The Education Forum

Michael Collins Piper: Final Judgement

John Simkin

LBJ .....actively aided in the smuggling of illegal Jewish immigration into the United States (via Texas) before World War II, accorind to Israeli writer Michael karpin in his new book THE BOMB IN THE BASEMENT.

The context and the use of the loaded word "illegal" suggest that you disapprove of helping political refugees, fellow humans who have no hope of returning to their homes. Personally I have to say that this is is the nicest thing I ever heard about LBJ. I just wonder why Robert Caro never uncovered this. I also wonder why LBJ did not make sure it leaked out at some point in his career, if it were true.

One of the key elements smuggled out of Texas in those years were aircraft parts. Jack Ruby was an aircraft mechanic during World War II—after which he went to Texas, allegedly on "Mafia" business. Dr. William Pepper (as noted elsewhere in one of my postings) says that Ruby was part of a smuggling network involving an Israeli Mossad official. Is all of this significant or is it the ranting of an anti-Semite with an agenda.

I agree with you that the issue we are concerned about here is the assassination of JFK, but in your posts so far you have said remarkably little on the subject. So Jack Ruby was an arms smuggler and so was an unnamed Israeli agent. From your other posts today, where your sources on a Ruby Mossad link are secondary and seem fairly vague, you suggest a name for this Israeli agent, but you do not sound too confident. I assume you have no evidence that Ruby ever met this Mossad agent, otherwise you would have mentioned it. So far this line of evidence, the only one you've posted on that is in any way relevant to the assassination, does not look particularly probative of Mossad involvement in the crime, but I assume you have something more substantial up your sleeve.

In an earlier post on this thread I commented on your assertions about Clay Shaw and Permindex. I would greatly appreciate your comments on what I wrote there.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After slogging through the vitriol that this thread brought forth, my first thought was that I had just let 20 minutes of my life go by that I'd never be able to retrieve. Upon further thought, though, this kind of debate presents a very interesting test of our respective abilities to hone in on the essence of an issue; putting aside (as far as humanly possible) extraneous material.

I read an earlier edition of Piper's book a few years ago, and have not seen the updates he has since added. My personal verdict at the time was that his thesis was documented in a somewhat scanty and scattershot way, and that it was more than a little implausible. His treatment of Jim Angleton was, in my view, a very good example of the central problem with his theory.

Angleton plays a central role in the planning of the assassination in Piper's scenario. His central motivation is his devotion to the state of Israel, his long-standing ties with the Mossad and, of course, his conviction (shared by Israeli leaders) that Kennedy posed a clear and present danger to Israel's very existance. The problem with this whole proposition (I am assuming, for the sake of argument, that Angleton WAS, in fact, involved in the assassination...) is that Angleton's contacts and views were so extensive that to assume that Israel's well-being was such a primary value to him that he would have initiated or involved himself in a plot to kill Kennedy is simply not rationally possible. A much more likely read of Angleton, an evaluation by a friend of his, is quoted in Piper's chapter "Thick as Thieves": "You have to understand that Jim's central dominating obsession was communism, something that for him was the essence of absolute and profound evil. For him, nothing else really mattered, but he would use anyone and anything to combat it. Sure, he liked Israelis...but he was not a 'coopted Israeli agent,' as some people in Washington used to call him."

There is much to criticize in the book. Piper all too frequently throws an Israeli connection into the mix of his story in order to "beef up" his central thesis. More often than not, the connection is less than relevant or, if it is potentially important, traces back to more plausible sources than the Mossad.

Gratz's point that the Mossad would hardly have contracted out the assassination to Corsican killers is a very good point; one I had not considered. It is the most cogent argument, by far, that he makes in his many posts on this topic...

That having been said, there is valuable material in Piper's book. He uses biographical information on Meyer Lansky to make, I believe, a good case that Lansky was a far more powerful and influential figure than many of us have supposed. A good example is the role Lansky played ( partially through "Dandy Phil" Kastel) in the early 1940's setting up of Carlos Marcello in the lucrative field of Louisiana slot machines. Particularly striking is the blood oath Santo Trafficante, Jr. made to Lansky prior to Trafficante's orchestration of the 1957 assassination of Lansky rival Albert Anastasia: "So long as blood flows in my body, do I, Santo Trafficante, swear allegiance to the will of Meyer Lansky, and the organization he represents. If I violate this oath,may I burn in hell forever." (from Hank Messick's Lansky bio).

