The Education Forum

JFK Grand Jury

Dave Perry has sent the following message:

John, Why can't Dave Perry post his own comments?

An attempt was made to convene a Grand Jury back in 1992 by the late Joe West. And West's "basis for legal action" was much more succinct and to the point than Kelly's.

DAVE, NOW I KNOW I'M ONTO SOMETHING WHEN I GET YOUR ATTENTION. MY BASIS FOR LEGAL ACTION HAS YET TO MAKE ANY POINTS - I DIDN'T GET THERE YET. THERE'S MUCH MORE TO COME, THAT'S JUST ME SAYING HELLO.

The District Attorney is the one responsible for submitting the evidence to the Grand Jury that is made up of ordinary citizens. If they feel the evidence warrants an indictment they will issue one. West's petition was filed in the Dallas County District Court and handled by Thomas Keever - Assistant District Attorney for Dallas County. See No. 92-10500-H Joe H. West v. Dr. Jeffrey J. Barnard in his official capacity as a Dallas County Medical Examiner.

JOE WEST IS DEAD. HE GAVE IT A GOOD SHOT. I GUESS IF THE PETITON WAS HANDED OVER TO DR. BERNARD, THEN IT CONCERNED THE MEDICAL EVIDENCE. THAT IS ONLY A SMALL PART OF OUR PETITION-REQUEST - THOUGH AN IMPORATNT ONE THAT WILL RESULT IN NEW FORENSIC AUTOPSIES.

The petition failed in part because claiming one is a "researcher"

WHAT DOES CLAIMING ONE IS A RESEARCHER HAVE TO DO WITH IT? WHY WOULD ANYONE CLAIM TO BE A RESEARCHER?

with appropriate evidence

APPROPRIATE EVIDENCE IS AVAILABLE

and proving it are two different things. Barnard countered by denying each and every allegation contained in West's 11 page petition. Barnard demanded "strict proof thereof" and West could not provide it.

I GUESS THEY NEED STRICT PROOF THAT A CRIME WAS COMMITTED AT ALL.

WELL I'M GLAD I'M NOT DEPENDING ON JOE WEST OR DR. BARNARD FOR ANYTHING. WILL DAVE PERRY OR SOMEONE WITH COPY PLEASE POST WEST'S 11 PAGE PETITION SO WE CAN SEE WHAT SUCCINCT IS?

WE HAVE A TEAM OF A HALF-DOZEN - AND GROWING LAWYERS AND PROSECUTORS WHO WILL ENSURE THAT THE PETITION IS LEGAL, FACTUAL AND ACCEPTED, IF NOT IN DALLAS OR TEXAS, THEN IN FEDERAL COURT, OR IN NEW ORLEANS, OR SOME OTHER JURISDICTION WHERE TRUTH AND JUSTICE WILL BE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD.

THE GRAND JURY PROJECT HAS BEEN IN PROGRESS FOR YEARS, AND IS NOT JUST A BUNCH OF 'RESEARCHERS' SITTING AROUND A CAMP FIRE SAYING, HEY, LET'S DO THIS, RAH RAH.

IN FACT, THE GRAND JURY PROJECT IS JUST ONE OF A NUMBER OF LEGAL AVENUES WE ARE PURSING WITH THE GOAL OF OBTAINING MORE AND NEW WITNESS TESTIMONY UNDER OATH - INCLUDING CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS ON CLASSIFIED RECORDS ISSUES, A CIVIL SUIT, RICO ALA CHRISTIC INSTITUTE, AND A FEW OTHERS THAT I DON'T WANT TO TIP OUR HAND SO THAT WIM, PERRY AND THE DEBUNKERS CAN RUN INTERFERENCE.

ONE AVENUE IS THE MOCK GRAND JURY - WHICH WE WERE GOING TO DO IN DC BUT MAYBE WE'LL DO IT IN DALLAS - AND SHOW THE FOLKS THERE WHAT A REAL GRAND JURY CAN DO - HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT THE REAL EVIDENCE IS.

