The Education Forum

Picture of the RIFLEMAN on Stemmonds Expressway

For those of you that have seen Sherry Gutierrez's presentation on the head shot trajectory analysis, this position is viable.

Do a search of the lancer site (not forum) for the presentation.

John

"this position is viable" ???? What is there about Sherry's presentation that says some guy standing on a building from so far away from the street had a viable shot at a car that wasn't even supposed to be passing by him in the first place?

Bill

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,

I may be getting my plaza geography incorrect here. Would you be able to post a photo that shows where this man is supposed to be standing?

Is the man supposed to have been on the triple underpass bridge, that was the impression I got, although viewing it once more it seems as though the man is a cosiderable distance behind the underpass.

Your help would be appreciated.

All the best

John

Hi Bill,

I may be getting my plaza geography incorrect here. Would you be able to post a photo that shows where this man is supposed to be standing?

Is the man supposed to have been on the triple underpass bridge, that was the impression I got, although viewing it once more it seems as though the man is a cosiderable distance behind the underpass.

All the best

John

I would like to second John's request. Where was Corham's located physically? Does anyone have a Cole's 1963 Dallas Directory handy that could provide an address? Was it on Stemmons? How close was Corham's to the Trademart?

John - the concept is in relationship to a shooter closer to the Trademart - this photo was taken far from the plaza.

- lee

post-675-1143988969_thumb.jpg

I would like to second John's request. Where was Corham's located physically? Does anyone have a Cole's 1963 Dallas Directory handy that could provide an address? Was it on Stemmons? How close was Corham's to the Trademart?

John - the concept is in relationship to a shooter closer to the Trademart - this photo was taken far from the plaza.

- lee

Thanks Lee,

I was under the mistaken impression that the man was the other side of the triple underpass. I still haven't been to the plaza yet so my geography is crap at best!

John

Hi Bill,

All the best

John

No - the man is not on top of the triple underpass. In fact, the photo shows cars parked in front of stores in the background of that photo. I think a web search for an overhead view of the plaza to the Stemmons Freeway sign will show no shops between the triple underpass and the Stemmons Freeway.

Bill

Hi Bill,

All the best

John

No - the man is not on top of the triple underpass. In fact, the photo shows cars parked in front of stores in the background of that photo. I think a web search for an overhead view of the plaza to the Stemmons Freeway sign will show no shops between the triple underpass and the Stemmons Freeway.

Bill

Bill,

You had an opinion in relationship to the highway and Kennedy's position as relates to the motorcade route - I was assuming that you knew the position of Corhams and where it was located on Stemmons in relationship to the Trademart - would you mind telling us the address so that we could get a better understanding of whether or not a gunman may have been present as part of a second operation in the event the original plan failed to come off as planned? Where was Corham's in relation to the Trademart please....

- lee

Hi Bill,

All the best

John

post-822-1144044515_thumb.jpg

You had an opinion in relationship to the highway and Kennedy's position as relates to the motorcade route - I was assuming that you knew the position of Corhams and where it was located on Stemmons in relationship to the Trademart - would you mind telling us the address so that we could get a better understanding of whether or not a gunman may have been present as part of a second operation in the event the original plan failed to come off as planned? Where was Corham's in relation to the Trademart please....

- lee

The old Corham building was on Stemmons just before the Industrial Boulevard exit.

Bill

- lee

The old Corham building was on Stemmons just before the Industrial Boulevard exit.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I will check it out. BTW - I would like to get your take on something - bought something on eBay and need to scan it - hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed.

- lee

I guess now the question is where the Industrial Boulevard exit is located. If the detail below is accurate, that would place the Corham building roughly across the street from the Trademart? Which would timestamp the photo at approximately 12:33pm?

http://www.jfk-online.com/bowles3.html

The motorcade passed over Oak Lawn and moved closer to the right-hand lane. Approximately 1000 feet further along, they exited the freeway on an off-ramp to their right, and continued in a northerly direction on the service road parallel to the freeway. The service road carried the motorcade to the intersection of Stemmons and Industrial Boulevard, the location of the Trade Mart. The motorcade arrived at that intersection at 12:32:59 (Channel 1).

They turned right onto Industrial Boulevard, passed the side entrance to the Trade Mart, the initially intended stop for the President's luncheon address and continued on toward Harry Hines Boulevard. Immediately parallel to Hines, a pair of railroad tracks cross Industrial at grade level. On crossing the railroad tracks, Industrial drops downhill, losing several feet in elevation. Also, the roadway bears a little to the right before it starts bearing left to merge with northbound Hines Boulevard. This represented the worst section of roadway on the entire trip. Some motorcade vehicles crossed too fast and nearly wrecked.