As the original organized crime contact with American intelligence; as one of the prime movers in the first plots against Castro; as a presence lurking in the background of business opportunities that involved LBJ's "son" Bobby Baker; as perhaps the most brilliant financial mover and shaker in the history of organized crime; Lansky merits our attention as we examine the possible sources of plotting against JFK.

Piper's examination of the possibility that the assassination resulted from a "hijacking" of some type of quasi-legitimate (if bizarre) security test or provocation that was to have taken place in Dallas is interesting, and somewhat mirrors a theory advanced by Vince Palamara, and a few on this website.

One final point, and I'll be done with this 'till I read a more recent edition of Piper's book and/or Piper defends his views on this forum: Piper's views on the Holocaust, the Second World War, the First World War, the Civil War, the French Revolution, etc. should have ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE to an examination of his work on the assassination of John Kennedy. I don't know whether or not Piper is an anti-Semite. I do know that he comes forth with a theory, and that intellectual honesty and rigorous logic should move us to examine that which he has to say without prejudice.

Alan,

A fine post and very even-handed, IMO.

On a very minor point: I agree with the premise that Meyer Lansky was more influential than many believe. Because he wasn't Sicilian he could never become a capo in his own right, but his influence and authority stemmed from his days as Luciano's consigliere. As the kingpin of the Cuba operations he would cut other mafia leaders in for a small cut, further enhancing his prestige. I always thought Vito Genovese was responsible for the hit on Ananstasia, the result of a longstanding dispute over Genovese's ambition to become the top mafia leader in New York. The Gallo brothers from Brooklyn were suspected of being the ones who carried it out, under contract, and were henceforth labelled the barbershop quintet. :ice

Mr. Piper, you wrote:

In addition, we also now know that Jack Ruby was on the payroll of the Lansky Crime Syndicate-connected Bronfman family (now headed by Edgar Bronfman, leader of the World Jewish Congress).

What is your proof for these assertions?

Piper also wrote:

In fact, a unit of Sturgis’ Brigade was CIA contract agent Gerry Patrick Hemming’s so-called "Interpen" that operated outside New Orleans and Sturgis was connected with those Interpen operations.

This sentence shows how little Piper understands the people and the politics of the anti-Castro movement. Hemming was never a "CIA contract agent"; "Interpen" was not so-called, that was its name; Interpen was never a "unit" of Sturgis' Anti-Communist Brigade"; it did not operate outside New Orleans; and rather than working together, Hemming held Sturgis in contempt.

I have rarely seen a sentence with so many errors of fact, but the errors are typical of Piper's writings.

Piper also wrote:

Please note of the 22 Warren Commission staff attorneys, fully nine of them were Jewish. Another was married to a Jewish woman.

Well, that explains it!

Alan wrote:

Particularly striking is the blood oath Santo Trafficante, Jr. made to Lansky prior to Trafficante's orchestration of the 1957 assassination of Lansky rival Albert Anastasia: "So long as blood flows in my body, do I, Santo Trafficante, swear allegiance to the will of Meyer Lansky, and the organization he represents. If I violate this oath,may I burn in hell forever." (from Hank Messick's Lansky bio).

I do not know the original source for the oath (whoever revealed it must have been violating the mafioso's oath of secrecy) but the same Trafficante oath is set forth in Moldea's "Hoffa Wars".

Mr. Piper, do you agree with this statement from the Barnes Review?:

Based on the above, Hitler should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize posthumously to set things straight. He was not the cause of World War II and he did not want any war. He was a man of peace and he worked for peace in every way he could.

Robert Charles-Dunne does somersaults to rebut my scenario of possible Cuban involvement in the assassination.

But his absence in refuting Piper's absurd claims that Isreal did it is conspicuous.

Wonder why he is more concerned with defending Castro than he is with defending Israel? Or can we infer he agrees with Piper?

Guest Stephen Turner
Wonder why he is more concerned with defending Castro than he is with defending Israel? Or can we infer he agrees with Piper?

