!) Immediately gone into cover-up overdrive?

Any student of the case who answered A! needs to find a new hobby.

10 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

... would the 'investigating' authorities have

A!) Honestly informed the world that this man was not the shooter of Pres. Kennedy?

B!) Immediately gone into cover-up overdrive?

If there was any difficulty in the Johnson Administration's decision on that, Oswald's death certainly alleviated that.

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

If there was any difficulty in the Johnson Administration's decision on that, Oswald's death certainly alleviated that.

There was absolutely no way Mr. Oswald's case could be allowed make it to trial

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

There is nothing stunningly new or brilliant in this post. But since we all pay a lot of attention to the content of Hosty's P. Parade note, I thought I'd point out what the WC/FBI's handling of the note tells us. (Inspired by a post made by Alan Ford in another thread.)

What the WC's Handling of Hosty's P. Parade Note Proves:

Had the WC been convinced Oswald shot Kennedy from the 6th floor of the TSBD, Oswald could not have ever been found outside in any of the photos or films taken that day. Nor seen outside by any witness.

So it is clear that there would have been no reason for the WC to cover up Oswald's alibi -- of being outside watching the P. Parade -- had the WC been convinced that Oswald was guilty.

Therefore, the WC wasn't convinced of Oswald's guilt.

And in fact, there would have been no reason to cover up Oswald's alibi had the WC been interested in discovering the truth.

Therefore, the WC was determined to make Oswald appear to be the killer, regardless of the truth. And was willing to lie in doing so.

The Hosty report was in fact a draft of a report that was never submitted to the FBI or Warren Commission. As Oswald had never claimed he was outside, of course, there was no alibi for the Warren Commission to suppress. 

I would agree, however, that the WC would have found a way to suppress such an alibi if one should have surfaced. By their own admission, Oswald told his interrogators that he saw Jarman and Norman when he was in the break room, and sure enough, Jarman and Norman confirmed that they entered the back of the building and walked right past the entrance to the break room shortly before the shooting. This was not proof of Oswald's innocence, but was clear evidence Oswald did in fact come down for lunch. And yet the WC pretended Oswald never came down for lunch and spent his lunch time on the sixth floor preparing to shoot the President. 

Edited by Pat Speer

28 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

As Oswald had never claimed he was outside, of course [...]

Mr. Speer, I sincerely admire so much of the work you have done, so I say this without any personal snark: the level of reality-denial in what you have written above takes the breath away. I mean, it's Von Pein-level stuff.

Hosty-parade-crop.jpg

Edited by Alan Ford

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

And what are his actions in the middle of the motorcade?

He watches it go bye standing on a sidewalk like 100,000 other bystanders, and when JFK is out of sight, he simply saunters into a local diner to have lunch?

Really?

Joe,

I don't much like James Hosty, but in all fairness, the FBI had no role to play in motorcade security.

If my memory serves me right, Hosty was meeting with Military Intelligence Agent, Ed Coyle and I think A5F Agent, Frank Ellsworth to discuss the recent arms theft from the National Guard Armory in Terrell, TX.

You can read discussions of the theft and the arrest of Lawrence Miller and Donnell Whitter for theft here in 2004 and again in 2010:

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:
2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

The Hosty report was in fact a draft of a report that was never submitted to the FBI or Warren Commission. 

Exactly!

How do you guys know that Hosty's comment about Oswald going out to watch the P. Parade was never submitted to the FBI?

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Joe. I don't much like James Hosty, but in all fairness, the FBI had no role to play in motorcade security.

No role?

In hindsight you think maybe they should have?

Considering the worst-case security failure in American history?

I also wonder what Hosty and his crew thought when Oswald was gunned down right inside of the Dallas police station?

Gee...you see that?

No professional criticism at all directed at the Dallas PD?

They had our main suspect right in the palm of their hand.

Ah, but it gave Hosty's boss Gordon Shanklin this great excuse to order Hosty to destroy the Oswald file.

Well, he's dead now. Hosty get rid of this.

But boss, isn't that destruction of evidence?

Hosty...just do what I said ... okay?

Edited by Joe Bauer