The Education Forum

Lee Harvey Oswald

Hi Bill,

This sounds interesting - I'll pay attention.

Okay, here we have a live, breaking news story about someone who has been taking pot shots at the Pentagon and USMC Museum, whose psychological profile indicates that he may in fact be an active duty Marine with a grudge.

More security for Marine Corps Marathon

http://voices.washin...=editorialpromo

Organizers of Sunday's Marine Corps Marathon said additional security measures were being installed along the route following news that the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Prince William County was fired upon for a second time this month.

While not offering specifics, U.S. Marine Col. Dan Choike called the measures -- being developed in conjunction with the FBI and local authorities -- "robust" and said there would be no delays to the race schedule.

"Safe races have been conducted [in the past] and this year is going to be no different," Choike said. "We are going to run this race taking into account the incidents that have taken place... and additional measures are being put in place already at a low cost."

The main event begins at 8 a.m. Sunday. The start line is just south of Arlington Memorial Drive on Route 110 in Arlington. The finish is by the Iwo Jima Memorial.

See a marathon route map.

More details on the shootings can be found at Crime Scene.

var entrycat = 'Crime and Public Safety, DC, Maryland, Virginia'

By Washington Post editors | October 29, 2010; 2:41 PM ET

Categories: Crime and Public Safety, DC, Maryland, Virginia

Shooter may be Marine, FBI says

Authorities said Friday that they think the shooter who has fired on three government buildings in the Washington area in recent days -- and may have shot, for a second time, at the National Museum of the Marine Corps overnight -- might be a U.S. Marine with a grievance against the Corps.

The shooter was urged to contact authorities during a Friday news conference at FBI offices downtown. "We'd like to know what his grievance is and how we can try to resolve it," said John Perren, acting assistant director for the FBI's Washington field office. "We'd like to hear his side of the story."

Authorities were investigating shots that were fired overnight at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Prince William County. While not confirming that the latest shots were connected to the three previous ones, FBI officials said they are investigating as though they were.

This is the second time the facility has been targeted this month. The building was closed when an unknown number of shots were fired at it, according to Sgt. Kim Chinn, a Prince William police spokeswoman. No one was injured.

Museum employees arrived Friday about 6 a.m. to find several new bullet holes in a glass window in the same area where previous holes were found, said museum spokeswoman Gwenn Adams. The shots were fired from the direction of Interstate 95, and authorities said it was possible the gunman fired from a vehicle.

"We understand he may feel a great deal of stress in his life at this moment," Perren said. "However, relieving his stress by shooting at buildings puts others at risk. Acting out this way can eventually lead to disastrous and tragic consequences that we all wish to avoid."

The new investigation comes a day after authorities, citing ballistics testing, announced that the same gun was used to fire shots at the museum Oct. 17, the Pentagon Oct. 19 and a vacant Marine Corps recruiting station in Chantilly this week.

Meanwhile, the area is preparing for Sunday's Marine Corps Marathon. During a Friday afternoon press conference, organizers said additional security measures were being installed along the route.

While not offering specifics, U.S. Marine Col. Dan Choike called the measures -- being developed in conjunction with the FBI and local authorities -- "robust" and said there would be no delays to the race schedule.

"Safe races have been conducted [in the past] and this year is going to be no different," Choike said. "We are going to run this race taking into account the incidents that have taken place... and additional measures are being put in place already at a low cost."

No one was injured in any of the confirmed shootings. At the moment, Prince William police are handling the new investigation at the museum, but FBI agents were headed to Triangle to pick up "some evidence of something that happened" overnight, FBI spokeswoman Katherine Schweit said Friday morning.

She said she could not specify what the evidence is. The museum is closed for the day, and Prince William police turned visitors away at the gate.

