The Education Forum

The truth of Ruth

Previously, I brought up how odd Ruth’s actions were.  For example, she chose to shop rather than see the president- interestingly Ruby wanted nothing of Dealey plaza either.   Someone defended her by saying there were two book depositories and it was claimed as a defense that Ruth did not know which one LHO worked at prior to the assassination. I felt this defense stunk and did not comport with my recollection  of the documents.  
For many reasons this is important.  Namely, why she did not go down to the parade with Marina and children?   Well, here is the proof showing the “Ruth didn’t know” defense is garbage.  She knew WEEKS BEFORE the assassination where he worked.  The copies destroyed part was good too👍
https://ncisahistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/OSWALD-LEE-H-Verification-of-employment-at-Texas-School-Book-Depository-Nov-4-1963.pdf

This is very interesting Cory.  It's directed to Hoover (Director), from SAC Dallas, a report from SA Kaack of New Orleans, about Ruth informing the FBI on 11/1/1963 that Oswald was working at the Texas School Book Depository.  I don't doubt the authenticity, but why the convoluted routing?  Ruth was conversing with SA Barwell Odum and I think SA James Hosty somewhere around this time.  In any case Ruth told the FBI Oswald was in place at the TSBD three weeks before the assassination.

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Well, here is the proof showing the “Ruth didn’t know” defense is garbage.  She knew WEEKS BEFORE the assassination where he [LHO] worked.  

Yes, of course Ruth Paine knew, weeks prior to the assassination, that Lee Oswald worked at the TSBD. She was made aware of that fact  on the very same day he was hired there (October 15th):

ALBERT JENNER -- "Did you hear from him [Lee Oswald] then either on the 14th or 15th [of October] in respect to his effort to obtaining employment at the Texas School Depository?"
RUTH PAINE -- "He called immediately on Tuesday, the 15th, after he had been accepted and said he would start work the next day."

But until Nov. 22, Ruth was not fully aware that there were two different TSBD buildings in downtown Dallas. And the explanation she gave to the Warren Commission concerning this matter (seen below) is a perfectly logical and reasonable and (IMO) believable explanation. But many conspiracy theorists who have a burning desire to drag Mrs. Paine through the mud and into an assassination plot of some kind obviously don't think this testimony given by Ruth is the slightest bit believable or credible at all:

ALBERT JENNER -- "I heard you mention the Texas School Depository warehouse. Did you think the warehouse was at 411 Elm?"

RUTH PAINE -- "No. I had seen a sign on a building as I went along one of the limited access highways that leads into Dallas, saying "Texas School Book Depository Warehouse" and there was the only building that had registered on my consciousness as being Texas School Book Depository. I was not aware, hadn't taken in the idea of there being two buildings and that there was one on Elm, though, I copied the address from the telephone book, and could well have made that notation in my mind but I didn't. The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November that a shot had been fired from such a building."

--------------------------

Repeating something I wrote on July 25, 2022:

I think it's important to keep in mind that the Depository warehouse building on Houston Street that Ruth saw while driving on Stemmons was located very near Elm Street. It was only---what?---two blocks north on Houston. So the two TSBD buildings were, indeed, very close to one another.

Given that fact, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for someone casually driving on Stemmons to think that the "warehouse" building on Houston was located on Elm (or vice versa). Was Ruth supposed to keep track of all Dallas streets at all times and where things were located on those streets? Why would she have cared what street that warehouse she saw was on? And why would she have needed to commit such knowledge to memory? It didn't make any difference to her what street that TSBD warehouse was located on.

The conspiracy theorists who think that Ruth Paine was involved in a scheme to plant Lee Oswald in the TSBD on Elm Street must think otherwise, of course. But I'm not wired with "Conspiracy" circuitry. So it's my view that the "Elm Street" address that Ruth did, indeed, write down in her address book (and see in the phone book) meant very little to her at all. And therefore there was no reason for her to concentrate on that address at all after jotting it down in her address book or seeing it in print in the telephone book. And, in fact, she pretty much told us that very thing in the above testimony.

Lots More:

Defending-Ruth-Paine-Logo.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

For example, she chose to shop rather than see the president- interestingly Ruby wanted nothing of Dealey plaza either.

Look at the Tippit scene, lots of witnesses hanging around that scene with no interest in going to see the motorcade.

You did bring this up before Cory.

2 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

For example, she chose to shop rather than see the president- interestingly Ruby wanted nothing of Dealey plaza either.  

Of course, why wasn't everybody in Dallas there?

Cory:  Namely, why she did not go down to the parade with Marina and children?

Do you have kids Cory?  Ruth Paine had 2 kids 4 and 2. Marina had 2 kids, one kid was 1 and a half, and one daughter was one month old!

I assume if you had kids, that question wouldn't be such a mystery.

37 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

You did bring this up before Cory.

Of course, why wasn't everybody in Dallas there?

Cory:  Namely, why she did not go down to the parade with Marina and children?

Do you have kids Cory?  Ruth Paine had 2 kids 4 and 2. Marina had 2 kids, one kid was 1 and a half, and one daughter was one month old!

I assume if you had kids, that question wouldn't be such a mystery.