I DO LIKE jOE WEST AND DUKE'S APPROACH HOWEVER - IDENTIFYING AN ASSISTANT DA AND CONVINCING ONE PERSON FIRST - BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN IN TX UNTIL IT HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE, THEN THE TEXICANS WILL START BELLYACHING ABOUT THEIR JURISTICTION.

ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT A GRAND JURY IS THAT IT ONLY ACCEPTS EVIDENCE OF CRIME AND NOT EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE - OR CROSS EXAMINATION - WHICH LEAVES DAVE AND THE DEBUNKERS ON THE SIDELINES UNTIL THE ACTION SHIFTS TO REGULAR COURT OF LAW.

BILL KELLY

BKJFK3@YAHOO.COM

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUKE WROTE:

If you stand any chance of having this petition be successful and not laughed out of court (so to speak), might I suggest that you supress some of the more ridiculous comments that people have added, and that you stick to a very narrow script such that you don't end up tying the JFK assassination to everything that's come along since, from the Vietnam War to the high price of gasoline?

BK: Duke, the final petition will contain the names and addresses of those who sign on - sans commentary, and it will stick to a very narrow script - and Vietnam and gasoline will not be mentioned, I promise.

I wonder, even, at the wisdom of trying to get a large number of signatories to the petition

BK: As I mentioned earlier, getting thousands of sigs is not our goal, but to get recognizable and PHd, Esq., etc. will help in getting the attention of a serious DA.

since many will want, most likely, to make some contribution to what eventually finds its way to a DA, which would include each's pet theory on how the mob/CIA/right wing/USSS/FBI/USSR/Cuba/Jim Files/Roscoe White did it ... to the point where there'd be so many directions to look that there wouldn't be any direction to go ... or half the world would be indicted!

If you wonder why nobody has been willing to act, perhaps it's because of all the nutty theories out there ... and the nuts who propound them!

BK: I Don't have to wonder why nobody has been willing to act, especially in Texas, and its not because of the nutty theories out there,or who propounds them, or who listens to them, it's the systematic control of the system by those who don't want the total truth to come out. Richard Sprague, a real prosecutor, wasn't, isn't intimidated by all the nutty theories. Those with the authority to act - DAs, don't do it because of the nuts, but because of those with the real power - and what they did to Sprague and Garrison and anyone who make the real effort. That's why we are keeping the names of our attorneys confidential for the time being.

Be careful whom you associate with this and what you allow them to say,

BK: The lone-nuts are comming out of the woodwork already. I'll be carefull, Duke. Especially Dave Perry.

and keep the superfluous comments to a bare, bare minimum.

As if you asked for - or I'm allowed to give - any advice!!

BK: Thanks for your advice Duke. And don't worry, we're not depending on Texas justice anytime soon.

Dave Perry has sent the following message:

John, Why can't Dave Perry post his own comments?

An attempt was made to convene a Grand Jury back in 1992 by the late Joe West. And West's "basis for legal action" was much more succinct and to the point than Kelly's.

DAVE, NOW I KNOW I'M ONTO SOMETHING WHEN I GET YOUR ATTENTION. MY BASIS FOR LEGAL ACTION HAS YET TO MAKE ANY POINTS - I DIDN'T GET THERE YET. THERE'S MUCH MORE TO COME, THAT'S JUST ME SAYING HELLO.

The District Attorney is the one responsible for submitting the evidence to the Grand Jury that is made up of ordinary citizens. If they feel the evidence warrants an indictment they will issue one. West's petition was filed in the Dallas County District Court and handled by Thomas Keever - Assistant District Attorney for Dallas County. See No. 92-10500-H Joe H. West v. Dr. Jeffrey J. Barnard in his official capacity as a Dallas County Medical Examiner.

JOE WEST IS DEAD. HE GAVE IT A GOOD SHOT. I GUESS IF THE PETITON WAS HANDED OVER TO DR. BERNARD, THEN IT CONCERNED THE MEDICAL EVIDENCE. THAT IS ONLY A SMALL PART OF OUR PETITION-REQUEST - THOUGH AN IMPORATNT ONE THAT WILL RESULT IN NEW FORENSIC AUTOPSIES.

