The Education Forum

Power corrupts---

And absolute power------------------

It is frightening to me and very nearly unimagineable when I attempt to expand my mind to the extent that I can even touch on the meaning of "Absolute Power". I am speaking of that Absolute Power that exists and has existed in the world of geo politics and the New World Order. A power that literally allows anything that is imagineable to be Absolutely possible and probable. It operates at a stratospheric level in which words and concepts such as law & lawless, crime, religion, loyalty, love, right, wrong, conscience, morality and guilt do not exist.

To my thinking it is like a tidal wave that sneaks in, unobserved and removes or re-arranges everything in its path to the extent that it is impossible to reconstruct, even in ones own mind, the original order of things. For the most fortunate, their may be a blurry, faded photograph. When I consider the power that has been involved, I clearly realize that my life, the lives of everyone that I know, the lives of John & Robert Kennedy, other heads of state, religous leaders, Popes------ the life and lives of no one or any group are at all important to the master plan and can in no way stem the tide. Nothing has resisted this force which started as a ripple sixty years ago.

Sorry ! No real message. Just venting. Charlie Black

. When I consider the power that has been involved, I clearly realize that my life, the lives of everyone that I know, the lives of John & Robert Kennedy, other heads of state, religous leaders, Popes------ the life and lives of no one or any group are at all important to the master plan and can in no way stem the tide. Nothing has resisted this force which started as a ripple sixty years ago.

Sorry ! No real message. Just venting. Charlie Black

Charlie,

What event occurred "sixty years ago"?

Dawn

Here is what the historian Lord Acton (1834-1902) had to say on this subject:

"Liberty is not a means to a higher political end... It is itself the highest political end... liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and provokes no sincere opposition... The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to to govern. Every class is unfit to govern... Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Hello Dawn

This is my personal feeling only, but I feel that the geographic and political restructuring which began occuring prior to the end of WWII which included, for all practical purposes, the end of Colonialism, brought together the elements of super powered private factions that could control governments.

Charlie Black

Lord Acton is basically saying that any government is corrupt, and he's right. The sooner people learn this in life the better. I continued for years under the delusion I was taught as a kid that people go into government for public service and noble causes, when the fact is they go into it for the power, prestige, and perks. And when they get powerful and corrupt enough, they are willing literally to kill people to keep what they've gained and get more.

This is not to say that powerful politicians are worse human beings than anyone else. I guess I would be just as low down as the rest of them in high places, since that's what it does to you, but thank God I'll never get there.

It's easy to say there are good people in high government positions, but when you think about it, if they were all that good they wouldn't be there associating with crooks and killers and even covering for them. There are other ways to make a living. But power corrupts, as Acton said, and the corruption rubs off on everyone around it. (Now and then there's a whistleblower, but God have mercy on him or her.)

Anyway, learning this stuff early would ease the pain of learning gradually, while clinging to denial, about what governments, regardless of the party nominally in power, will do to their own people, not to mention people abroad when a good war or other exploitation is in order.

Ron

All

When I read "Sabotage at Black Tom" (a historical accout of Germany's secret war in America 1914 -1917 and the case that brought John J. McCloy to the American intelligence community) I was surprized to learn that British Intelligence, in 1900, was tracking every person who entered or exited a British port world wide. Intelligence is the lifeblood of power just as intelligence is the lifeblood of national survival. Americans naiavity in the years 1920 - 1939 in intelligence almost led to the end of democracy and the worldwide triumph of Fascism.

I guess we get to pick our poison.

Jim Root

Guest Stephen Turner

:eek:( The survival of this "POWER ELITE", is due to one thing & one thing only. The unblinking, unthinking, cud chewing, TV watching, sport worshipping, moblie phoning, SUV driving, binge-drinking, racist, sexist, masses.

Ladies & gentlemen of the Forum I give you THE SHEEPLE.........!!!!!