The Education Forum

headshot head movements

This seems to have slowed down for now. I made a serious mistake in publicly admonishing Bill (and I suppose assuming I even have a right to) over what I realise now to be a misinterpretation on my part.

excuses? I have thenm but they are irrelevant because it is ultimately my responsibility for what I choose to post.

I apologise unreservedly to Bill. I believe he was simply being 'chatty'. And even if he wasn't, as this is an investigation which involves solely technical data interpretation, I don't (and should at all times) care whether I'm discussing it with a grumpy misogynist or prince charming. Fortunately for myself, my projected selfimage is sufficiently irrelevant to be able to, when I remember to do so, give my ego a swift kick in the butt before sitting down to the keyboard.

As I said in a reply to an email you had sent me ... don't think anything of it - I didn't. You should always call it as you see it - I do.

Bill

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear, Bill.

look at the profile of the top of the head and how its illuminated

best at full screen on continmuous loop so you can catch it, you have to orient yourself first, staring at jackie, before moving on to the top profile of jacks head looking at the illumination and visualise the head shape responsible

MORE TO CONSIDER:

Z305 AND Z306 - The illusion of head turning between frames

The first two dissolving animations show the steady rotation of the limo

Two frames broken down into nine increments ...

post-1084-1147425416_thumb.gif

.... with every other dissolving frame removed ...

post-1084-1147425433_thumb.gif

Z305 and Z306 without any dissolving frames in between. The rotation of the limo and blurring (spatial) gives a false impression that the President has just suddenly turned his head to the left.

post-1084-1147425447_thumb.gif

Edited by Bill Miller

very nice, Bill. Makes it easy to understand and taking into account changes in limo direction and also>

I wonder just how much of the widening of the dark edge of the grass as the limo descends is due to the vertical rotation and whether or not there is some movement component in the direction of Zapruder?

___

(also I wonder whether there is some kind of simple logging in some list/ tabl;e format that could be done to locate each frame, so that one could say to someone, 'I think the proper alignment of 380 say is at x, y, z,? just a thought to see if there are any ideas. some kind of coordinate references)

It's interesting that as one gains a deeper understanding of the (any film really) some illusions drop off. Eventually I think it possible to see it in a new way and we'll see how many illusions have been sustained by an incorrect understanding,.

One thing seems certain to me is that a static screen 'lies'. Perhaps the proper screen is a contracting and expanding spherical bubble on to which the scene is projected indide from Z's vantage point in the way he moved. Anyweway that's theoretical, and for the frames in question not necessary

but the rotation both left to right, and up and down are definitely a significant factor between frames. Left right more so of course.

I've done an initial experiment with lowering each frame by a fixed amount (in that instance 4 pixels per frame) and the natural look, feel achieved is nice. Some sense of unrreality drops away.

Edited by John Dolva

redundant as it's reproduced in reply below

Edited by John Dolva

MORE TO CONSIDER:

Z305 AND Z306 - The illusion of head turning between frames

]

Z305 and Z306 without any dissolving frames in between. The rotation of the limo and blurring (spatial) gives a false impression that the President has just suddenly turned his head to the left.

post-1084-1147425447_thumb.gif

If one uses thje program linked to for download in Decoding 313

xyz axis angles according to this table with the kerb set at level, then one gets a very close match to the profile when taking into account the nose ear and back of head, then all other features, head angles etc match, except for the fore head..puzzling..until one looks more closely at this area in color one finds this outlined by a gradient of color, so the rapidly changing aspect of the forehead as compared to the side of the head, creates a plane with illumination gradient not that easy to differentiate, but it's there. Don't believe?...look.

So, one then needs to correct all this by knowing the fall of the street, and the rotational components as outined to get an accurate view of what the head would have looked like had it not been shot. That then would be the standard againsrt which to compare the derived outline of 313 head. I think doable.

One needs the angle between the horizontal and the camera lens as well for this frame.

These heads then can be rotated to get a view from all the other directions of the plaza.

just as a rough example here is a view of from the underpass, head on to the limo,All this can be refined to a degree of precision once one has the relevant angles.

here is a simple gif demonstrating a rough 3d model of the upper half of a head that is moved diagonally down in a shallow arc without being turned or tilted. As can be seen, a wrong reading can be had of the movement on a static screen,, perhaps interpreting an impulse that does not exist. (see animation bottom left with the three heads superimposed.)

Would not the fall of the street (3%) matter only if Zapruder kept his camera on the same horizontal plane? Also, the head turn between frames would still occur even if the car was moving left to right on a perfectly flat street and in a straight line - would it not?

Bill

look at and read post 88 and 89

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...indpost&p=61965

in the clip the last frame in the cycle is 312, if you put the clip on continuous loop with full screen you can keep track of 312 by noting the tuft of hair on the crown of the head and the brownish blotching above the head. I haven't calculated the vertical rotation and deliberately slightly overemphasised to illustrate, but it should be obvious. look at the seat back top and you can see both the vertical and the horizontal rotation.

Edited by John Dolva

in the clip the last frame in the cycle is 312, if you put the clip on continuous loop with full screen you can keep track of 312 by noting the tuft of hair on the crown of the head and the brownish blotching above the head. I haven't calculated the vertical rotation and deliberately slightly overemphasised to illustrate, but it should be obvious. look at the seat back top and you can see both the vertical and the horizontal rotation.

I'd have to defer this off to Craig Lamson because I suspect that the lens Zapruder used is causing some of this movement between those two frames by his moving his camera.

My thoughts exactly, his expertise is essential here. Hopefully with detail on consideration on how to compensate/factor in for the various factors he will mention.In this image one can see the outline of aligned frames that indicate how z tilted panned and corrected all going together to produce the various distortions Craig so eloquently has described elsewhere.

I'd have to defer this off to Craig Lamson because I suspect that the lens Zapruder used is causing some of this movement between those two frames by his moving his camera.

I seem to recall John Costella going over all of this during the Univ of Minn Zapruder Film Symposium... and no, its not lens distortion

Edited by David G. Healy

Thank you for input, David.

an attempt at compensation as I understand so far, note shoulder, shadow, angle of head crown, ear...

those who have been following may begin to see the importance of this.

just how much did Kennedy's head move 'forward'? I know the stock answer is 2 inches...I wonder

Edited by John Dolva

I seem to recall John Costella going over all of this during the Univ of Minn Zapruder Film Symposium... and no, its not lens distortion

David, seeing how you seem to remember what Costella didn't say, then do you recall specifically what Costella said about it? Did it start out something like this .... "Scientists believe that the forgers created the images by first ...."?

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

here is a simple gif demonstrating a rough 3d model of the upper half of a head that is moved diagonally down in a shallow arc without

being turned or tilted. As can be seen, a wrong reading can be had of the movement on a static screen,, perhaps interpreting an impulse that does not exist. (see animation bottom left with the three heads superimposed.)

just how much did Kennedy's

head move 'forward'? I know

the stock answer is 2 inches...I wonder

an attempt at compensation

as I understand so far, note

shoulder, shadow, angle of

head crown, ear...

PS::if

this is approaching a correct

view then a sideissue

would be to look at the xrays

some fracture lines

seem to match

Edited by John Dolva

PS::if

this is approaching a correct

view then a sideissue

would be to look at the xrays

some fracture lines

seem to match

Who's Xrays are you planning to match? JFK's alleged Xrays don't match his head wound. One key example would be that the entire right eye socket area is blasted away and yet Kennedy's face hasn't a scratch on it.

Edited by Bill Miller