Wayne Hinaman of Cincinnati pulled up in a minivan with tourist brochures in the passenger's seat. Hinaman said he was in town for the Marine Corps marathon and decided to visit the museum. Undeterred by the news of the shootings, he said he was unconcerned about safety at Sunday's marathon.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much" space, Hinaman said, smiling.

http://voices.washin...at-usmc-mu.html - more

Okay Tom,

Here you go.

http://jfkcountercou...ld-motives.html

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

BK

I have seen a lot of JFK Documents in my time researching, and after all these years it seems to make one sort of jaded when you see something that would have been an ersatz profoundly important document had it been declassified in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.The following document is an example of that type of document.

My reaction to it, is that the document raises more questions than it answers, and reminds me of the Anton Erdinger case in Germany, which seems to have been suppressed by the media in the United States after the assassination.

The obvious reaction to the document would be to see if Ambassador Tom Blackshear was ever questioned about the incident; I also discovered that there is an A.T. "Gus" Blackshear who is a member of the Houston office of Fulbright and Jaworski, which leads me to have my doubts about the veracity of the document.

Not to mention the fact, that if one takes Czornonoh's claims literally, he knew everything about all the major assassinations of the 1960's excepting that of Senator Robert F Kennedy in 1968.

But nevertheless, this is the document.

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=111240

Sergyj Czornonoh

1106 11th Street

Sacramento, California 95814

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/Oswald 201 File (201-289248)/Oswald 201 File, Vol 57/

NARA Record Number: 104-10012-10035

PRIVATE LETTERS RE LEE HARVEY OSWALD AS ASSASSIN, FBI INTERROGATION.. FB

This is a retyped letter from handwritten

COPY 10 British Ambassador

To: Russian Ambassador

Embassy of U.S.S.R.

1125 - 16th Street

Washington, D.C.

Dear Sir:

Mr. Wasilev Consul gave me order to transmit this information to U.S. Government,

on August 9, 1963 in Sofia, Bulgaria, Mr Wasilev, Consul of Embassy of U.S.S.R.

gave me this information about Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald on August 14, 1963.

Mrs. Besera Asenova, girl friend of Russian Consul came to my room and repeated that

Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald is assassin. He will kill President Kennedy.

On August 15, 1963 in Sofia, Bulgaria, at the airport in Embassy car, I told to Mr. Blackshire,

American Vice Consul that Lee Harvey Oswald is assissin [sic].

He has a weapon or has ordered one. Mr. Blackshire said it seems like he is going to kill some one.

I said that Mr. Lee H. Oswald is preparing to kill President of the United States, John F. Kennedy.

Mr. Blackshire said, where will it happen

I said they [right wing] will invite President, criticize him in the newspaper, then kill him.

Mr. Blackshire told me he will give the telegram to Department of State and he gave me the address where

to report.

At 9 a.m. on August 19, 1963 in Washington, D.C., I went to see (Mr Kippingan)

Director of Special Counselor Service Department of State 1901 Pennsylvania

Avenue-11th floor. I told the Director I have information about President Kennedy.

The Director said do not mention name of President Kennedy, only respond

to the questions. The Director said tell us what will happen to Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald

then. I said Mr. Lee H. Oswald will be killed after kill Kennedy. I said I will take the truth drug to

tell the truth. Director tell us who else get killed in this country. I said as I heard that Dr. Martin Luther

King Jr., will be killed. Who will kill Dr. King Jr., Negro leader?

I said a man who is in prison at this time, Mr James Earl Ray was in prison at that time.)

Director asked where assassination will happen. I said in Dallas, Texas. Director said if someone gave this

information here I would expel the man. Director did call on FBI agents after FBI agents use anesthesia

to freeze me to drub me to keep amnesia.

I told Director Department of State that Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald have a weapon. Go see him.

Director told me you too can have a weapon - - so what if Oswald got weapon.

Signed Sergevy Csornonoh

U S Passport D027000

U.S. House of Representatives

Select Committee On Assassinations told me to write letter to Embassy in early 1977.