The petition failed in part because claiming one is a "researcher"

WHAT DOES CLAIMING ONE IS A RESEARCHER HAVE TO DO WITH IT? WHY WOULD ANYONE CLAIM TO BE A RESEARCHER?

with appropriate evidence

APPROPRIATE EVIDENCE IS AVAILABLE

and proving it are two different things. Barnard countered by denying each and every allegation contained in West's 11 page petition. Barnard demanded "strict proof thereof" and West could not provide it.

I GUESS THEY NEED STRICT PROOF THAT A CRIME WAS COMMITTED AT ALL.

WELL I'M GLAD I'M NOT DEPENDING ON JOE WEST OR DR. BARNARD FOR ANYTHING. WILL DAVE PERRY OR SOMEONE WITH COPY PLEASE POST WEST'S 11 PAGE PETITION SO WE CAN SEE WHAT SUCCINCT IS?

WE HAVE A TEAM OF A HALF-DOZEN - AND GROWING LAWYERS AND PROSECUTORS WHO WILL ENSURE THAT THE PETITION IS LEGAL, FACTUAL AND ACCEPTED, IF NOT IN DALLAS OR TEXAS, THEN IN FEDERAL COURT, OR IN NEW ORLEANS, OR SOME OTHER JURISDICTION WHERE TRUTH AND JUSTICE WILL BE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD.

THE GRAND JURY PROJECT HAS BEEN IN PROGRESS FOR YEARS, AND IS NOT JUST A BUNCH OF 'RESEARCHERS' SITTING AROUND A CAMP FIRE SAYING, HEY, LET'S DO THIS, RAH RAH.

IN FACT, THE GRAND JURY PROJECT IS JUST ONE OF A NUMBER OF LEGAL AVENUES WE ARE PURSING WITH THE GOAL OF OBTAINING MORE AND NEW WITNESS TESTIMONY UNDER OATH - INCLUDING CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS ON CLASSIFIED RECORDS ISSUES, A CIVIL SUIT, RICO ALA CHRISTIC INSTITUTE, AND A FEW OTHERS THAT I DON'T WANT TO TIP OUR HAND SO THAT WIM, PERRY AND THE DEBUNKERS CAN RUN INTERFERENCE.

ONE AVENUE IS THE MOCK GRAND JURY - WHICH WE WERE GOING TO DO IN DC BUT MAYBE WE'LL DO IT IN DALLAS - AND SHOW THE FOLKS THERE WHAT A REAL GRAND JURY CAN DO - HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT THE REAL EVIDENCE IS.

I DO LIKE jOE WEST AND DUKE'S APPROACH HOWEVER - IDENTIFYING AN ASSISTANT DA AND CONVINCING ONE PERSON FIRST - BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN IN TX UNTIL IT HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE, THEN THE TEXICANS WILL START BELLYACHING ABOUT THEIR JURISTICTION.

ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT A GRAND JURY IS THAT IT ONLY ACCEPTS EVIDENCE OF CRIME AND NOT EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE - OR CROSS EXAMINATION - WHICH LEAVES DAVE AND THE DEBUNKERS ON THE SIDELINES UNTIL THE ACTION SHIFTS TO REGULAR COURT OF LAW.

BILL KELLY

BKJFK3@YAHOO.COM

I'm with you, Bill. Well said.

One query re the Dave Perry message. When he states, "Barnard demanded strict proof thereof and West could not provide it" does that mean the evidence accepted by the Grand Jury will be subject to high standards of proof?.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Friends of mine have broached this in general conversation over the past year or two. There certaintly something more than the regular cycling of a JFK seminar or symposium every other year, etc. These are interesting but when all go home there is very little or no follow up.

