The Education Forum

Could it be?

I am not sure which two guys you refer to, but I am suspicious of these two suits I have cropped from a Jim Murray image (below). This action was about 9 minutes after the shooting. Might this be Robertson and friend?

Both these men seem younger and slimmer than the two men identified as Rip Robertson and friend.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was checking out the wonderful photograph that Lee Forman secured which shows some of the crowd crossing the grassy area of Dealey Plaza about 2 minutes after the shooting.

I am wondering if the two gentlemen on the right in the comparison below are the same individuals who were positioned at the corner of Main and Houston?

James

Hi James-

I think they're a match. Both men appear to be of equal height (in relation to one another) in both photos. Look at the hats as well. Dead-on match (although you can't quite make out the band on the Robertson figure's hat, the shape/style is the same). Similar facial features (although not enough to be conclusive on its own), same height ratio in both photos, same hats. 1-2-3. Any ONE of these could be a coincidence (although I don't really believe in coincidences where this case is concerned), but three coincidences surrounding this pair of men?? As George W. Bush says when asked if he's ever made any mistakes, "No." IMHO, This is the same pair of dudes.

You are a keen observer, sir. Good job.

B)

Edited by Greg Wagner

Both these men seem younger and slimmer than the two men identified as Rip Robertson and friend. (John Simkin)

You might be right, John.

It just struck me that these 2 guys seemed to be walking with purpose toward the TSBD (or to the man seen in the background) while everyone else was milling aimlessly around.

I don't want to read too much into the Murray image but it seems that after the photograph Lee Forman unearthed, these men do not seem to be present in any other image snapped around the knoll area or behind the fence.

Having said that, there is this below in which a section of activity may be construed as suspicious. I refer to the top left hand corner where we have what looks like a hatless member of the DPD and a man wearing a suit leaning into a parked car. What is going on here?

It may of course be completely innocent but my Spidey senses suggest otherwise.

FWIW.

James

Both these men seem younger and slimmer than the two men identified as Rip Robertson and friend. (John Simkin)

It just struck me that these 2 guys seemed to be walking with purpose toward the TSBD (or to the man seen in the background) while everyone else was milling aimlessly around.

There is no doubt that these men are involved in “official” business. This could mean they were people in Dallas trying to protect JFK. Or, they could be people with the opposite intention.

• 3 months later...

James,

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I place it here. I used a free translation service - it sort of messed with some of the text - 'Left' being translated from 'Izquierdo.' Actually, the translation adds a bit of humor to the story - glutenating with the farmers, for example. There was no photo, although the text referenced one.

Apparently someone found it odd that Nestor [Left Tony], was black and did not practice Santeria. There is a curious reference to el viejo Rip - old man Rip - I assume that this is Robertson. Named one of his children David. Died in 1979.

Looks as if Nestor and a company of men were air-dropped prior to the BOP invasion. Around that time he became such close friends with an American, - whom they renamed 'Quijote' - the visionary madman / folklore hero of Cervantes tale.

