The Education Forum

Lillian Zapruder as the Babuska Lady?

This has probably been brought up before, and forgive me I’m a novice, but I read comment on a YouTube video in which someone mentioned that Abraham Zapruder’s wife Lillian Shapovnick may have been the Babushka Lady.  I did a little bit of image searching on google and the resemblance is pretty close.  Just want to know what you all think.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mike Aitken said:

IMG_0119.jpeg

I'd say there is some resemblance, but my understanding is that the lady with the sunglasses is not the same 'Babushka Lady' as seen in the Zapruder film and other images. Apologies if I'm wrong on this and I'm more than happy to be corrected.

1 minute ago, Ben Green said:

I'd say there is some resemblance, but my understanding is that the lady with the sunglasses is not the same 'Babushka Lady' as seen in the Zapruder film and other images. Apologies if I'm wrong on this and I'm more than happy to be corrected.

This may be true, but I can say with a lot of confidence that the babushka lady is definitely not Beverly Oliver.

On the other hand, the cheeks, nose, and lump on the nose seem to fit in these images.  Who knows.

7 minutes ago, Ben Green said:

Just re-read your comment and if that woman in the photo isn’t the same, my apologies.

Does anyone know the source f the image with the woman with the sunglasses on?

48 minutes ago, Mike Aitken said:

This may be true, but I can say with a lot of confidence that the babushka lady is definitely not Beverly Oliver.

On the other hand, the cheeks, nose, and lump on the nose seem to fit in these images.  Who knows.

For the record, personally, I don't believe Beverly Oliver is the Babushka Lady either.

Posted (edited)

I dunno, Mike.

But, the person with the sunglasses looks like, not only Lillian, but the cat who swallowed the canary.

I do have trouble imagining Lillian's hair going quietly into that headscarf.

Edited by George Govus
clarity

2 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Why do you say that? I thought it had been pretty clear much decided that she was Beverly Oliver. 

5 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

Why do you say that? I thought it had been pretty clear much decided that she was Beverly Oliver. 

Just my opinion but I don’t think Beverly Oliver looks anything like the babushka lady.  The babushka lady also appears to be much older, possibly in her fifties or sixties.

IMG_0121.jpeg