No Tim, we cannot infer that, and I am surprised that you make such a claim about your old sparring partner. At the time Mr Charles Dunne posted the above, I am not aware that Mr Piper had posted anything to rebut, or support on this forum. I like you, and I suspect Robert, will hold his feet to the fire in demanding the highest standards of evidence over his claims, this is as it should be, when said claims are of such an inflamatory nature, but lets try not to jump the gun here. Take a deep breath, and calm down Tim.

Robert Charles-Dunne does somersaults to rebut my scenario of possible Cuban involvement in the assassination.

But his absence in refuting Piper's absurd claims that Isreal did it is conspicuous.

Tim,

Already you're calling for the cavalry. ;);):lol:

Mr. Piper,

How much do you know about Yitzhak Rabin being in Dallas shortly before, if not on the morning of, the assassination? Perhaps this is covered in your book, but at present I only have the 3rd edition (1995), in which Rabin is not mentioned (at least he's not in the index).

We know of Rabin being in Dallas from his wife's book, but Rabin himself is silent on the subject in his autobiography The Rabin Memoirs, in which JFK is not mentioned at all. Rabin's book skips the whole second half of 1963. (There is one mention of Robert, ironically about Robert wanting to meet briefly with Israeli ambassador Rabin in NYC the day before he was shot in LA; Rabin turned him down, preferring some other time.)

If you believe Israel was behind the JFK assassination, I assume you believe that Rabin's presence in Dallas was connected.

Ron

Lee,

Interesting post. Meyer Lansky remains something of a shadowy figure to me. With all the emphasis being on Trafficante, Marcello, Giancana, and Rosselli, I've never read much about Lansky. I guess I'll have to.

So much to read, so little time. I may eventually just come to the conclusion that everybody got together and did their part in getting rid of JFK.

Ron

"Interesting post. Meyer Lansky remains something of a shadowy figure to me."

Forgive me for coming in on this thread over a week later but, I found this review from James Richards url to be quite interesting:

The Last Word on the JFK Assassination November 28, 2002

Reviewer: Mark Braver from Chicago, Illinois

There seems to be a lot of misperception of what Final Judgment does and does not say about the JFK assassination. The book does not say that "the Jews killed JFK." That's horse manure.

What the book does say is that:

When New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison charged businessman Clay Shaw with participation in the JFK assassination conspiracy Garrison stumbled upon the Israeli Mossad connection to the murder of President Kennedy. Shaw served on the board of a shadowy corporation known as Permindex. A primary shareholder in Permindex was the Banque De Credit International of Geneva, founded by Tibor Rosenbaum, an arms procurer and financier for the Mossad.

What's more, the Mossad-sponsored Swiss bank was the chief "money laundry" for Meyer Lansky, the head of the international crime syndicate and an Israeli loyalist whose operations meshed closely on many fronts with the American CIA.

The chairman of Permindex was Louis M. Bloomfield of Montreal, a key figure in the Israeli lobby and an operative of the Bronfman family of Canada, long-time Lansky associates and among Israel's primary international patrons.

In the pages of "Final Judgment" the Israeli connection to the JFK assassination is explored in frightening — and fully documented — detail. For example, did you know:

That JFK was engaged in a bitter secret conflict with Israel over U.S. [Middle] East policy and that Israel's prime minister resigned in disgust, saying JFK's stance threatened Israel's very survival?

That JFK's successor, Lyndon Johnson, immediately reversed America's policy toward Israel?

That the top Mafia figures often alleged to be behind the JFK assassination were only front men for Meyer Lansky?

That the CIA's liaison to the Mossad, James Angleton, was a prime mover behind the cover-up of the JFK assassination?

Why didn't Oliver Stone, in his famous movie "JFK" not mention any of this? It turns out the chief financial backer of Stone's film was longtime Mossad figure, Arnon Milchan, Israel's biggest arms dealer.