- lee

http://www.autentico.org/oa09124.php

LEFT NÉSTOR. MARTYR (1936-1979) By: Mario To Enriquez Left Néstor Was born the 20 of March of 1936 Murio' the 10 of September of 1979 In his forty and three years of life, Left Néstor it had so many experiences and resistances that can affirm that only one human quality as hers it could lock up in so brief space of time a so extraordinary activity. Its short life can fill the biography of several men. All it always was presided over by two overflowed passions: its love to Cuba and its total rejection to the Comunism. And it is as well as it exposed his life in multiple occasions fighting by the liberation of Cuba and as actividaad warlike against the Comunism dies in the heat of that smelled without error in then glorified sandinista forces of Nicaragua. Néstor Left Antonio was born in the humble Pogolotti distribution, the city of Marianao, province of the Habana. Their parents, Camilo Izquierdo and Joséfina Diaz, inculcaron in the boy their good lessons. The father was construction foreman and from very young Tony he worked with him. Soon he knew to read planes of construction and in spite of its short age, in many occasions his father left it to the front of some works. By some time he studied in the school of electromechanical of the School of Bethlehem, where it was member of catholic youth. He was near friend of Manuel Artime and with him he comprised of the Rural Commandos in the beginning of the Cuban revolution. Later, following Artime, he entered in the Revolutionary Counterrecoil and fought to the rising dictatorship, of which soon he underwent persecutions until the point to have to hide itself in the province of East. Return to Havana and of left there to exile: Mexico first, Miami later. In 1960 it entered the campings of Guatemala where the Brigade trained that it had as it puts the liberation of Cuba, his great yearning and the reason for his fights. We are not going to do a story detailed of the activities of Left Tony. It is enough to say that it was very known by all groups that fought to the Comunism, that almost all those called so that it served its inapreciables, that always could count on their collaboration. In order to give a brief and clear image of that was Néstor Left Antonio we are going to count some anecdotes kept with love in the memory of which they were its companions. In these stories we will omit names to keep an anonymity that has been requested to us. In 1979, when already it was watched that guerillas sandinista was supported by Fidel I castrate and would turn to Nicaragua the new Cuba case of prevailing, a group of more than 30 brigadistas was transferred to Nicaragua to fight next to the government of the country. This photo was taken in that occasion. Of uniform she appears an official of the nicaragúense army and, of countrymen, the brigadistas Juan Tamayo, Alexis Rodriguez, Néstor Izquierdo and Joe Rodriguez Fleitas, these two last deads in anti-communist operations. The first mission of Left Néstor was previous to the invasion of Bay of Pigs. In union of several companions one airdropped in spurs of the Masterful Mountain range, in the Eastern province of Cuba. The group, once seated in earth, managed to agglutinate to a good number of farmers to whom they prepared to wait for the invasion. When knowing itself the failure the persistence, Left dispersed to the group and crossed the base of Guantánamo desdde where it returned to the United States. During those eventful journeys it knew a North American official of the base of Caimanera, to which they baptized with the sobrename of the Quijote. This friendship would last until the day of its death. During a mission it command to Cuba and while they moved away of the coast once finished the operation, the absence of a man in the boat noticed. In similar cases, the security of the operation and the men who have survived is more important that the life of a single man. But Left it broke the norm: it took the rudder from the boat and returned to earth where it began to call to shouts to the straggler. To the aim they gave with him, they embarked it, and all could put to sea, again, without no upheaval. Key, in the keys of Florida, we were hoping to leave in an operation towards Cuba. So that we happened inadvertent, the old Rip said us that we tried to seem tourist and to that aim gave to Néstor water skiing to him so that practiced the sport by the Bay. After being awhile skiing, when returning to the beach, a companion says to him: "I congratulate to You, Tony. You did not fall nor a single time ". Left one became to the friend and with great tranquillity it responded to him "could not fall, I do not know to me to swim". Two Cuban habián stopped in the city dde Mexico accused to attempt against an agent of the communist regime of Cuba. An impartial judgment could not be hoped. Found out Left the problem, one went to Mexico and it rented a contiguous house to the prison where they were both Cuban. It