Some of us, taking a leaf from the lunnies who propogate "Intelligence Design" to slip religion via the back door into the classroom,. have proposed that we do what Kelly' proposes and insist that textbooks now give equal time to the soundly reasoned arguments that Oswald did not shot JFK. Places to begin this might best be with Texas boards of education and the California school systems.

Friends of mine have broached this in general conversation over the past year or two. There certaintly something more than the regular cycling of a JFK seminar or symposium every other year, etc. These are interesting but when all go home there is very little or no follow up.

Some of us, taking a leaf from the lunnies who propogate "Intelligence Design" to slip religion via the back door into the classroom,. have proposed that we do what Kelly' proposes and insist that textbooks now give equal time to the soundly reasoned arguments that Oswald did not shot JFK. Places to begin this might best be with Texas boards of education and the California school systems.

Hello Prof. McKnight,

And thank you for preserving Harold's legacy and your wonderful book on the WC.

I too am tired of attending conferences that go nowhere. The Grand Jury Project began at a COPA conference in Dallas some years ago, and hopefully there will be a conference someday where we can just celebrate the truth and toast justice.

As someone trained to be a teacher of history at the Unvierstiy of Dayton School of Education, I think its important to bring new students into the case, as you can certainly learn something at every curve, but I have less faith in the Texas board of education than I do in their legal system. Certainly the death penalty and all the death row inmates in Texas didn't stop them from killing jfk. And if co-conspirators were indicted by a grand jury and convicted in a court of law, I'm sure it wouldn't make the Texas history books until it really is history, and not an unsolved homicide, with confederates running free.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

THE JFK ASSASSINATION – BASIS FOR LEGAL ACTION. – By William Kelly – bkjfk3@yahoo.com

It is a myth that the assassination of President Kennedy will always remain an enduring mystery. Though justice may never be served, the murder of John F. Kenney is not an unsolvable crime, but rather a homicide that can be solved to a moral and legal certainty.

To keep people questioning, to allow multiple theories to abound, to let time slip away and drag on before applying the basic and routine legal procedures for investigating and solving such a crime is only a reflection of the institutional unwillingness, resistance and refusal to challenge the powers that took over the government on November 22, 1963.

The feeling of citizen helplessness is reflected in the subtitle of the book by one of the living victims of the same criminals – James Tague, whose book is called The Truth Withheld – A Survivor’s Story – Why We Will Never Know the Truth About the Assassination. But those responsible for JFK’s murder win and go free only if they die before being exposed, and escape justice.

The reason for the Congressional law that established the “50 year rule” on the classification of all Congressional documents is that is the amount of time it is estimated for the people mentioned in the documents to be dead. Since it is not yet 50 years after the assassination of President Kennedy, some of those suspects are therefore still alive.

It is simply not true that the murder of JFK will forever remain a mystery, and we’ll never know the truth, since thanks to the JFK Act, we have most of the evidence, the documentary records and witness testimony in the public domain.

Despite the institutional unwillingness to make the effort to solve the crime, a strong regiment of independent researchers, determined investigators, honest witnesses and ordinary citizens have taken upon themselves to determine the truth, solve the crime, but justice has yet to take its course.

“We need not accept (the) view that mankind…..is doomed,” JFK said in his landmark June 10, 1963 ‘Peace Speech’ at American University. We need not accept, “that we are gripped by forces we cannot control…Our problems are manmade – therefore, they can be solved by man….No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man’s reason and spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable – and we believe man can do it again.”

American political assassinations and murders were committed by men, and therefore can be solved by men, if only the effort to do so is taken to do so. However belatedly, there has been a new trend to at least attempt to resolve the civil rights and political murders of the 1960s, with the assassination of Medgar Evers, the murders of the Philadelphia, Mississippi Freedom Riders, the York, Pennsylvania race riot killings, and the MLK assassination civil trial have all utilized the judicial system to solve crimes that were thought to be untouchable a decade ago.

The assassination of President Kennedy was not an accident of history or an act of God, but the act of man, and men can solve the crime if only the effort is made to do so.

