The Education Forum

Oswald jacket identification question

7 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

I was suspended for two days for calling one of DiEugenio's posts "tripe".  Apparently, I can't use that word in describing another member's posts while W. Niederhut (a Moderator here, no less) is allowed to use the word "guano" when describing another member's post.  Run Bulman (the Mod who suspended me for 48 hours) is a hypocrite.

@W. Niederhut @Ron Bulman

This is Run Buman, Run.  Mockingbird guano vs a direct by name calling DiEugenio's work tripe?  There is a difference.  Calling me or any other member a hypocrite is a direct insult of another forum member.  It also falls under treating an Administrator (Moderator) disrespectfully.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO W. was clearly referring to Fred in person, calling Fred´s reaction guano cfr. :

"Geez...more guano from Operation Mockingbird Redux. Can we get another Education Forum clean up on Aisle Litwin?"

That´s an insult by W., no matter how I look at it, you can cover it, it still stinks (the guano).

I´m not justifying what Bill did, but W. should be treated by the same standards, he can post like any other member, but apply the same rules please.

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

15 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

IMO W. was clearly referring to Fred in person, calling Fred´s reaction guano cfr. :

"Geez...more guano from Operation Mockingbird Redux. Can we get another Education Forum clean up on Aisle Litwin?"

That´s an insult by W., no matter how I look at it, you can cover it, it still stinks (the guano).

I´m not justifying what Bill did, but W. should be treated by the same standards, he can post like any other member, but apply the same rules please.

W. is responsible for his own statements.  He can defend himself, quite well.  As the only other moderator here I'm glad he is, as I asked him to do so with Mark's blessing.  I was the only one for a while catching everything from everybody who chose to criticize.  I appreciate what he does and will not comment further on this conversation other than to say I will take Jim's body of work over Fred's assertions, and, Bill is generally argumentative with most here having insulted Jim Di Eugenio, Joseph Mc Bride, myself, W, and others in recent months. 

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

W. is responsible for his own statements.  He can defend himself, quite well.  As the only other moderator here I'm glad he is, as I asked him to do so with Mark's blessing.  I was the only one for a while catching everything from everybody who chose to criticize.

That´s clear, thanks, so he can insult other members (that´s what he did, I´m not the only one seeing it, anyone who doesn´t must be blind), and no one can or will do anything about it, none of the mods or admin or owner(s).

Other members can not (just to be clear, as they never were allowed, that´s only normal).

All I wanted to know, I guess time will tell how this goes.

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

On 10/11/2024 at 11:16 PM, Ron Bulman said:

W. is responsible for his own statements.  He can defend himself, quite well.  As the only other moderator here I'm glad he is, as I asked him to do so with Mark's blessing.  I was the only one for a while catching everything from everybody who chose to criticize.  I appreciate what he does and will not comment further on this conversation other than to say I will take Jim's body of work over Fred's assertions, and, Bill is generally argumentative with most here having insulted Jim Di Eugenio, Joseph Mc Bride, myself, W, and others in recent months. 

I said I would not comment further on this.  But Bill crossed a line.

To review, he responded to a post by W. quoting Jim DiEugenio referring to Jim's work as tripe.  I gave him a warning for insulting another member with a two-day suspension.  He then complained about W referring to Litwin's comments as guano deserving the same treatment.  And called me a hypocrite for not doing so.  Addressing me a Run Bulman, my keyboard has an I between the O and the U, a typo?  All discussed above.  He received an increased penalty for calling a moderator a hypocrite, a direct insult, right or wrong.

Yesterday he sent me a facebook friend request.  I laughed.  Then thought, he took the time to look me up outside the forum and do this sarcastically?  A bit creepy actually.

I'm deleting the friend request and Bill won't be posting for a while longer.

Mark or Evan can change this if they disagree.