immediately began to excavate a tunnel to cause the flight, but due discovered and had to flee towards Miami. Later it returns to Mexico but already separated to Cuban they have both stopped. Left it is introduced in the prison where he was one of them, disguised from policia, and removes to the prisoner. In the street they separate and later Left it is stopped when it tried to cross the border EU being become to happen through Puerto Rican. When knowing itself the Left halting all their friends was mobilized. One of them communicated with the North American official friend. The Quijote, that was transferred to where was Néstor and made the managements necessary and rendered the corresponding guarantee to obtain its freedom, putting of guarantee its own house. Words of Mrs. Izquierdo: We have wanted to gather impressions of Mrs. Left Edith, widow of the unforgettable Néstor. There are its words here. "I am Venezuelan, but I grew up in Havana. In 1967 I returned to Venezuela and later I took root in Miami, where I knew Tony. We married in December of 1970. The wedding took place with a simple ceremony. Work cost to me to adapt me to its sort of life, because it never was inactive. To the aim I included/understood that it could not stop it. I know that it wanted much to us to me and to our children Jimaguas, Damián and David. It always admires its value, its tenacity and, mainly, its great ideal. A day said me that it felt in having to defeat to the regime that the same one had helped to take the power and that would not rest until the total defeat of the castrocomunismo. That was its incessant fight. "To me it seems that his spirit of fight was so great that he constituted his only goal in the life to fight to the Comunism. It understood that if the Cubans were in Angola, Latinoamerica, everywhere, it was because they were fighting at international level and that at that same level it was necessary to fight them. It liked everything what implied risks. During a time of warlike inactivity it was dedicated to the paracaidísmos and I comprise of the Golden Hawks. "it always said before lying down. He was very catholic. Devotee of the Virgin of Guadalupe. Although the Cuban has much to santería, he did not have anything to do with that. He ed ***reflx mng myself when I said to him: "Tony, your you are the only black and so I I have tripped who am not santero". It never wrote. To once I asked him why it did not write to him to its family and it responded to me: "I believe that I do not do any good sending to him letters. The only good that I can do to my family, my town to him, is to continue in the fight until Cuba is free. "the last time that was in its house said to me: "Your never you are going to know the happy thing that I feel there, in Nicaragua. The contentment that I am, the proud thing that I feel of same me. I cannot describe to you with words " Nicaragua: its last mission. It says will refrán that nobody is prophet in its earth. But we Cuban them it have not been either outside her. We took more than to twenty years warning to our neighbors of the Hemisphere the dangers of a situation like which he was called on to us to live, without obtaining that somebody pays attention to us. Being Left a man of few words, dedicated his life to which better he knew to do: to fight the advance of the Comunism in the continent. Their last battles freed them in Nicaragua fighting to the sandinista glorified ones of then that today are, as it watched it Left, execrados the sandinocomunistas followers of Moscow and Havana. The 10 of September of 1970 a combat in the zone had gotten rid of the Naranjo, near the border with Costa Rica. It was necessary to transfer the personal course to Managua. Some started off in helicopters and the last group, constituted by 23 parachutists of whom Left Tony was "jump master", approached a C-47 airplane to be transferred to the nicaraguense capital. Hardly to ten meters of height, to the airplane a motor was given off to him and it hurried to earth. Six men died, among them Néstor Left Antonio. This great Cuban was an experienced parachutist, one of the founders of the Golden Hawks with which conjuntamento with units of parachutists of the EU army participated in jump exhibitions. Néstor went to Managua to train units of the national Guard. But there are the news that it was participating in the operations, jumping behind the sandinista lines to cut retirement to them Several days after its tragic death its corpse was brought to Miami where grave occurred to Christian. To the men we do not like that they see us cry. Perhaps for that reason there were so many men with dark espejuelos in the funeral of Left. When they spend the years and the historians make the count of the calvario of the Cuban town during the communist tyranny, the man of the Left Black will appear, by own right, in prominent seat of honor. AIM Source: Girón. Official organ of the Association of Combatants of Bahia de Cochinos. December of 1985