Whether the accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman as the official report alleges or a patsy as he claimed, he was a former U.S. Marine who worked with the U2 program in Japan, was trained in the Russian language, defected to the USSR, returned with a Russian wife, reportedly took a pot shot at General Walker, participated in covert Cuban operations in New Orleans and Mexico City, and fits the covert operative profile that makes the assassination a covert intelligence operation. As former Senator Richard Schweikder (R. Pa.) put it, the case has “the fingerprints of intelligence.”

Just because covert operations are designed to conceal the actual perpetuators doesn’t mean that they can’t be exposed, identified and brought to justice, just as other, similar covert crimes have been exposed – Watergate, Iran-Contra and the assassination of the former Chilean ambassador to the U.S. in Washington.

How can ordinary citizens force the hand of an entrenched judicial system? An examination of how the assassination of Medgar Evers and the other civil rights murders of the 1960s were resolved presents a legal road map to follow, and one of the first stops on the way to justice is the grand jury.

“As a general policy,” former Justice Department official Ben Civiletti testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) in its last session, “the Department of Justice seldom turns down at least exploring, or reviewing a petition or reasonable request,…(and)…to some extent it becomes a matter of public will…but also a matter of judgment that falls within the duties of any particular department or agency of government…as to how far questions…can be explored to a useful or fruitful purpose.”

Well, besides determining the truth and seeking justice, it would be useful and fruitful to determine who killed President Kennedy, why they did it, and how they accomplished it, so such a thing can never happen again. If the assassination of Medgar Evers was immediately pursued and justice resolved, President Kennedy would not have been killed in the same way, and if JFK’s assassination was properly resolved immediately, RFK and MLK probably would never have died the way the did.

Political assassination remain an effective tool for controlling policy only because the true perpetuators of these crimes are permitted to remain hidden in the background, pulling the strings of the puppets and moving the pawns as they have for centuries. The assassination of President Kennedy has maintained its watershed mark as the single most significant political event of the past century because it remains unresolved. Despite the tremendous amount of information that is now available, it remains an unresolved enigma and unsolved cold case homicide because there is no institutional willingness, motive or desire to simply solve it.

Unsolved cold cases, especially homicides, are reviewed every few years, sometimes by a new detective who looks over old evidence to see if there is anything that has been overlooked, or if there is any previously unknown evidence or witnesses, or recently developed scientific tools that could be used to help solve the crime. There is no statute of limitations on murder, under the rules of criminal procedure homicide is given precedence over all other crimes, and once accumulated, the evidence in a homicide is presented to a grand jury

Independent researchers, journalists and ordinary citizens can identify evidence, uncover conspiracies and witness crimes, but if there is no case, no grand jury, no place to present the evidence, then there is no justice. As Mr. Civiletti explained to the HSCA, the DOJ “seldom turns down exploring at least, or reviewing a petition or reasonable request…”

Towards the development of a legal case, the grand jury Petition-Request is a citizen’s petition to a District Attorney responsible for prosecuting offenders to request a grand jury be convened to review the facts of a case and determine if there is enough evidence to indict someone for a crime.

A grand jury is asked to decide, not guilt or innocence, but whether there is enough evidence to have a person brought to trial for a crime. The grand jury only hears evidence of guilt, but does not render a verdict. Its decision is whether to indict, which is merely an accusation, or not to indict. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law; where the rules of evidence preclude hearsay evidence and allows the defense attorney the opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. Hearsay is allowed, and witnesses must testify before a grand jury without counsel, as all attorneys other than the prosecutor are not permitted in the grand jury room.

If the grand jury determines there is enough evidence, they vote a “True Bill” and indict someone for a crime.

The DA can simply ignore such a citizen’s petition and request and not present the evidence to a grand jury, or even if a grand jury votes to indict, it is still up to the DA to issue the indictment and proceed to take the matter to court.

The Grand Jury process, which stems from English Cannon law, has been refined by the United States Constitutional system as an extension of the prosecutor’s will, though historically the grand jury can investigate official corruption, review and develop evidence, attempt to answer questions, subpoena records and witnesses, order forensic autopsies and specialized tests and follow the evidence where ever it leads.