Completing the turn, the motorcade continued north on Hines almost 3000 feet to the emergency entrance to the Parkland Hospital compound. They then continued to the emergency dock, arriving at approximately 12:34 (Channel 1). They had covered the three and one-third miles in about three minutes, a desperate but futile effort.

- lee

post-675-1144094976_thumb.jpg

Cobb Stadium was located where the Infomart is today.

According to CE 1974 at 23H885, at approximately 2:20PM, Unit 474A (which is only identified as the Special Services Bureau) is dispatched to pick up a "subject on this overpass, carrying a rifle; railroad tracks, Cobb Stadium." 474A was asked if he could see the subject. 474A said no, but that they would go over and get him.

At 2:23, Unit 22 (Patrolman L.L. Hill) was dispatched to go out to Cobb Stadium on the railroad track overpass and meet 474A at the railroad tracks. "There is a white male carrying a rifle" (23H886)

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

At 2:27, Unit 52(unknown) radioed in and asked if the T.C. Cobb Stadium was on the Hines Blvd overpass, the railroad overpass, or the freeway overpass and asked which direction the suspect was walking. The Dispatcher's response was garbled, but said he didn't know about the direction. (23H887)

At 2:28 Patrolman Hill reported that he was with the wrecker at Cobb Stadium and Unit 474A was ordered to go there. (23H887)

474A radios in and says, "The car that we want picked up is on the parking lot if front of the Merchandise Mart just north of Cobb Stadium."

22 asks if it is a 1964 Falcon. 474A says, "No. It is a red panel truck with writing on the side... license plate 3E9087. (23H888)

The time on Elrod's Arrest Record is given as 2:45 pm.

As early as 2:03 PM, Unit 474A was calling for a wrecker. "We need a wrecker on the parking lot just west of Cobb's stadium for suspect's car." (23H881)

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

What suspect was that? At 2:03 unit 474A is looking to pick up a "suspect's" car, but 474A wasn't dispatched to pick up the suspect walking on the railroad tracks until 2:20 PM. (23H885)

There follows as series of transmissions from 474A looking for Deputy Chief M.W. Stevenson and Lieutenant C.C. Wallace.

Steve Thomas

post-675-1144119261_thumb.jpg

Gary Mack was kind enough to share the following information with me ...

"Corham Art Flower Company was at 1645 Stemmons, which puts it just 1/2 block south of Oak Lawn Avenue at Stemmons. Here's the map: http://tinyurl.com/g3dcx

Market Center Boulevard was called Industrial in 1963 and the Trade Mart is at the northeast corner of Industrial and Stemmons, about 1/2 mile away."

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

I have tried to get in closer to the

'rifleman'. Notice the horizontal and vertical bars

in the black and white image. These bars are indeed bizarre.

Also notice the non-existent facial detail in the yellow tinted and black

and white versions.Further notice the dappled halo effect around edges in yellow tinted

image - a sure indicator that someone has superimposed detail or

details which were not in the original photo.

This dappled halo effect is usually only visible

at high magnification. - as is the case here.

IMHO these are obviously manipulated images.

The dimensions of the 'rifle' seem strange.

A good thing Oswald wasn't 'asked' to carry

this brute into the TSBD.

"You're gonna need a bigger bag, Lee."

Also why would someone carry such a 'rifle'

in full view when the obvious thing to do would be to conceal

it at every and any opportunity.

My view: We need to see the original image.

The black and white image here has been manipulated.

The yellow tinted image shows signs of having been 'worked' on.

For what purpose and to what end?

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

My view: We need to see the original image.

The black and white image here has been manipulated.

The yellow tinted image shows signs of having been 'worked' on.

For what purpose and to what end?

EBC

Let's think this through for a moment. If in fact this is someone with a long gun and I have doubts that it is .... if what would be the stock (the thicker section) with the longated thinner section being the barrel, then it seems more likely that we are looking at a shotgun rather than a rifle. However, I personally believe that the object beyond this person has given a false impression as to what we are seeing.

Bill

HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM PENN JONES' " FORGIVE MY GRIEF lll " REVISED, PAGE 94:

ON OCT.19, 1972, WE PRINTED IN THE MIDLOTHIAN MIRROR, BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AT THE TIME, WHERE WE THOUGHT THE RESERVE GUNS WERE LOCATED. MILITARY PHILOSOPHY DEMANDS THAT SOME GUNS BE HELD IN RESERVE SHOULD THE PRIMARY BATTLE POSITION FAIL, AND IN THE MILITARY ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY, WE FEEL THOSE WEAPONS WERE LOCATED ALONG STEMMONDS EXPRESSWAY ENROUTE TO THE LUNCHEON SITE.