The original, en espanol.

NÉSTOR IZQUIERDO. MÁRTIR (1936-1979)

Por: Mario A. Enriquez

Néstor Izquierdo Nació el 20 de marzo de 1936

Murió el 10 de septiembre de 1979

En sus cuarenta y tres años de vida, Néstor Izquierdo tuvo tantas experiencias y contrastes que puede afirmarse que sólo una calidad humana como la suya podía encerrar en tan breve espacio de tiempo una actividad tan extraordinaria. Su corta vida puede llenar la biografía de varios hombres. Todo ello estuvo siempre presidido por dos pasiones desbordadas: su amor a Cuba y su total rechazo al comunismo. Y es así como expuso su vida en múltiples ocasiones luchando por la liberación de Cuba y como muere en plena actividaad bélica contra el comunismo que olfateó sin error en las entonces glorificadas fuerzas sandinistas de Nicaragua.

Nació Néstor Antonio Izquierdo en el humilde reparto Pogolotti, en la ciudad de Marianao, provincia de La Habana. Sus padres, Camilo Izquierdo y Joséfina Díaz, inculcaron en el niño sus buenas enseñanzas. El padre era maestro de obras y desde muy joven Tony trabajó con él. Pronto supo leer planos de construcción y a pesar de su corta edad, en muchas ocasiones su padre lo dejó al frente de algunas obras. Por algún tiempo estudió en la escuela de electromecánica del Colegio de Belén, donde fue miembro de la juventud católica. Fue amigo cercano de Manuel Artime y con él formó parte de los Comandos Rurales en el inicio de la revolución cubana. Más tarde, siguiendo a Artime, ingresó en el Movimiento de Recuperación Revolucionaria y combatió a la naciente dictadura, de la que pronto sufrió persecuciones hasta el punto de tener que ocultarse en la provincia de Oriente. Regreso a La Habana y de allí partió al exilio: México primero, Miami después. En 1960 ingresó en los campamentos de Guatemala donde se entrenaba la Brigada que tenía como meta la liberación de Cuba, su gran anhelo y el motivo de sus luchas.

No vamos a hacer un relato pormenorizado de las actividades de Tony Izquierdo. Basta decir que era muy conocido por todos los grupos que combatían al comunismo, que casi todos lo llamaron para que prestara sus inapreciables servicios, los que siempre pudieron contar con su colaboración. Para dar una imagen breve y clara de quien fue Néstor Antonio Izquierdo vamos a contar algunas anécdotas guardadas con amor en el recuerdo de los que fueron sus compañeros. En estos relatos omitiremos nombres para guardar un anonimato que se nos ha pedido.

En 1979, cuando ya se avizoraba que las guerillas sandinistas estaban apoyadas por Fidel Castro y convertirían a Nicaragua en una nueva Cuba en caso de triunfar, un grupo de más de 30 brigadistas se trasladó a Nicaragua para luchar junto al gobierno del país. Esta foto fue tomada en aquella ocasión. De uniforme aparece un oficial del ejército nicaragúense y, de paisanos, los brigadistas Juan Tamayo, Alexis Rodríguez, Néstor Izquierdo y Joe Rodríguez Fleitas, estos dos últimos muertos en operaciones anticomunistas.

La primera misión de Néstor Izquierdo fue previa a la invasión de Bahía de Cochinos. En unión de varios compañeros se lanzó en paracaídas en las estribaciones de la Sierra Maestra, en la provincia oriental de Cuba. El grupo, una vez asentado en tierra, logró aglutinar a un buen número de campesinos a los que prepararon para esperar la invasión. Al conocerse el fracaso del empeño, Izquierdo dispersó al grupo y cruzó la base de Guantánamo desdde donde regresó a Estados Unidos. Durante esas peripecias conoció a un oficial norteamericano de la base de Caimanera, al que bautizaron con el sobrenombre de El Quijote. Esta amistad duraría hasta el día de su muerte.

Durante una misión comando a Cuba y mientras se alejaban de la costa una vez terminada la operación, se notó la ausencia de un hombre en la embarcación. En casos similares, la seguridad de la operación y de los hombres que han sobrevivido es más importante que la vida de un solo hombre. Pero Izquierdo rompió la norma: tomó el timón de la lancha y regresó a tierra donde comenzó a llamar a gritos al rezagado. Al fin dieron con él, lo embarcaron, y todos pudieron hacerse a la mar, nuevamente, sin ningún trastorno. Key, en los cayos de la Florida, nos encontrábamos esperando para salir en una operación hacia Cuba. Para que pasáramos inadvertidos, el viejo Rip nos dijo que tratáramos de parecer turistas y a ese fin le entregó a Néstor unos esquís acuáticos para que practicara el deporte por la Bahía. Después de estar un rato esquiando, al regresar a la playa, le dice un compañero: "Te felicito, Tony. No te caiste ni una sola vez". Izquierdo se volvió al amigo y con gran tranquilidad le respondió " No podía caerme, no sé nadar".