While grand juries composed of ordinary American citizens do not have the knowledge of the history and powers of a grand jury, and are often merely tools of the prosecutors, sometimes a prosecutor will lose control of a grand jury that begins to ask questions and make requests of its own. Such a grand jury is called a “Runaway Grand Jury,” and often goes beyond the original intent of the prosecutors, such as the Rocky Mountain Flats Runaway Grand Jury. When the Colorado prosecutors refused to issued the indictments against major defense contractors for environmental contamination, the grand jury leaked its report to the press [see: Westword Rocky Mountain Flats ]

The previous reluctance of district attorneys to prosecute political assassinations, especially decades old crimes, is being overcome by new, young and diversified blood in official positions of authority. Although those District Attorneys at the top of their profession know that investigating political assassinations is detrimental to furthering their careers, and witnessed what happened to New Orleans DA Jim Garrison, there is a younger generation of assistant prosecutors who look upon solving such major crimes as an achievement that will advance their future careers.

Former HSCA attorney, Dean Browning Webb, Esq., who specializes in RICO litigation, said that such indictments are possible and that, “I am especially interested in developing an approach to seek indictments of those who conspired to murder the President.”

“I believe that a prosecution is feasible,” says Webb, “especially when invoking the Pinkerton Doctrine,” which holds that “a person associated with a conspiracy culpable for any criminal act committed by a co-conspirator if the act is within the scope of the conspiracy and is a foreseeable result of the criminal scheme.” Agency theory holds that “all conspirators act as the agent or represent the other conspirators involved in the criminal scheme, and are liable for all criminal acts committed by the other conspirators.”

Another reason that District Attorneys are reluctant to investigate and prosecute political assassination, besides opposing the criminal effort behind the murder, is the effort and manpower it takes to solve it, which takes away from the normal, day-to-day prosecutions that the District Attorney is also responsible for.

This can be compensated by including the most significant evidence, lists of documents and witnesses, and outstanding questions with the Petition-Request, laying out the case for crimes and conspiracy and reducing the work of the prosecutors. Such a convincing attachment would also help persuade a prosecutor to accept the case and take it to a grand jury.

It will only take one such JFK grand jury, and there are dozens of potential jurisdictions. There are Federal, State and County grand juries, each with many assistant district attorneys who work under the District Attorney, providing dozens of individuals in which to present the Petition Request.

Establishing jurisdiction in any particular district will not be difficult. Although some will argue that it was not a federal crime to kill the president in 1963, it was a federal crime to conspire to kill a federal employee, whether it is a postman or a president.

Besides the local Dallas district, there are Texas State grand juries, as well as the North Texas Federal District court, which is located in Dallas. The reluctance of any Dallas or Texas official to investigate the assassination will probably make other jurisdictions more inviting, New Orleans in particular, where a new District Attorney recently took over from former DA Harry Connick.

Of the dozens of the potential jurisdictions, it will be easiest to convene a Special Federal Grand Jury in Washington D.C., where most of the original evidence is located at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), and the body of the victim can be exhumed for a proper forensic autopsy.

Although conspiracy and homicide are the crimes being investigated, once the grand jury begins to subpoena records and require the sworn testimony of witnesses, other crimes, such as perjury, destruction of evidence, obstruction of justice come into play, and help persuade witnesses to tell the truth.

One aspect of the grand jury proceedings is their secrecy, which prevents the testimony from being made public before a trial. If there are no indictments, and there isn’t a trial, the grand jury could issue a report explaining what it learned and the reasons behind its action or inaction.

Historically, traditionally and legally according to the Constitution of the United States, the evidence in a homicide is presented to a grand jury, which is where the evidence in the murder of John F. Kennedy must go before there can be justice.

“That we live as a nation of laws, and are not a ‘Banana Republic,’” said Warren Commissioner John McCloy, “requires us as individuals and as a society, to purse truth and justice, ‘even if the heaven’s may fall.’”

