The Education Forum

JFKA: Maher, NPR, Wikipedia, the CIA and the JFKA

JFKA: The NPR, Wikipedia, the CIA and the JFKA.

Did you ever listen to a high-quality show on NPR about the JKFA? I have not. Stay tuned for a transcript of NPR's 60th-anniversary story on the JFKA, at the bottom of this post. It is a major P.U. 

So, who runs NPR?

Well, Katherine Maher in early 2024 became NPR's CEO and president after a long career in "international development and digital advocacy." 

OK, not guilty yet, but antennae up.

The US AID program and international development have long been intel-state covers. And "digital advocacy" is rapidly becoming Orwellian language for "government censorship."

In her past, Maher had worked at the World Bank, and had an internship at the Council of Foreign Relations. She also worked for bank-giant HSBC. Not looking good for Maher, but keep an open mind. 

Then, of interest, "Maher was chief communications officer of the Wikimedia Foundation from April 2014 to March 2016. She became interim executive director in March 2016 following the resignation of executive director Lila Tretikov and was appointed executive director on June 23, 2016; the position was subsequently retitled as "executive director and CEO". Maher stepped down from her positions as CEO and executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation on April 15, 2021."---Wikipedia.

As you might guess from the name, Wikimedia is affiliated with Wikipedia. Basically, Wikimedia controls Wikipedia. 

The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., abbreviated WMF, is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in San Francisco, California, and registered there as a charitable foundation.[5] It is the host of Wikipedia.

---30---

Larry Sanger co-founded Wikipedia in 2001, but now says the site has  often become a government mouthpiece. 

Below are parts of an interview of Sanger. 

https://www.city-journal.org/article/wikipedia-co-founder-shocked-by-npr-chief-katherine-maher

I (Chris Rufo) reached out to Sanger following the revelation, from my original reporting, that former Wikimedia Foundation CEO Katherine Maher, who is now CEO of NPR, had explicitly rejected the principles of a “free and open” Internet, collaborated with government officials to censor dissent, and spurned the concept of objective truth altogether.

In another (video) clip, Maher says explicitly that she worked with governments to suppress “misinformation” on Wikipedia.

Sanger: Yes, but how did she do that in the Wikipedia system? Because I don’t understand it myself. We know that there is a lot of backchannel communication and I think it has to be the case that the Wikimedia Foundation now, probably governments, probably the CIA, have accounts that they control, in which they actually exert their influence.

Rufo: I’ve talked with some reporters who cover “misinformation” and they have noted that Katherine Maher has ties to multiple NGOs that are deeply connected to U.S. intelligence services.

Rufo: In your opinion, what should happen at NPR, given what we now know about its new CEO?

Sanger: If NPR wanted to prove that they were still committed to free speech, to being ideologically neutral, and simply nonpartisan, they would let her go right away.

JFKA commentator Mark Groubert said a US intel service has "two quonset huts of guys" working on Wikipedia entries, but Groubert is inclined to colorful and glib commentary. But...what Groubert says could be true and a lot more. Many in the JFKA research community regard the Wikipedia sections on the 1960s assassinations as government-speak. 

Well, they say proof in the pudding---  

Here is what NPR ran on the 60th anniversary of the JFKA. This makes a puffball look like a mace: 

On this day 60 years ago: President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas

NOVEMBER 22, 2023
HEARD ON MORNING EDITION

NPR's Michel Martin talks to television and film writer Hunter Ingram, who has watched many of the documentaries and specials released this year to mark the anniversary, and has recommendations

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST:

On this day in 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, while riding through Dealey Plaza in his motorcade, his wife Jackie by his side.WALTER CRONKITE: President Kennedy died at 1 p.m. Central Standard Time, 2 o'clock Eastern Standard Time, some 38 minutes ago.

MARTIN: That, of course, is the voice of Walter Cronkite. Six decades later, JFK's assassination remains a subject of fascination, mystery and even conspiracy theories for many people, as evidenced by the documentaries and specials released this year to mark the anniversary. TV and film writer Hunter Ingram has watched all of them, and he's here with us now to tell us which ones we might want to check out. Good morning.

HUNTER INGRAM: Good morning. Thank you for having me.

MARTIN: Thanks for coming. So as we said, JFK died six decades ago. From what you've gleaned while watching, is there any new information out there

INGRAM: Well, we have a lot of trickling documents that have come out since 1992. Of course, that was the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Act, and that was spurred by the release of Oliver Stone's 1991 film "JFK." And up until last year, the government was still releasing thousands of documents related to the assassination. And so a recent documentary was done by Oliver Stone himself, "JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass," kind of sifting through those documents and trying to make sense of why they were important, why they were redacted and how they may or may not feed into some of these conspiracy theories that have persisted for six decades.

MARTIN: So did they come to any conclusions?

INGRAM: They come to the conclusion that a lot was not told to the American people. I think that was the prevailing theory. There's the talk of the magic bullet and how it doesn't add up to the single-bullet theories. I mean, there're so many things that have grown from that single moment in 1963 that people are still trying to reckon with today on so many levels, which is why I think we see some of these documentaries coming out like this.