Edited by Robert Howard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,

Okay, here we have a live, breaking news story about someone who has been taking pot shots at the Pentagon and USMC Museum, whose psychological profile indicates that he may in fact be an active duty Marine with a grudge.

Organizers of Sunday's Marine Corps Marathon said additional security measures were being installed along the route following news that the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Prince William County was fired upon for a second time this month.

The main event begins at 8 a.m. Sunday. The start line is just south of Arlington Memorial Drive on Route 110 in Arlington. The finish is by the Iwo Jima Memorial.

Authorities said Friday that they think the shooter who has fired on three government buildings in the Washington area in recent days -- and may have shot, for a second time, at the National Museum of the Marine Corps overnight -- might be a U.S. Marine with a grievance against the Corps.

The shooter was urged to contact authorities during a Friday news conference at FBI offices downtown. "We'd like to know what his grievance is and how we can try to resolve it," said John Perren, acting assistant director for the FBI's Washington field office. "We'd like to hear his side of the story."

Authorities were investigating shots that were fired overnight at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Prince William County. While not confirming that the latest shots were connected to the three previous ones, FBI officials said they are investigating as though they were.

This is the second time the facility has been targeted this month. The building was closed when an unknown number of shots were fired at it, according to Sgt. Kim Chinn, a Prince William police spokeswoman. No one was injured.

Museum employees arrived Friday about 6 a.m. to find several new bullet holes in a glass window in the same area where previous holes were found, said museum spokeswoman Gwenn Adams. The shots were fired from the direction of Interstate 95, and authorities said it was possible the gunman fired from a vehicle.

"We understand he may feel a great deal of stress in his life at this moment," Perren said. "However, relieving his stress by shooting at buildings puts others at risk. Acting out this way can eventually lead to disastrous and tragic consequences that we all wish to avoid."

The new investigation comes a day after authorities, citing ballistics testing, announced that the same gun was used to fire shots at the museum Oct. 17, the Pentagon Oct. 19 and a vacant Marine Corps recruiting station in Chantilly this week.

Meanwhile, the area is preparing for Sunday's Marine Corps Marathon. During a Friday afternoon press conference, organizers said additional security measures were being installed along the route.

No one was injured in any of the confirmed shootings. At the moment, Prince William police are handling the new investigation at the museum, but FBI agents were headed to Triangle to pick up "some evidence of something that happened" overnight, FBI spokeswoman Katherine Schweit said Friday morning.

She said she could not specify what the evidence is. The museum is closed for the day, and Prince William police turned visitors away at the gate.

Wayne Hinaman of Cincinnati pulled up in a minivan with tourist brochures in the passenger's seat. Hinaman said he was in town for the Marine Corps marathon and decided to visit the museum. Undeterred by the news of the shootings, he said he was unconcerned about safety at Sunday's marathon.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much" space, Hinaman said, smiling.

Okay Tom,

Here you go.

BK

I have seen a lot of JFK Documents in my time researching, and after all these years it seems to make one sort of jaded when you see something that

would have been an ersatz profoundly important document had it been declassified in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.The following

document is certainly an example of that type of document.

My reaction to it, is that the document raises more questions than it answers, and reminds me of the Anton Erdinger case in Germany, which seems to have been

suppressed by the media in the United States after the assassination.

The obvious reaction to the document would be to see if Ambassador Tom Blackshear was ever questioned about the incident; I also discovered

that there is a A.T. "Gus" Blackshear who is/was a member of the Houston office of Fulbright and Jaworski, which leads me to have my doubts

about the veracity of the allegations in the document.

Not to mention the fact, that if one takes Czornonoh's claims literally, he knew everything about all the major assassinations of the 1960's

excepting that of Senator Robert F Kennedy in 1968.

Sergyj Czornonoh

1106 11th Street

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/Oswald 201 File (201-289248)/Oswald 201 File, Vol 57/

Embassy of U.S.S.R.

