The Education Forum

Days before Dallas.

The Milteer threat was reported to both the FBI...who did investigate the individuals named in the tape recording... and it was reported to the Secret Service. Because Washington DC had been mentioned in the conversation, the Secret Service logged it in their PRS file for Washington.  And because of their practices at the time, they reportedly only pulled threats logged for the city/cities visited on a particular trip for special attention - which means it was not pulled at all as a threat related to the Texas trip. 

And even though they did have a credible threat report related to the same ultra right group (the NSRP/to which the individuals mentioned by Milteer were related) for San Antonio, they responded to that there, but did not specifically translate it to Dallas either.

That sounds incredibly incompetent, but it appears that their practices of the time did not consider mobile threats.  On the other hand since the related SS travel files for that period appear to have been destroyed, we can't be totally sure of that.

Edited by Larry Hancock

7 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

That sounds incredibly incompetent, but it appears that their practices of the time did not consider mobile threats.  On the other hand since the related SS travel files for that period appear to have been destroyed, we can't be totally sure of that.

Edited 7 hours ago by Larry Hancock

The SS and FBI should have been all over Milteer continuously from the day they listened to the Miami tape where he told National States Rights informant William Somersette that an attempt on JFK's life was "in the workings."

With Milteer even detailing the MO of the attempt..."with a high powered rifle from an office building " and how the police would be thrown off track with a duped patsy picked up within hours as the guilty party.

Milteer laid out to Somersette the exact scene that took place in Dallas just two weeks later!

Either Milteer was just uncannily lucky in a coincidental way, highly psychic or... he really did know "the plan" imo.

My common sense tells me Milteer and his detailed threat against JFK might have been the most serious threat against JFK in the nation at that time. Top of the SS and FBI list!

Milteer was a super aggressive, dangerous, serious minded racist provocateur, who was quite wealthy and the FBI knew he had been traveling out-of-state lines and involved in some really serious racially motivated crimes. A known and provenly dangerous character and who hated JFK with a rabid murderous wishing degree. The FBI knew this totally.

After the Miami tape, to not be all over this guy24/7 until JFK's election campaign tour was finished and JFK was safely back in DC was so illogical it was highly suspect.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Courtesy of Vince Palamara. Don Adams directly investigated Milteer right after the Miami threat. He was stunned JFK was assassinated just as Milteer foreshadowed. I am sure many have seen this. Hopefully a few haven't and it provides some insight.

There is the Joseph Milteer threat ... and then there is what actually happened to JFK and where it happened. Flying back to Washingon, D.C from Florida with JFK on Nov. 18, 1963 was his good friend Sen. George Smathers who also had been a good friend of Lyndon Johnson. JFK did not really want to go to Texas (because the Kennedys were AT THAT MOMENT doing everything they could to destroy Lyndon Johnson with coordinated media exposes and an RFK-fed Senate Rules Committee investigation into Lyndon Johnson's spectacular corruption. LBJ was acutely aware of all of this.

JFK mentioned something very weird to Sen. Smathers: THAT LYNDON JOHNSON WANTED JACKIE TO RIDE IN HIS CAR WHEN THEY MOTORCADED IN TEXAS. I wonder why LBJ would say something like that ....

Lyndon Johnson wanted Jackie to ride in his car in the Texas motorcades. Source George Smathers who conversed with JFK on Air Force One on the flight back from Florida on Monday, Nov. 18, 1963

On Monday, Kennedy returned to Washington on Air Force One. His back hurt. Lying on his stateroom bed, he summoned George Smathers from the front of the plane: “God, I wish you could think of some way of getting me out of going to Texas…. Look how screwed up it’s going to be. You’ve got Lyndon, who is insisting that Jackie ride with him. You’ve got Ralph Yarborough, who hates Lyndon, and Johnson doesn’t want Yarborough with him. Connally is the Governor.

“They are all prima donnas of the biggest order, and they’re all insisting that they either ride with me or Jackie. The law says the Vice President can’t ride with the President. I’ve got to start off my speech saying what a fine guy Johnson is, what a fine guy Connally is, and then Yarborough, and they all don’t like each other. I just wish to hell I didn’t have to go. Can’t you think of some emergency we could have?”

UNQUOTE

[Michael Beschloss, The Crisis Years: Kennedy and Khrushchev 1960-1963, pp. 665-666]

Michael Beschloss on LBJ: “intense, tightly-wired, driven and suspicious”

Dec. 9, 2022 Tweet:  https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1601281027338534912 

Edited by Robert Morrow

3 hours ago, Dave Chrisman said:

Courtesy of Vince Palamara. Don Adams directly investigated Milteer right after the Miami threat. He was stunned JFK was assassinated just as Milteer foreshadowed. I am sure many have seen this. Hopefully a few haven't and it provides some insight.

Exactly DC.

And you have me with your "smoking barbecue on your Webber" hobby interest skills. I can taste your mouth watering delicious cooking's right now! 

Milter should have been on the highest level of the most serious JFK threat scale. That Miami tape so shook up the Mimi police department they cancelled JFK's motorcade to the stadium that weekend.

The Miami police department acted more responsibly than the SS and FBI in that area of presidential protection.

21 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

The Milteer threat was reported to both the FBI...who did investigate the individuals named in the tape recording... and it was reported to the Secret Service. Because Washington DC had been mentioned in the conversation, the Secret Service logged it in their PRS file for Washington.  And because of their practices at the time, they reportedly only pulled threats logged for the city/cities visited on a particular trip for special attention - which means it was not pulled at all as a threat related to the Texas trip. 

And even though they did have a credible threat report related to the same ultra right group (the NSRP/to which the individuals mentioned by Milteer were related) for San Antonio, they responded to that there, but did not specifically translate it to Dallas either.

The FBI and SS's inaction in response to the Milter threat tape relative to the Miami Police one is simply not defensible imo. The excuse that the SS just didn't translate that threat to Dallas is patently absurd, ludicrous and totally illogical.

Dallas was ground central home to the most rabid and powerful JFK hating groups and individuals in the entire country at that time. The most extreme commie threat promoting ( JFK was a the most targeted commie threat to them ) right wing groups ( JBS and Minute Men ) organized and financed by the world's wealthiest men-Texas oil, General Walker whom JFK and RFK had involuntarily committed to a mental ward, KKK rampant in the city's police department and probably other departments, EXTREME JFK hating Mafia Don Carlos Marcello controlling Dallas through his lieutenant Joe Civello, and even a hot-headed ex-patriot Cuban JFK BOP blaming community, JFK and RFK hating LBJ and Texas's corrupt political machine ...  hence, Dallas just wasn't the threat potential of San Antonio ? ...  Please.

Edited by Joe Bauer

16 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Exactly DC.

And you have me with your "smoking barbecue on your Webber" hobby interest skills. I can taste your mouth watering delicious cooking's right now! 

Milter should have been on the highest level of the most serious JFK threat scale. That Miami tape so shook up the Mimi police department they cancelled JFK's motorcade to the stadium that weekend.

The Miami police department acted more responsibly than the SS and FBI in that area of presidential protection.

Agreed Joe. The Chicago & Miami threats, and the Milteer recording, only a few weeks prior was plenty to put any city on high alert for maximum security efforts.

Now, you bring me some California pleasant weather and I will have the BBQ waiting for you. 😉