The very fact that the Israeli lobby has gone through such great lengths to try to smear Michael Collins Piper and to try to discredit Final Judgment gives the book great credibility. If the book was really so silly or so unconvincing, it doesn't seem likely that groups such as the Anti-Defamation League would go out of their way to try to suppress the book as they have. The fact is that Piper demonstrates that Israel did indeed have a very strong motive to want to get JFK out of the way and that numerous people who have been linked in other writings to the JFK conspiracy were (as Piper documents) also in the sphere of influence of Israel's Mossad. Not only Clay Shaw in New Orleans, but also James Angleton at the CIA, who was Israel's strongest advocate at the CIA and also the CIA's liaison to the Mossad. The Israeli connection is indeed "the missing link in the JFK assassination conspiracy."

The "Reader from Chicago" who wrote the review of Final Judgment posted here is really off the beam and I suspect he (or she) is deliberately distorting what Piper's book does say in order to try to discourage people from reading it.

The fact is that Piper's book documents (quite clearly, in my estimation) not only the means, opportunity and the motive for Israeli Mossad involvement in the assassination (working in conjunction with the CIA), but it is also quite fascinating and very interesting read. "Boring" is the last word I'd use to describe the book, and it is certainly not "poorly written."

What's more, the book is not — I repeat — not "anti-Semitic" and the book has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of the Holocaust.

In fact, anybody familiar with any of the standard writings on the JFK assassination will recognize the names of some of the key players in the scenario Piper documents: Clay Shaw, David Ferrie, Guy Banister and James J. Angleton of the CIA — and none of them were Jewish. So where this reviewer gets off saying that Piper finds "a Jew under every rock" is beyond me.

I have read literally hundreds of books and magazine articles and other material on the JFK assassination and not in a single one of them — with the exception of Final Judgment — did I ever learn that President John F. Kennedy was trying to stop Israel from building the nuclear bomb and that this literally touched off a "secret war" behind the scenes between JFK and Israel's prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, who resigned (among other reasons) in disgust over JFK's policies with Israel. In fact, Israeli historian Avner Cohen in his book, Israel and the Bomb, documents this quite thoroughly.

And in Final Judgment Piper also outlines some interesting Israeli connections by people who have been linked to the JFK assassination and cover-up, including Clay Shaw of New Orleans. Even Israeli journalist Barry Chamish has written in an Internet review of Final Judgment that he finds Piper's Israeli connection (via Shaw and Permindex) quite convincing.

There was a controversy in the Chicago area following an attempt by the Anti-Defamation League (an Israeli lobby organization) and people associated with the ADL to prevent Final Judgment from being placed in the Schaumburg Township District Library. Chances are the Reader from Chicago is probably an ADL representative!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee,

Interesting post. Meyer Lansky remains something of a shadowy figure to me. With all the emphasis being on Trafficante, Marcello, Giancana, and Rosselli, I've never read much about Lansky. I guess I'll have to.

So much to read, so little time. I may eventually just come to the conclusion that everybody got together and did their part in getting rid of JFK.

Ron

Forgive me for coming in on this thread over a week later but, I found this review from James Richards url to be quite interesting:

There seems to be a lot of misperception of what Final Judgment does and does not say about the JFK assassination. The book does not say that "the Jews killed JFK." That's horse manure.

When New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison charged businessman Clay Shaw with participation in the JFK assassination conspiracy Garrison stumbled upon the Israeli Mossad connection to the murder of President Kennedy. Shaw served on the board of a shadowy corporation known as Permindex. A primary shareholder in Permindex was the Banque De Credit International of Geneva, founded by Tibor Rosenbaum, an arms procurer and financier for the Mossad.

What's more, the Mossad-sponsored Swiss bank was the chief "money laundry" for Meyer Lansky, the head of the international crime syndicate and an Israeli loyalist whose operations meshed closely on many fronts with the American CIA.

The chairman of Permindex was Louis M. Bloomfield of Montreal, a key figure in the Israeli lobby and an operative of the Bronfman family of Canada, long-time Lansky associates and among Israel's primary international patrons.

In the pages of "Final Judgment" the Israeli connection to the JFK assassination is explored in frightening — and fully documented — detail. For example, did you know:

That JFK was engaged in a bitter secret conflict with Israel over U.S. [Middle] East policy and that Israel's prime minister resigned in disgust, saying JFK's stance threatened Israel's very survival?