1125 - 16th Street

Washington, D.C.

Dear Sir: This is a retyped letter from handwritten

Mr. Wasilev Consul gave me order to transmit this information to U.S. Government,

Mrs. Besera Asenova, girl friend of Russian Consul came to my room and repeated that

On August 15, 1963 in Sofia, Bulgaria, at the airport in Embassy car, I told to Mr. Blackshire,

He has a weapon or has ordered one. Mr. Blackshire said it seems like he is going to kill some one.

I said that Mr. Lee H. Oswald is preparing to kill President of the United States, John F. Kennedy.

I said they [right wing] will invite President, criticize him in the newspaper, then kill him.

Mr. Blackshire told me he will give the telegram to Department of State and he gave me the address where

to report.

Avenue-11th floor. I told the Director I have information about President Kennedy.

to the questions. The Director said tell us what will happen to Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald

then. I said Mr. Lee H. Oswald will be killed after kill Kennedy. I said I will take the truth drug to

tell the truth. Director tell us who else get killed in this country. I said as I heard that Dr. Martin Luther

I said a man who is in prison at this time, Mr James Earl Ray was in prison at that time.)

Director asked where assassination will happen. I said in Dallas, Texas. Director said if someone gave this

information here I would expel the man. Director did call on FBI agents after FBI agents use anesthesia

I told Director Department of State that Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald have a weapon. Go see him.

Signed Sergevy Csornonoh

U S Passport D027000

Select Committee On Assassinations told me to write letter to Embassy in early 1977.

Robert: The following documents at NARA provide some contextual material.

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/9241/jfksnew.txt

Edited by Robert Howard

Hi Bill,

Okay Tom,

Here you go.

BK

I have seen a lot of JFK Documents in my time researching, and after all these years it seems to make one sort of jaded when you see something that

would have been an ersatz profoundly important document had it been declassified in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.The following

document is certainly an example of that type of document.

My reaction to it, is that the document raises more questions than it answers, and reminds me of the Anton Erdinger case in Germany, which seems to have been

suppressed by the media in the United States after the assassination.

The obvious reaction to the document would be to see if Ambassador Tom Blackshear was ever questioned about the incident; I also discovered

that there is a A.T. "Gus" Blackshear who is/was a member of the Houston office of Fulbright and Jaworski, which leads me to have my doubts

about the veracity of the allegations in the document.

Not to mention the fact, that if one takes Czornonoh's claims literally, he knew everything about all the major assassinations of the 1960's

excepting that of Senator Robert F Kennedy in 1968.

Sergyj Czornonoh

1106 11th Street

Embassy of U.S.S.R.

1125 - 16th Street

Washington, D.C.

Dear Sir: This is a retyped letter from handwritten

to report.

Signed Sergevy Csornonoh

U S Passport D027000

Robert: The following documents at NARA provide some contextual material.

http://www.nara.gov/...241/jfksnew.txt

Although compared to the former, the other document I recently discovered seems to have a window of hope for a look into

who really wrote "Were We Controlled," the ultimate MKULTRA conspiracy, albeit one whose central premise was that,

in addition to Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald, Tino de Angelis seems the weak link, in retrospect,

although the Great Salad Oil Swindle definitely was an area that was compelling see Ira Haupt Co., bankruptcy, etc.

The CIA document below may be just another curveball, but for those with an ability to think outside the box,

maybe something can be salvaged, even if it is proving a deliberate false trail.

Damon Runyon Jr., Lincoln Lawrence & John Forth Amory?

NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY REQUEST FOR JOHN FORTH AMORY

Oswald 201 File

104-10300-10357

Case No. 75 149 - 1433 31 May 1967

General:

At New York, N.Y.:

(New York Public Library, Main Office)

"AMORY, John Forth, Around the Edge of War: A New Approach to the

Problems of American Foreign Policy 1st Ed. New York, C.N. Potter, 185 P Appl Author:

Drysdale Roche Gibson Assoc., Inc., © John Forth

Amory; 28 November, 1961; - A625326"

The above record did not indicate that a psyudonym was used by the author.