MARTIN: So do you have - gosh, in this context, I hate to use the word favorite because, you know, given the subject matter - but is there one or two that you would particularly recommend?

INGRAM: Well, I think the ones that were released specifically this year. The ones that actually have come out within the last few weeks - and in one case, a few days - were really fascinating and come at this subject in a different way. The first one that I would suggest, and the one that I really enjoyed, was through National Geographic. They have a franchise of docuseries called "One Day In America." People may have seen the 2021 one about 9/11 for the 20th anniversary.

This one that came out a few weeks ago is "JFK: One Day In America," and it literally follows JFK and Jackie from the morning of November 22, 1963, all the way through the assassination in Dallas. And then it carries through the manhunt for Lee Harvey Oswald and even through the night and past midnight, as they're trying to get a handle on what to do with Harvey - Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas. That was really fascinating because you live minute to minute, and obviously, today being an anniversary might be of interest to people to get a sense of how that day unfolded. But if they want a deeper look, I think one that is just as fascinating was the History Channel's new documentary, "Kennedy," which is eight episodes, and it digs even more deeply into his life, from birth all the way to his final day.

MARTIN: You know, obviously for some people, this - that day is seared in memory. I mean, people know where they were and what they were doing when they learned this news. But for people who don't have that memory, they're just starting to think about it, is there one of these specials, new or old, that you would recommend?

INGRAM: Well, I think that a good complement would probably be "JFK: One Day In America" because you get to see the whole day. You know, it is seared in so many Americans' minds. And for those who didn't live it, I think this is a way for you to understand the tragedy of the day. I mean, that is something that is inescapable in any of these documentaries, that this was something that has imprinted itself in American history in the minds of those who were there. And for those who weren't, I think we are reliving them every year with documentaries like this that get to preserve that moment in a way, that - it's not going to be as if you were there, but it will give you a sense of why it's important and why we are still seeing the reverberations six decades later.

MARTIN: That is Hunter Ingram. He's a freelance TV and film writer. Hunter, thanks so much.

INGRAM: Of course. Thank you.

---30---

And that is how NPR covered the 60th anniversary of the JFKA and the snuff job on the JFK Records Act. 

Is Maher/NPR a spook show? Who knows? I wouldn't bet against it. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

From NPR I’ve come not to expect anything better. What I don’t get is why Pacifica and their affiliates like KPFA avoid JFK. I suppose over the years there’s been a kind of takeover there too. I’ve never heard Talbot, or Peter Dale Scott on their airwaves, though at one time or another they have been.  But I did hear Judyth Vary Baker. Go figure. They have a blind spot when it comes to JFK, similar to Noam Chomsky. And they are vehemently and rabidly anti RFK Jr. 

Just what we need from MAGA Ben Cole, in the Age of 21st Century Orwellian Right Wing Fake News Corporations-- Fox, Breitbart, Sinclair, Washington Examiner, Epoch Times, et.al.--a selective MAGA critique of one of the more honest media organizations in the U.S., which has, unfortunately, also participated in CIA Mockingbird's suppression of JFK assassination truth.

Is there a major news corporation in the U.S. that hasn't participated in Mockingbird?  Even PBS is guilty.

As for the recent, bogus defamation of NPR in the MAGA media, it has already been debunked on our reality-based boards.  (Steve Innskeep wrote the decisive op-ed on the subject.)

Not sure why MAGA Ben is attacking NPR again on the JFKA board. 

8 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

From NPR I’ve come not to expect anything better. What I don’t get is why Pacifica and their affiliates like KPFA avoid JFK. I suppose over the years there’s been a kind of takeover there too. I’ve never heard Talbot, or Peter Dale Scott on their airwaves, though at one time or another they have been.  But I did hear Judyth Vary Baker. Go figure. They have a blind spot when it comes to JFK, similar to Noam Chomsky. And they are vehemently and rabidly anti RFK Jr. 

PB--

Thanks for your collegial commentary.

I grew up in the 1960-70s Southern California, devotedly listening to KPFK-Pacifica, in one of my hometowns, Pasadena (the studio was in the Pasadena Community College campus). 

You can find some of the old JFKA/RFK1A broadcasts on Youtube. It is frankly sad to listen to the decline in public radio---there used to be some "good stuff" on there.  

Something happened to alt-left radio, and PC versions of ID politics have come to saturate every moment, with no air in the room for traditional reporting. 

(BTW KPFK back i the 1970s ran a hilarious Cheech & Chong skit remembered as "Dave's Not Here." I still get a chuckle in recalling that. On top of everything else, public radio isn't even funny anymore.)

• Benjamin Cole changed the title to JFKA: Maher, NPR, Wikipedia, the CIA and the JFKA

National Geographic eh?

When you had the following:

Rob Reiner's podcast

Barbara Shearer's What the Doctors Saw

The prologue to Four Died Trying

This woman Maher seems like she might have been sent in for that purpose.

Just remember NPR is swimming in money from the Kroc fortune.