The Education Forum

Quick (hopefully) Technical Question

I want to start a  new thread that will require my posting a bunch of images. However, I seem to have used up my allotted bandwidth for posting images. So my question is this:

Is there a way to quickly find my past postings and delete images I posted there in order to free up the bandwidth I need? I am more than happy to leave the texts of my posts for historical purposes, or so researchers can contact me about the things I've said, but I need the image bandwidth. Some of my posts with images are probably years old, thus making them hard to find.

(The JFK Assassination debate necessarily involves more image-heavy discussions than other forum topics, so I would encourage an increase in image bandwidth allotment for JFKA Debate users, but of course that is out of my hands. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the forum's existence.)

Any advice?

1 hour ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

I want to start a  new thread that will require my posting a bunch of images. However, I seem to have used up my allotted bandwidth for posting images. So my question is this:

Is there a way to quickly find my past postings and delete images I posted there in order to free up the bandwidth I need? I am more than happy to leave the texts of my posts for historical purposes, or so researchers can contact me about the things I've said, but I need the image bandwidth. Some of my posts with images are probably years old, thus making them hard to find.

(The JFK Assassination debate necessarily involves more image-heavy discussions than other forum topics, so I would encourage an increase in image bandwidth allotment for JFKA Debate users, but of course that is out of my hands. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the forum's existence.)

Any advice?

If you click on your name in the right corner above, by your photo, a list will scroll down. One of the items on this list is Attachments. If you click on that you can then see which attachments are the largest, and then go back to the threads in which they have been added and remove them. 

Thanks for the tips, y'all.

@Sandy Larsen Sandy, there is one image I posted in 2020, located here:

I can't edit that post to delete that ridiculous, large image (3.25 MB). That thread is pinned and locked. Any chance someone could delete that thing for me?

7 minutes ago, George Govus said:

I can't edit that post to delete that ridiculous, large image (3.25 MB). That thread is pinned and locked. Any chance someone could delete that thing for me?

It should be gone now, George. (Or you should be able to delete it from you attachment space.)

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, I learned from you. Despite our disagreements, you are a smart guy. 

Thank you, but I probably learned it from a smarter guy.