It is not too late now, but soon, this case will slip slowly from an unsolved homicide to an historical mystery, unless we act now, and present the best evidence in a Petition-Request to convene a special JFK Grand Jury, and let the legal action take its course, wherever it may go.

William E. Kelly, Jr.

Bkjfk3@yahoo.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just tryin' to keep this thread on the "front page"...............

--Thomas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interestingly, long-time Dallas DA Bill Hill has decided not to seek (a shoo-in) re-election, and several candidates are beginning to emerge for next year's election, including one or two judges. More will undoubtedly file in coming months.

I have a friend who is a former Dallas prosecutor, and he and I will be having lunch in the course of the next couple of weeks. Any questions, comments or suggestions that would be beneficial to pursuing this avenue of thought?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good idea, Duke.

--Thomas

The last chance of a real investigation ended when Congressman Gonzales resigned from the HSCA after acting somewhat erratically. I would never want to sound paranoid and accuse CIA of drugging him but we were at war with the Communists and a crippling blow to the Agency might have tipped the balance in favor of the Soviets, or it might not have.

The last chance of a real investigation ended when Congressman Gonzales resigned from the HSCA after acting somewhat erratically. I would never want to sound paranoid and accuse CIA of drugging him but we were at war with the Communists and a crippling blow to the Agency might have tipped the balance in favor of the Soviets, or it might not have.

Hi A.J.,

The Case of Congressman Gonzales is certainly one for the MK/ULTRA files, though of course the powers that be used him to get Richard Sprague, the first chief counsel of the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), who we hope to be the lead prosecutor (with Bob Tannenbaum) for the Mock Grand Jury.

Gonzalas was the second chairman of the HSCA. The first (Tom Downing? of Virginia) was convinced of conspiracy by a private screening of the Zap film, but after getting the Committee going, retired, leaving it to Gonzalas, the Texas Congressman who should have ex-cused himself for being a material witness - he recovered John Connally's clothes and destroyed them as evidence.

When Richard Sprague, the Philadelphia prosecutor who had already successfully prosecuted a political assassination (Lablonski UMW) was appointed chief counsel of the HSCA - the most powerful position after Chairman, he began formal homicide investigations into the murders of JFK and MLK. This, of course, was not going to play out, and the power struggle on the Hill resulted in Gonzalas losing the chairmanship and Sprague being sent back to Philly. Replacing him, G.R. Blakey, began to write a report.

Now we'd like to see what Sprgue could do with a grand jury.

Before getting into that however, I'm having some 70s flashbacks. While I've pretty much met most of the important researchers over the years, this is the first time our paths have crossed. I am familiar with your work, over the years on Dylan and JFK, and wanted to thank you for some early inspirations.

Back in the 70s, unbinded galley proffs of Coup d'etat made it to Dayton, Ohio, where I was going to school. I was doing my thesis on the Bay of Pigs and followed up on a reference in your book re: Julio Fernandez (who Joan Mellen mentions in her new book btw). It was one of my first forays into deep research, and in a way I'm still asking the same questions now as I was then.

Must start a thead on Julio Fernandez.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

In response to those who say that a grand jury cannot be conveined unless there is a known suspect, Susan Brenenr (Uof Dayton School of Law) wrote that :

"Grand juries investigate crimes, not people. So if there is a basis to suspect a crime has been committed, and investigation can be launched even if the name of the perpetrators is not known."

BK

• 3 months later...

Bill,

It might be worth setting up a website detailing the goals of the grand jury. It would be a point from which to start, where people could learn more about the project. As I have learned in the past people won't sign a petition if its just posted on a forum, a certain amount of badgering is required. I posted a petition up around democrat forums and other sites who are interested in political conspiracies and wrongdoing.

You seem to have a few friends with a bit of sway, perhaps use them a bit more for the public relations side of things. Well done on the King grand jury project.

If I were more well versed in web design I would offer my services, ut alas I have no talent in that area.