Dos cubanos habián sido detenidos en la ciudad dde México acusados de atentar contra un agente del régimen comunista de Cuba. No se podía esperar un juicio imparcial. Enterado Izquierdo del problema, se dirigió a Mexico y alquiló una casa contigua a la prisión donde se hallaban los dos cubanos. De inmediato comenzó a excavar un túnel para propiciar la fuga, pero due descubierto y tuvo que huir hacia Miami.

Más tarde regresa a México pero ya han separado a los dos cubanos detenidos. Izquierdo se introduce en la prisión donde estaba uno de ellos, disfrazado de policia, y saca al prisionero. En la calle se separan y más tarde Izquierdo es detenido cuando trataba de cruzar la frontera con EU haciéndose pasar por puertorriqueño.

Al conocerse la detención de Izquierdo todos sus amigos se movilizaron . Uno de ellos se comunicó con el oficial norteamericano amigo. El Quijote, quien se trasladó a donde se hallaba Néstor e hizo las gestiones necesarias y prestó la fianza correspondiente para lograr su libertad, poniendo de garantía su propia casa.

Palabras de la Señora Izquierdo:

Hemos querido recoger unas impresiones de la señora Edith Izquierdo, viuda del inolvidable Néstor. He aquí sus palabras.

"Yo soy venezolana, pero me crié en La Habana. En 1967 volví a Venezuela y posteriormente me radiqué en Miami, donde conocí a Tony. Nos casamos en diciembre de 1970. La boda se efectuó con una sencilla ceremonia. Trabajo me costó adaptarme a su género de vida, porque él nunca estuvo inactivo. Al fin comprendí que no podía pararlo. Sé que nos quería mucho a mí y a nuestro hijos Jimaguas, Damián y David. Siempre admire su valor, su tenacidad y, sobre todo, su gran ideal. Un día me dijo que se sentía en el deber de derrotar al régimen que el mismo había ayudado a tomar el poder y que no descansaría hasta la total derrota del castrocomunismo. Esa era su incesante lucha.

" A mí me parece que su espíritu de lucha era tan grande que constituía su única meta en la vida combatir al comunismo. El entendía que si los cubanos estaban en Angola, en Latinoamerica, en todas partes, era porque estaban luchando a nivel internacional y que a ese mismo nivel había que combatirlos. Le gustaba todo lo que implicara riesgos. Durante un tiempo de inactividad bélica se dedicó al paracaidísmos y formo parte de los Halcones Dorados.

" Siempre rezaba antes de acostarse. Era muy católico. Devoto de la Virgen de Guadalupe. Aunque el cubano tiene mucho a la santería, él no tenía nada que ver con eso. El se reía cuando yo le decía: " Tony, tu eres el único negro conque yo me he tropezado que no es santero". Nunca escribía. Una vez le pregunté por qué no le escribía a su familia y me respondió: " Creo que no le hago ningún bien enviándole cartas. El único bien que le puedo hacer a mi familia, a mi pueblo, es continuar en la lucha hasta que cuba sea libre.

" La última vez que estuvo en su casa me dijo: " Tu nunca vas a saber lo feliz que yo me siento allá, en Nicaragua. Lo contento que estoy, lo orgulloso que me siento de mí mismo. No te lo puedo describir con palabras"

Nicaragua: su último misión.