That JFK's successor, Lyndon Johnson, immediately reversed America's policy toward Israel?

That the top Mafia figures often alleged to be behind the JFK assassination were only front men for Meyer Lansky?

That the CIA's liaison to the Mossad, James Angleton, was a prime mover behind the cover-up of the JFK assassination?

Why didn't Oliver Stone, in his famous movie "JFK" not mention any of this? It turns out the chief financial backer of Stone's film was longtime Mossad figure, Arnon Milchan, Israel's biggest arms dealer.

The very fact that the Israeli lobby has gone through such great lengths to try to smear Michael Collins Piper and to try to discredit Final Judgment gives the book great credibility. If the book was really so silly or so unconvincing, it doesn't seem likely that groups such as the Anti-Defamation League would go out of their way to try to suppress the book as they have. The fact is that Piper demonstrates that Israel did indeed have a very strong motive to want to get JFK out of the way and that numerous people who have been linked in other writings to the JFK conspiracy were (as Piper documents) also in the sphere of influence of Israel's Mossad. Not only Clay Shaw in New Orleans, but also James Angleton at the CIA, who was Israel's strongest advocate at the CIA and also the CIA's liaison to the Mossad. The Israeli connection is indeed "the missing link in the JFK assassination conspiracy."

The "Reader from Chicago" who wrote the review of Final Judgment posted here is really off the beam and I suspect he (or she) is deliberately distorting what Piper's book does say in order to try to discourage people from reading it.

The fact is that Piper's book documents (quite clearly, in my estimation) not only the means, opportunity and the motive for Israeli Mossad involvement in the assassination (working in conjunction with the CIA), but it is also quite fascinating and very interesting read. "Boring" is the last word I'd use to describe the book, and it is certainly not "poorly written."

What's more, the book is not — I repeat — not "anti-Semitic" and the book has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of the Holocaust.

In fact, anybody familiar with any of the standard writings on the JFK assassination will recognize the names of some of the key players in the scenario Piper documents: Clay Shaw, David Ferrie, Guy Banister and James J. Angleton of the CIA — and none of them were Jewish. So where this reviewer gets off saying that Piper finds "a Jew under every rock" is beyond me.

I have read literally hundreds of books and magazine articles and other material on the JFK assassination and not in a single one of them — with the exception of Final Judgment — did I ever learn that President John F. Kennedy was trying to stop Israel from building the nuclear bomb and that this literally touched off a "secret war" behind the scenes between JFK and Israel's prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, who resigned (among other reasons) in disgust over JFK's policies with Israel. In fact, Israeli historian Avner Cohen in his book, Israel and the Bomb, documents this quite thoroughly.

And in Final Judgment Piper also outlines some interesting Israeli connections by people who have been linked to the JFK assassination and cover-up, including Clay Shaw of New Orleans. Even Israeli journalist Barry Chamish has written in an Internet review of Final Judgment that he finds Piper's Israeli connection (via Shaw and Permindex) quite convincing.

There was a controversy in the Chicago area following an attempt by the Anti-Defamation League (an Israeli lobby organization) and people associated with the ADL to prevent Final Judgment from being placed in the Schaumburg Township District Library. Chances are the Reader from Chicago is probably an ADL representative!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terry,

I've read that before but its interesting to read it again. I had a bio of Meyer Lansky which I've lost but it had photos of Lansky in Israel. Lansky tried to emigrate there late in his life but the Israeli Government rejected his application.

Lee,

Ron

Terry,

I've read that before but its interesting to read it again. I had a bio of Meyer Lansky which I've lost but it had photos of Lansky in Israel. Lansky tried to emigrate there late in his life but the Israeli Government rejected his application.

"Lansky tried to emigrate there late in his life but the Israeli Government rejected his application."

Yeah, maybe his money was no longer considered "legit" enough for the newly acquired ambiance Israel attained once they reached the status of "just another nuclear power player".

This thread has definitely peked my interest, so I'm heading back to page 4, following this brief foray through a couple of the other threads. It's so nice having a day off, even if I'm suffering through one of the worst asthma attacks I've had in years. I do get a chance to play catch-up, though. But, what a way to have rate a day off. :lol: