The Education Forum

LAPD Tests Confirmed Near Point-Blank Shot on RFK1

Most JFKA and RFK1A junkies know that Los Angeles Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner Thomas Noguchi's autopsy found that RFK1 had been shot a very close range, evidently from behind. Noguchi found powder burns near RFK1's ear and performed experiments, and found such burns indicated a near point-blank shot. 

RFK1 was assassinated in L.A. on June 5, 1968. 

But the LAPD also had strong reason to conclude RFK1's assassin had shot at very close range. 

On July 8, the LAPD Lt. DW Mann filed a report with this paragraph in it: "A Walker's H-acid test was conducted on Senator Kennedy's suit coat in the area of the entrance wounds. This test indicated that the muzzle of the weapon was held at a distance  between one and two inches from the coat at the time of all firings." 

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Meagher Sylvia Folders/Stone Greg 1988/Stone 1988 15.pdf

As widely noted, multiple witnesses concur that Sirhan was one to two yards from RFK at the time of shooting, and even his outstretched arm was never closer than 18 inches, and that was a minimum. 

What to make of this? Both the LAPD and Noguchi conducted different types of tests and concluded RFK1 had been shot at nearly point-blank range, and yet no one saw Sirhan close enough to deliver such a shot. 

So, what is the rest of the story? 

That an armed guard behind RFK fired at least two shots at point blank range.

Just now, Denny Zartman said:

I guess we've all run out of things to discuss regarding JFK's assassination, huh?

Yeah, Ben is on an RFK roll lately-- starting four old "news" RFK threads in less than a week.

At least Ben has finally discovered Lisa Pease's book, A Lie Too Big to Fail.

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yeah, Ben is on an RFK roll lately-- starting four old "news" RFK threads in less than a week.

At least Ben has finally discovered Lisa Pease's book, A Lie Too Big to Fail.

I guess Mr. Cole got everyone to agree on another thread that the two assassinations are linked, so it's now open season on RFKA discussion here.

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

As it should be imo.

Joe Bauer-

Thanks for your collegial comments. 

I felt compelled to present some original research on the RFK1A, and that is the separate LAPD finding---which underlines the finding of the autopsy---that RFK1 was shot at very close range. The LAPD finding involved a wholly different type of test, and came to same conclusion.

Yet no one has ever heard of the LAPD finding. 

Then, somehow, the government investigations and the conclusion of the Sirhan trial was that Sirhan acted alone, likely a physical impossibility. 

This strongly suggests a government cover-up. 

Yes, I am fleshing out the idea that the JFK and the RFK1 are linked, that only an organization with resources and staying power could flummox two high profile investigations, five years apart, in different jurisdictions. 

In other words, the RFK1A suggests not the Russians, or Mob, or Cuban government. (The Mob may have been a cat's paw in elements of both the JFK and RFK1, but not the true power). 

10 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

That an armed guard behind RFK fired at least two shots at point blank range.

PB---

Thanks for your collegial comment.

I concur with you. 

I felt compelled to present additional evidence, found through original research, that RFK1 was shot at close range. 

Thanks Ben - I had not seen that evidence you posted before. 

In A Lie Too Big to Fail, Lisa Pease discussed Noguchi's forensic evidence that RFK was shot behind the ear at point-blank range in considerable detail, and the cover-up of the murder conspiracy by the LAPD.

LA journalist Fernando Faura's 2016 book about the RFK assassination, The Polka Dot File, also contains a wealth of firsthand witness testimony about RFK's assassination from the summer of '68.  Faura documents very clearly how the FBI and LAPD systematically suppressed and lied about the obvious evidence of a conspiracy.

The cover up wasn't even subtle.  The two lead LAPD "investigators," Pena and Hernandez, were cops who had been working for the CIA (AID program) before being recalled to LA to manage the RFK assassination cover up.

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks Ben - I had not seen that evidence you posted before. 

PB--thanks again for your comments.

Yes, the LAPD's tests on RFK1's clothing seem to have disappeared between the cracks. 

No doubt Noguchi ran an earnest and skilled autopsy. Nevertheless, just one type of test by one expert...well, doubts can exist, in this case or any case.

The LAPD test was an entirely different type of examination and procedure, by another party---and came to the same conclusion: RFK1 was shot at nearly point-blank range. 

If one says, "Well each test is likely accurate at 10-to-1 odds," then we reach the 100-to-1 odds level that RFK1 was indeed shot at vert close range. 

To give Lisa Pease her due, perhaps she acknowledges the separate LAPD test in her excellent volume, and she has 850 footnotes in that book, and who knows what is contained therein. It has been a while since I read her book. 

I recall that Noguchi, aware of the importance of this autopsy, invited several other top pathologists to monitor his autopsy. He also got fired shortly thereafter and had to go to court to get his job back.