Dice el refrán que nadie es profeta en su tierra. Pero nosotros los cubanos tampoco lo hemos sido fuera de ella. Llevamos más de veinte años advirtiendo a nuestros vecinos del Hemisferio los peligros de una situación como la que nos tocó vivir, sin lograr que alguien nos preste atención.

Siendo Izquierdo un hombre de pocas palabras, dedicó su vida a lo que mejor sabía hacer: combatir el avance del comunismo en el continente.

Sus últimos batallas las libró en Nicaragua combatiendo a los glorificados sandinistas de entonces que hoy son, como lo avizoró Izquierdo, los execrados sandinocomunistas seguidores de Moscú y La Habana.

El 10 de septiembre de 1970 se había librado un combate en la zona del Naranjo, cerca de la frontera con Costa Rica. Era necesario trasladar el personal rumbo a Managua. Algunos partieron en helicópteros y el último grupo, constituído por 23 paracaidistas de los que Tony Izquierdo era el "jump master",abordó un avión C-47 para trasladarse a la capital nicaraguense. Apenas a diez metros de altura, al avión se le desprendió un motor y se precipitó a tierra. Murieron seis hombres, entre ellos Néstor Antonio Izquierdo.

Este gran cubano fue un experimentado paracaidista, uno de los fundadores de los Halcones Dorados con los que participó en exhibiciones de salto conjuntamento con unidades de paracaidistas del ejército de EU.

Néstor fue a Managua a entrenar unidades de la Guardia nacional. Pero hay noticias de que estaba participando en las operaciones, saltando detrás de las líneas sandinistas para cortarles la retirada

Varios días después de su trágica muerte su cadáver fue traído a Miami donde se dio cristiana sepultura. A los hombres no nos gusta que nos vean llorar. Tal vez por eso habíamos tantos hombres con espejuelos oscuros en el funeral de Izquierdo.

Cuando pasen los años y los historiadores hagan el recuento del calvario del pueblo cubano durante la tiranía comunista, el hombre del Negro Izquierdo aparecerá, por derecho propio, en prominente sitial.

FIN

Fuente:

Girón. Órgano oficial de la Asociación de Combatientes de Bahia de Cochinos.

Diciembre de 1985

Thanks, Lee.

My Spanish is pretty good and that article interested me greatly. I came across it some time back and then tried to hunt that photo which was mentioned down. I wasn't able to find that one but was successful in finding another image of Izquierdo which was owned by a private collector who would not allow me to copy it. :(

The article mentions that one of the men Izquierdo was photographed with was one Joe Rodrigues Fleitas. This is in fact Jorge Rodriguez Fleites. He was one of the Fort Benning Cubans who graduated with the likes of Luis Posada Carriles, Felix Rodriguez and Jose 'Yayo' Varona. (see below)

'Quijote' I believe is someone who needs to be identified and an important clue.

What I did find curious was Izquierdo's close relationship to Manuel Artime before their defections. Lots of possible connections to ponder there.

James

Edited by James Richards

Thanks, Lee.

My Spanish is pretty good and that article interested me greatly. I came across it some time back and then tried to hunt that photo which was mentioned down. I wasn't able to find that one but was successful in finding another image of Izquierdo which was owned by a private collector who would not allow me to copy it. :(

The article mentions that one of the men Izquierdo was photographed with was one Joe Rodrigues Fleitas. This is in fact Jorge Rodriguez Fleites. He was one of the Fort Benning Cubans who graduated with the likes of Luis Posada Carriles, Felix Rodriguez and Jose 'Yayo' Varona. (see below)

'Quijote' I believe is someone who needs to be identified and an important clue.

What I did find curious was Izquierdo's close relationship to Manuel Artime before their defections. Lots of possible connections to ponder there.

James

The above photo is also? in the Hughes film see the thread (Sharing some new pics and large old pics.)

I don't want to read too much into the Murray image but it seems that after the photograph Lee Forman unearthed, these men do not seem to be present in any other image snapped around the knoll area or behind the fence.