On 29 May 1967, it was ascertained that the Copyright Division of the Library of Congress

contains a listing of the true names of all authors who have filed for copyright protection

of their books.

The New York Library had no information concerning Lincoln Lawrence.

written: Inquiry at Library of Congress also negative.

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=54983

[Dean Gibson was the Gibson in Drysdale Roche Gibson Assoc., Inc., ]

The following URL confirms the information transmitted in this CIA document is correct

See google books title Catalog of Copyright Entries. Third Series: 1963: January-June

By Library of Congress. Copyright Office

Robert: As I tried to discover any type of link on the internet between Lincoln Lawrence and

John Forth Amory, I ran across the following which provided an answer, but not the answer.

One issue not long ago featured an article explaining the difference between a "write-in" and a "walk-in." (Both are volunteer spies: the terms apply to the way in which they offer their services.) The article, entitled " A Classic Write-In Case," was a study of Captain Stephan Kalman, a Czech Army officer who in 1936 betrayed secrets to the German High Command until he was caught and hanged.

"The agent of an adversary service," the article begins, "or a person high in an adversary bureaucracy, if he wishes to make contact with another intelligence or security service, can choose from a number of different means. He can present himself physically as a walk-in. He can use an intermediary in order to retain some control, especially with respect to his own identity. He can send a messenger, make a phone call, or establish a radio contact. Or he can simply write a letter, anonymous or signed."

After detailing the story of Kalman's treachery, the CIA publication, under the headline "Moral of the Story," asks: "What conclusions can be drawn from the Kalman case?

... One conclusion derives from positive and negative aspects of the Czech performance with respect to security. Security applies on every echelon of command. There is no place for laxness, even if it may seem overbureaucratic and ridiculous. The application of security measures has to be executed precisely in every detail. There is no place for overconfidence in friends and old acquaintances. That Kalman, with his alien loyalties, came to be trusted with sensitive materials is evidence of such overconfidence."

A discerning CIA reader might come to suspect that, all in all, Intelligence Articles' academic objectivity leaves something to be desired. Another excerpt worth quoting in this respect is from the magazine's review of a book *7 that presented ideas about foreign policy not at all to the liking of the CIA reviewer. For one thing, the book suggested that the CIA is ineffective.

After noting that the book was written under the pseudonym "John Forth Amory," the equally anonymous CIA reviewer concludes:

"If his identity is worth a search, one might look for a fervent Jeffersonian and F. D. Rooseveltian who has some bookish knowledge of the United States Government and of big business and who entertains a particular sympathy for Indonesians, having had opportunities to discuss with them their philosophy of social change -- a neoacademic sort, probably juvenile or with development arrested at the simplistic stage, possibly an instructor in some local college course for fledgling foreign service officers."

If the CIA has its cloistered advantages for the scholar at Langley, there are hazards for agents in the field. Espionage is a dangerous business and some of the CIA's clandestine employees crack under the pressure. (Even at Langley, there are strains. One deputy director drove himself so hard, he had to be transferred to a less demanding post overseas.)

Many CIA employees, working irregular hours in odd corners of the globe, suffer from what the agency itself calls "motivational exhaustion." A CIA report to the House Armed Services Committee in 1963 explained:

"This term is used to describe a gradual lessening of interest and enthusiasm of an officer as a result of impingements on his personal and family life. These stem from the transient nature of his assignments, the complications and restrictions of security requirements and intrusions on his family life."

The agency has a fairly high rate of suicides, which usually get little attention outside of the Washington newspapers. In October, 1959, for example, a thirty-two-year-old CIA employee and his wife, just back from a two-year tour of duty in Germany, jumped into the Potomac River rapids in a suicide pact.