See organisations such as www.makepovertyhistory.com and www.greenpeace.com who use systems whereby people can simply enter their name and a prewritten email will be sent to their congressman/senator petitioning them about whatever.

I'm from Ireland so I have no such representative to write to.

If I can be of any assisstance in any way just ask. I am considering working in the states this Summer, If you have a reasonably organised network I would love to contribute part time to help out.

Where are you based?

John Geraghty

wereallgointaheavenlads@hotmail.com

Hi John,

Good to hear from you.

And what part of Ireland are you from, and where in the USA will you be visiting?

I am in South Jersey - Atlantic City area, aka the Jersey Shore.

My associates live in DC, where COPA and the COA are located.

As for web sites, I am now the recently appointed Secretary of COPA and am using my position to start a fund raising campaign that will generate funds for the sole purpose of establishing a web site. Rex Bradford, who has the History_matters site, has offered to help, but we haven't made any moves yet.

I see you have a web site yourself that could be expanded.

The Grand Jury project is moving, slowly, but moving. We will be meeting in DC in early June - June 10th is the annual pilgrimage to the site at American University where JFK gave his "Peace Speech," after which we will have lunch and discuss the Grand Jury Projects.

We will also be meeting in Dallas at COPA and deliver our Grand Jury petition and requests to the Federal District Attorney for North Texas, with special guests Susan Brenner, Esq., the dean of the University of Dayton School of Law and foremost authority on grand juries in the country, and Dean Webb, a former HSCA attorney and current federal prosecutor who wants to apply the Pinkerton Doctrine to the JFK assassination. We are also planning on holding and filming a JFK Mock Grand Jury, which would mimic what a real grand jury would do with the real evidence, and educate people about the role of grand juries and the evidence in the assassination.

A web site would surely help, but alas, everybody wants to control everything, and wants money to do every little thing, and I don't know if the internet is the place to bring the evidence, while I know that when we take the evidence to a real grand jury they will have the ability to act on it with subpoenas and indictments.

A web site could be very educational however, and help raise funds for the Mock Grand Jury, and any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Donegal is my favorite place in Ireland, and I hope to get back there someday soon.

All the best,

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly

Hi bill,

I'm a dublin man myself. Your right donegal is lovely, though a bit breezy. I'm not sure where i'm going this Summer, I am on the lookout for an internship somewhere, possibly sixth floor museum or the JFK library. If there were organisations working solely on the JFK assassination or MLk for that matter i would be willing to come over and help out part time or full time. I think it would be a good a way as any to spend the summer.

John

Ah, Yes, Dublin.

Trinity College, the Ginger Man, lived in Balls Bridge for awhile myself.

As for internship, if you decide to do DC, I can help you with a number of connections, although it's kind of hot and mucky in the summer and Congress isn't in session.

If you decide Dallas, I would think Gary Mack at the TSBD could steer your in the right direction.

And BTW, I went out yesterday and paid for a web site that I hope to have up and running soon.

BK

• 2 months later...

Cheers,

I had to bring this thread back at the request of some legal scholars who are taking an interest in the case.

Also,

We are preparing a Congressional Briefing - One morning or afternoon, or both, that will hopefully be covered by C-SPAN, covering the most recently developed evidence and the recently released records and what is still being withheld.

This could lead to regular Congressional Committee hearings focused on the government agency and department compliance or lack of same, with the jFK Act.

BK

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

color=#336666]

Interestingly, long-time Dallas DA Bill Hill has decided not to seek (a shoo-in) re-election, and several candidates are beginning to emerge for next year's election, including one or two judges. More will undoubtedly file in coming months.

I have a friend who is a former Dallas prosecutor, and he and I will be having lunch in the course of the next couple of weeks. Any questions, comments or suggestions that would be beneficial to pursuing this avenue of thought?

Good idea, Duke.

--Thomas

[/color]

Hi Duke,

Did anything come of your meeting? I wrote a letter to Dallas D.A. Hill in 2003 asking him to re-open this case. I received no reply. (Big surprise).

Dawn