THERE IS EVIDENCE WHICH SUGGEST THERE WERE GUNS LOCATED ON [1] COBB STADIUM, [2] DIAGONALLY ACROSS THE FREEWAY ON THE ROOF OF THE BUILDING NOW OCCUPIED BY A GREEN STAMP REDEMPTION CENTER AND [3] IN THE BUSHES AROUND THE SIGN AND WATERFALL [AT LEAST 50 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD LEVEL OF COBB STADIUM] WHICH NOW ADVERTISES SALEM CIGARETTES. ALTHOUGH THE SIGN AND BUSHES ARE 600 YARDS FROM THE CENTERED EXPRESSWAY POINT BETWEEN THE TWO, THIS WOULD PROVE NO REAL OBSTACLE FOR MASTER RIFLEMEN. THIS SUSPECTED KILL SITE IS ABOUT ONE AND ONE HALF MILES FROM THE PRIMARY KILL SITE AT DEALY PLAZA.

A SATURDAY EVEENING POST PICTURE PUBLISHED IN DECEMBER 1963, SHOWS WHAT APPEARS TO BE A MAN WITH A RIFLE IN HAND ATOP THE GREEN STAMP BUILDING.

SHORTLY AFTER THE KILLING, A POLICEMAN RADIOED THAT HE SAW A MAN WITH A RIFLE ON TOP OF COBB STADIUM. HIS INFORMATION WENT UNACKNOWLEDGED.

NOW THE INFORMATION CAN BE ADDED THAT A PUERTO RICAN AMERICAN NAMED LUIS ANGEL CASTILLO HAS STATED UNDER HYPNOSIS THAT HE WAS ON THE PARADE ROUTE WITH A RIFLE THAT DAY.

HE SAID HE HAD INSTRUCTIONS TO SHOOT AT A MAN IN A CAR WITH RED ROSES. MRS. KENNEDY WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE PARADE WITH RED ROSES, WHICH HAD BEEN HANDED TO HER BY VICE PREDIDENT LYNDON JOHNSON. ALL THE OTHER WOMEN CARRIED YELLOW ROSES.

CASTILLO ALSO SAID HE WAS ON THE FOURTH FLOOR OF A BUILDING WITH HIS RIFLE SET AT 500 YARDS ELEVATION [400 YARDS TOO HIGH FOR ANY RIFLEMAN IN THE DEALY PLAZA AREA]; NEVERTHELESS THERE IS A DALLAS WATER DEPT. BUILDING FOUR STORIES HIGH AND ABOUT 500 YARDS FROM THE POINT IN STEMMONDS EXPRESSWAY INTERSECTED BY THE S&H {GREEN STAMP} REDEMPTION CENTER AND COBB STADIUM.

AS A SIDELIGHT, TWO WATER DEPT. EMPLOYEES DIED STRANGELY NOT LONG AFTER THE ASSASSINATION. ONE YOUNG MAN WAS FOUND HANGING IN A MOTEL ROOM JUST SOUTH OF DOWNTOWN DALLAS.

END QUOTE

IN THIS SAME BOOK ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE FROM THE PICTURED POSSIBLE "RIFLEMAN", PENN HAS A DIAGRAM OF THE SECOND POSSIBLE TRIANGLUATION OF FIRE [ OR QUADANGLUATION OF FIRE } AREA SHOWING THE BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES MENTIONED ABOVE IN RELATION TO THE KNOWN ROUTE TO THE LUNCHEON.

WEBSTER'S DEFINES A COUP D'ETAT AS; THE SUDDEN OVERTHROW OF A GOVERNMENT.

IT DOEN'T REALLY MATTER MATER HOW MANY PEOPLE GET KILLED - IF YOU ATTEMPT IT YOU BETER MAKE SURE IT WORKS. SO WHAT IF CONNALLY GETS SHOT OR NELLY OR JACKIE. THE ANGLE OF FIRE DIDN'T MATTER. THEY'D RATHER NOT SHOOT JACKIE OR CONNALLY OR ANYONE ELSE. BUT IF THATS WHAT IT TOOK- THEN SO BE IT.

JFK WASN'T LEAVING DALLAS ALIVE. AND HE DIDN'T !

JIM FEEMSTER