The Education Forum

Oswald Acted Alone Is The Most Popular Theory

Let's say that 65% of the public believe Kennedy was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy and 35% believe Oswald acted alone.

Let's say of the 65%, there are a dozen different conspiracy theories. Splitting it up evenly and we have each of the dozen conspiracy theories taking up about 5% to 6% of those polled.

Now, we have the idea that Oswald acted alone taking up 35% of those polled.

Therefore, the idea that Oswald acted alone is the most popular theory.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

Therefore, the idea that Oswald acted alone is the most popular theory

So according to Bill Brown, if 65% of people believe Oswald didn’t act alone, the most popular theory is that Oswald acted alone. Let that sink in for a minute. 

35 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

Let's say that 65% of the public believe Kennedy was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy and 35% believe Oswald acted alone.

Let's say of the 65%, there are a dozen different conspiracy theories. Splitting it up evenly and we have each of the dozen conspiracy theories taking up about 5% to 6% of those polled.

Now, we have the idea that Oswald acted alone taking up 35% of those polled.

Therefore, the idea that Oswald acted alone is the most popular theory.

Let's say of the 65%, there is one very popular theory that takes up 36% ? 

3 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

Let's say of the 65%, there is one very popular theory that takes up 36% ? 

I understand your point but that's definitely NOT the case.

Unless you'd like to put forth a conspiracy theory that one-third of the public believes.

It’s not a matter of belief. It’s a matter of contradictions to the official account.

How did shots 2 and 3 sound so close together, as noticed by many observers regardless of where they thought the shots came from as to be too rapid to have been fired from the rifle in question based on the tests conducted by CBS in 1967.

Why did a meticulous recreation of the single bullet shot conducted by the Discovery Channel leave an exit wound in JFK’s chest rather than throat as was indicated in the autopsy photographs?

How did Oswald get to encounter Tippit when he did (even by the official time of 1:15) when it would have required Oswald to walk a quarter to perhaps a third of a mile beyond and back to jibe with eyewitness accounts, which would add a minimum of 4 minutes to the travel time? Here, I would have to concede the possibility that Oswald could have been picked up by an unwitting motorist.

I don’t dispute that Oswald was involved, and that most of the conspiracy theories are nonsense.

Edited by Kevin Balch

1 hour ago, Bill Brown said:

Unless you'd like to put forth a conspiracy theory that one-third of the public believes.

The Oswald-alone scenario could be split up as well, not?  Like depending what one believes LHO´s motive was? 

2 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

So according to Bill Brown, if 65% of people believe Oswald didn’t act alone, the most popular theory is that Oswald acted alone. Let that sink in for a minute. 

Can "Oswald didn't act alone" be considered a proper theory? Sounds pretty vague.

Edited by Mark Ulrik

1 hour ago, Bill Brown said:

Depends to what degree you want there to be a consensus.

"Rogue elements within government agencies" could go a long way (versus "LHO did it" by himself)

43 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Not interested in popularity polls. As John Lennon sang "just give me some truth."

Hah I responded accidentally when I was reading but because I can't delete my automatic reply, I'll ask what is the sample size of this poll?

Edited by Joseph Borelli

3 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Clever response!

And true.

21 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Clever response!

And true.

Believing a theory (Oswald acted alone) to be false is in itself a theory?

I think their is a good point made by the thread starter. Failure to reach consensus has been the enemy of getting to the truth:

1. We need a broad consensus view . I propose ' The CIA have culpability in the murder of JFK' 

2. Once the CIA are forced to honestly engage with this charge a fuller truth may emerge.

3. Rebuttal of fringe theories is immensely difficult as the evidence is so tarnished. There is some supporting evidence for EVERY plausible theory.

12 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Believing a theory (Oswald acted alone) to be false is in itself a theory?

Yes, because

False ("Oswald acted alone") = ("Oswald acted with others") = ("Oswald acted in a conspiracy")

where False is the inverse logical operator (same as Not).

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yes, because

False ("Oswald acted alone") = ("Oswald acted with others") = ("Oswald acted in a conspiracy")

where False is the inverse logical operator (same as Not).

Oswald being involved in a conspiracy (a completely incomplete theory, by the way) is one of the more popular conspiracy theories but it pales in comparison to the Oswald acted alone theory, probably something like 15% for Oswald being involved (just my guess) versus the aforementioned 35% for Oswald alone.

Edited by Bill Brown