Lol.  Cliff educate the man.  Kirk all you have to do is go to Google.  

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Yes, of course Ruth Paine knew, weeks prior to the assassination, that Lee Oswald worked at the TSBD. She was made aware of that fact  on the very same day he was hired there (October 15th):

ALBERT JENNER -- "Did you hear from him [Lee Oswald] then either on the 14th or 15th [of October] in respect to his effort to obtaining employment at the Texas School Depository?"
RUTH PAINE -- "He called immediately on Tuesday, the 15th, after he had been accepted and said he would start work the next day."

But until Nov. 22, Ruth was not fully aware that there were two different TSBD buildings in downtown Dallas. And the explanation she gave to the Warren Commission concerning this matter (seen below) is a perfectly logical and reasonable and (IMO) believable explanation. But many conspiracy theorists who have a burning desire to drag Mrs. Paine through the mud and into an assassination plot of some kind obviously don't think this testimony given by Ruth is the slightest bit believable or credible at all:

ALBERT JENNER -- "I heard you mention the Texas School Depository warehouse. Did you think the warehouse was at 411 Elm?"

RUTH PAINE -- "No. I had seen a sign on a building as I went along one of the limited access highways that leads into Dallas, saying "Texas School Book Depository Warehouse" and there was the only building that had registered on my consciousness as being Texas School Book Depository. I was not aware, hadn't taken in the idea of there being two buildings and that there was one on Elm, though, I copied the address from the telephone book, and could well have made that notation in my mind but I didn't. The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November that a shot had been fired from such a building."

--------------------------

Repeating something I wrote on July 25, 2022:

I think it's important to keep in mind that the Depository warehouse building on Houston Street that Ruth saw while driving on Stemmons was located very near Elm Street. It was only---what?---two blocks north on Houston. So the two TSBD buildings were, indeed, very close to one another.

Given that fact, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for someone casually driving on Stemmons to think that the "warehouse" building on Houston was located on Elm (or vice versa). Was Ruth supposed to keep track of all Dallas streets at all times and where things were located on those streets? Why would she have cared what street that warehouse she saw was on? And why would she have needed to commit such knowledge to memory? It didn't make any difference to her what street that TSBD warehouse was located on.

The conspiracy theorists who think that Ruth Paine was involved in a scheme to plant Lee Oswald in the TSBD on Elm Street must think otherwise, of course. But I'm not wired with "Conspiracy" circuitry. So it's my view that the "Elm Street" address that Ruth did, indeed, write down in her address book (and see in the phone book) meant very little to her at all. And therefore there was no reason for her to concentrate on that address at all after jotting it down in her address book or seeing it in print in the telephone book. And, in fact, she pretty much told us that very thing in the above testimony.

Lots More:

Defending-Ruth-Paine-Logo.jpg

DVP you proved nothing.  You clearly failed to read that which I actually posted.  You also failed to read the document I linked.  She told the location on Elm.  She knew.  Sorry.   Your defense fails and you cannot refute this proof.  You might want to update your little link.  

Don't be coy. So you got 4 kids under 4, and one of them is a month old,  and your wife loves to take them to parades?

Well you're not typical.

You are not walking this back DVP unless you are saying there are forged government documents.  Are you suggesting that?  She knew the address before.   
The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November that a shot had been fired from such a building."

Just now, Kirk Gallaway said:

Don't be coy. So you got 4 kids under 4, and one of them is a month old,  and your wife loves to take them to parades?

Well you're not typical.

Kirk.  You and I see things differently.  When I examine a persons credibility one thing I look for is consistency of action considering the person’s background.   Do you not think she knew the parade route?   Did she not read the paper?

Cory, in your honor, maybe we should change the name of  this thread to "Sleuth of Ruth"       heh heh     You know I like you.

Ok, Let's focus, and wrap this up. I don't need diversions about Cliff, and .Imdb, and this has nothing to do with whether Ruth knew the parade route. You asked this. 

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Namely, why she did not go down to the parade with Marina and children?

And I answered one of several reasons that haven't already been given, that is they are 2 women with 4 children under 4 and may not like the prospect of minding them in big crowds. If you don't understand that answer, my guess is that married with children in Cory's life could be a very rude awakening!

You might skip it!

heh heh

24 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Kirk.  You and I see things differently.  When I examine a persons credibility one thing I look for is consistency of action considering the person’s background.   Do you not think she knew the parade route?   Did she not read the paper?

It's possible that Paine did not know the Elm Street address, and that the FBI determined that and that's why it is in their report. Ruth probably knows more than she has let on, but pinning her down is difficult.

59 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

You are not walking this back DVP unless you are saying there are forged government documents.  Are you suggesting that?  She knew the address before.   
The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November that a shot had been fired from such a building."

Of course the 11/4/63 FBI Airtel isn't forged. But Ruth's explanation is entirely reasonable and is not inconsistent in the slightest way with the Nov. 4 Airtel.

What part of this sentence uttered by Ruth Paine don't you understand, Cory? .....

"I was not aware, hadn't taken in the idea of there being two buildings and that there was one on Elm, though I copied the address from the telephone book, and could well have made that notation in my mind but I didn't."

Edited by David Von Pein