The CIA man, James A. Woodbury, drowned, but his blond wife was pulled out. Police quoted her as saying her husband had a lot on his mind. "They wanted to put him in a psycho ward," she said, "and we figured it best to do away with ourselves." The police said Mrs. Woodbury would not elaborate on her reference to "they."

Despite the risks, CIA employees have no job security. Under the 1947 law they can be fired by the director "in his discretion" with no appeal. In at least one instance, this led to a series of embarrassing disclosures about the agency's operations and personnel.

On January 30, 1961, Dulles fired a veteran CIA intelligence officer and contact specialist named John Torpats, who then went into Federal Court seeking reinstatement. Dulles filed an answer urging the case be thrown out. In the course of it, Dulles stated that "George B. Carey," an assistant director of the CIA, had notified "Emmet Echols," the director of personnel, that Torpats was allowed to discuss his case with "Ralph Poole" and "Fred Lott," both assistants to Echols.

Torpats decided if Dulles could name names, so could he. In an affidavit filed June 30, 1961, in answer to the CIA director, Torpats said:

"In early 1956 a situation had developed in a European mission of CIA which my then area superiors, Frank G. Wisner, Richard Helms, John M. Maury, Jr., and N. M. Anikeeff, felt had been mishandled by the personnel of the mission. The mission reports were considered to be unsatisfactory in our component. My superiors felt that I could handle the problem more effectively and expeditiously and decided to send me to do it. The principal figures in this particular mission were Mr. Tracy Barnes, Mr. Thomas Parrott and Mr. Paul Losher. At the time of my separation, Mr. Barnes and Mr. Parrott were employed by the Agency in the Washington, D.C., office.

"Notice was given to the mission in April of 1956 that I was being sent over. I was given no special instructions before I left; I was to be on my own. The mission had sent a report on the problem which I later proved was incorrect. Had the mission report been followed, it would have done incalculable harm to the United States.

"When I finished my assignment, for which I received several commendations from headquarters, but before I could file my report, Mr. Barnes, on a complaint by Mr. Parrott, put me under house arrest; ordered an investigation, shipped me home; cabled charges against me to headquarters with a demand that I be fired."

The ousted CIA man then detailed a long history of his case as it dragged on through the agency bureaucracy for several years. He said one charge against him was that he had disobeyed a high CIA official in the office of the DDP "and visited a station contrary to his orders."

In addition, Torpats said, a CIA fitness report claimed he had an "inability to handle agents" and "total lack of objectivity where Estonian emigre matters are concerned." He said he was transferred out of the Clandestine Services and eventually fired.

Dulles angrily filed an answer to Torpats on July 2, citing an old Civil War case to support his contention that employees of secret services cannot air their grievances in court. Torpats, Dulles said,

"understood that the nature of his work was secret, and that the disclosure of his duties and the names of fellow employees would not be in the best interest of his government. Moreover, he swore, as a condition of his employment that he would never reveal such information."

If CIA employees can go into court every time they feel they are treated unfairly, said Dulles, it would be no way to run an espionage apparatus.

"Operation of the Central Intelligence Agency, with liability to publicity in this way," he said, "would be impossible."

Even CIA employees who make it to the top can look forward to little overt recognition after their long years of service. President Kennedy, speaking to CIA employees at Langley on November 28, 1961, told them:

"Your successes are unheralded -- your failures are trumpeted."

From The Invisible Government - David Wise at

http://www.bibliotec...ecretgov_5g.htm

Also see page 161 of

A Hitchhiker's Guide to Armageddon By David Hatcher Childress

Torpats, N F Anikeef, Tracy Barnes, Dulles....?

My guess is that the real identity of Lincoln Lawrence is not really the issue as much as the ultimate

conclusion that "Were We Controlled" was a very sophisticated, or, not very sophisticated disinformation project, depending on ones point of view, that traces back to the individuals Torpat's named......

Edited by Robert Howard