Having said that, there is this below in which a section of activity may be construed as suspicious. I refer to the top left hand corner where we have what looks like a hatless member of the DPD and a man wearing a suit leaning into a parked car. What is going on here?

FWIW.

James

Hello All,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the car (which a man in a suit seems to be approaching-- could it be "Rip" Robertson or his companion???) in the upper right hand corner of the photo sure looks like a Rambler station wagon to me. Hmmm...... FWIW

Thomas

FWIW.

James

Hello again,

Sorry to be double posting like this, but I thought it would be a good idea to "quote" the photograph I'm referring to and to tell everyone that you have to scroll all the way over to the right to see the car and the man (with his back to the camera) I'm talking about in the upper right hand corner of the photograph. Sure looks like a light-colored Rambler station wagon to me. I wonder if it's the same one that Craig, Carr, Robinson, Forrest, Cooper saw a few minutes after the shooting had stopped....

Thanks, Thomas

I don't know cars of this era. Some enhancements

Thomas and John,

Some time back, I pointed out that the vehicle in question is indeed is a 1959 Rambler. The man in the dark suit leaning into the other vehicle in the top left of frame and the hatless DPD officer is certainly suspicious in my book.

The Jim Murray photograph that shows the Rambler on Elm and a man strolling down the knoll toward the footpath was snapped 10 minutes after the shooting. I guess if we can lock in a time when the image in the parking lot was taken, then we might be able to determine if there is a chance that these cars are one in the same.

Cheers,

James

The above photo is also? in the Hughes film see the thread (Sharing some new pics and large old pics.) (Robert Howard)

Hi Robert,

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but are you saying that Jorge Rodriguez Fleites, or at least a man who looks like him appears in the Hughes film?

James

Thomas and John,

Some time back, I pointed out that the vehicle in question is indeed is a 1959 Rambler. The man in the dark suit leaning into the other vehicle in the top left of frame and the hatless DPD officer is certainly suspicious in my book.

The Jim Murray photograph that shows the Rambler on Elm and a man strolling down the knoll toward the footpath was snapped 10 minutes after the shooting. I guess if we can lock in a time when the image in the parking lot was taken, then we might be able to determine if there is a chance that these cars are one in the same.

Cheers,

James

Hello again,

I just noticed something else in this photograph-- the man in the foreground in the lower left corner (wearing suit, hat, glasses) looks like he's watching the man who's approaching the Rambler in the upper right hand corner. Could these two guys be Rip Robertson and his "companion?" (Maybe it was a case of "I'll stay here and keep watch while you go over and check out the Rambler to make sure everything's o.k./while you relay info/etc."

FWIW, Thomas

Hello again,

I just noticed something else in this photograph-- the man in the foreground in the lower left corner (wearing suit, hat, glasses) looks like he's watching the man who's approaching the Rambler in the upper right hand corner. Could these two guys be Rip Robertson and his "companion?" (Maybe it was a case of "I'll stay here and keep watch while you go over and check out the Rambler to make sure everything's o.k./while you relay info/etc."

FWIW, Thomas (Thomas Graves)

Hi Thomas,

I don't think the guys you have pointed out are the Robertson and O'Hare possibles, but the guy in the dark suit leaning into the vehicle in the top left of frame might well be one of them.

Interesting indeed.

James

On Robertson and friend:

it seems that after the photograph Lee Forman unearthed, these men do not seem to be present in any other image snapped around the knoll area or behind the fence.

James,

I think these two men proceeded to the TSBD, where they and so-called Denim Man (the tall guy with the white cap at Main and Houston) can be seen talking with none other than Howard Brennan. (Robertson's friend is looking directly at Brennan, who is looking up at the building, while Robertson is on his friend's right. This photo had to have been taken a few minutes after the Cancellare photo.)

brennan.jpg

brennan2.jpg

It would thus appear at this point that Robertson and friend had turned their attention to helping set up Oswald, perhaps by helping Brennan get clear in his mind what he saw.

Ron