The Education Forum

Trump Immediately Hit the Deck -- Why Didn't JFK?

When Ol' Bone Spurs got nicked in the ear in Butler PA he immediately ducked down.

When Navy Veteran Jack Kennedy was shot in the throat he did not duck down.  Instead he stayed upright in spite of his military background.

Why do you suppose that was?

I think it's Occam's Razor -- the simplest explanation is he acted paralyzed because he was paralyzed.

These situations are simply not comparable. Trump was standing on a podium when he was shot at. President Kennedy was sitting, crammed into a slow moving vehicle and wearing a back brace. When I was in Dallas in November I sat in the Kennedy seat whilst doing a presidential route tour in a replica Lincoln, albeit without the jump seats, and let me tell you i felt crammed in. As soon as we made the turn from Main onto Houston I thought, I have absolutely no where to go, I am trapped in here and that is without the jump seats or a back brace. 

5 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

When Ol' Bone Spurs got nicked in the ear in Butler PA he immediately ducked down.

When Navy Veteran Jack Kennedy was shot in the throat he did not duck down.  Instead he stayed upright in spite of his military background.

Why do you suppose that was?

I think it's Occam's Razor -- the simplest explanation is he acted paralyzed because he was paralyzed.

Cliff - is the first shot that hit JFK the throat shot or the back shot?

2 hours ago, Johnny Cairns said:

These situations are simply not comparable. Trump was standing on a podium when he was shot at. President Kennedy was sitting, crammed into a slow moving vehicle and wearing a back brace. When I was in Dallas in November I sat in the Kennedy seat whilst doing a presidential route tour in a replica Lincoln, albeit without the jump seats, and let me tell you i felt crammed in. As soon as we made the turn from Main onto Houston I thought, I have absolutely no where to go, I am trapped in here and that is without the jump seats or a back brace. 

Bump.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Trump asks for a Silver Star medal ( or in the least a Purple Heart one ) to wear on his chest the rest of his campaign for his brave wounded in rally action heroics.

3 hours ago, Johnny Cairns said:

He slumped to his left after the head shot(s), didn't he?

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

Cliff - is the first shot that hit JFK the throat shot or the back shot?

Throat shot first.  He raised his fist in front of his throat immediately.  The well-corroborated contemporaneous account of SSA Glen Bennett put the back shot right before the head shot(s).

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Throat shot first.  He raised his fist in front of his throat immediately.  The well-corroborated contemporaneous account of SSA Glen Bennett put the back shot right before the head shot(s).

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Johnny Cairns said:

z377.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I never noticed the left head turn before.  Consistent with a shot  from the right front.

and look at JFK's left forefinger, pointing to the right! He was shot from the right before this head snap, which was at approximately z228

Edited by Robert Reeves