The Education Forum

Larry Hancock: Someone Would Have Talked

James, I don't have any real feeling on that but it seems unlikely that the CIA would

be disclosing a real name in this context.

I can say however that we have the debriefing document on Che's capture

and execution and the name being used for CIA "contract employee" in the field with Che

is Benton H. Mizones.

Mizones worked along with another Cuban in Bolivia but their CIA case officer was

back in DC...

Afterwards Mizones and the other employee were flown out of Bolivia by C-130 to Panama and both

employees were documented as GS-16's so they could board an over booked

military flight back to Charlotte.

-- Larry

Thanks, Larry.

I'm not too sure who Mizones may have been but Gustavo Villoldo supposedly was the lead agent in the field in Bolivia and went under the alias of army Captain Eduardo Gonzalez. Another Cuban CIA employee on the ground was police advisor Julio Garcia who had a history with some Cuban exile training camps in the Florida Everglades during mid 1963.

If I am not mistaken, there were only 3 Cuban exile Agency employees engaged on the hunt for Guevara; Villoldo, Julio Garcia and Felix Rodriguez.

Cheers,

James

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Wilson is one of the best candidates for being an Oswald impersonator;  he and Seymour both may have done so but Wilson is a very close look alike to Oswald in some photos that I've seen from the camps.

-- Larry

You can see pictures of Steve Wilson on James Richard's Photo Archive.

See for example:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PHOTOinterpen14.htm

I'm still toying with the idea of using 3d models to recreate faces. This attempt is using the downward looking face of steve wilson and wrapping it on a downlooking 3d model and turning it and doing a bot of fiddling. (could gerry perhaps comment?) Also is an other photo of Wilson available.

John, we are currently estimating the second edition to be something like a third longer than the first; it will be published either as a commercial grade book paperback or light hardcover (not sure yet) and as such will have a much broader distribution plus the ability to get into bookstores or libraries. It will not be spiral bound as the first edition.

There will be additional photo pages...I'll have to check on the Fred Black photo, don't recall for sure.

Nothing on Stockdale I'm afraid, not that I don't think it is important. One area that I am intentionally avoiding is the involvement of RFK and Kennedy family damage control. I'm also avoiding larger scale concepts such as what I personally consider the very probable connection of the JFK murder to Robert Kennedy's murder. I'll leave that to other authors, hard enough for me to stay focused as it is...

As a side comment, some of the key new findings to be included in second edition will be included in my Lancer presentation next month.

-- Larry

Hi Larry,

Good to hear you are preparing a second edition. I think your work is the most important and significant new material, though I just started reading Mellon's book.

One thing I missed from the first edition was the timeline you sent me a few years ago. Is your timeline updated and will it be used as an appendex? It is very usefull and should be compared with other Timelines (ie Mary Ferrell's, Ruby, etc.).

Sorry I won't be in Dallas this November, as I have to take care of some family business.

I'd like to read an abstract of your LANCER presentation, if it will be available.

All the best,

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Hi Bill, good to hear from you....hopefully we will be able to get you to come to next years conference (hey, I'm always recruiting...grin).

Actually I've sort of gotten away from a master timeline and have started going to compartmentalized timelines. Perhaps the most interesting to me is one I've done for the 90 days prior to the assassination. I suppose I could collect them all in an appendix though, hadn't thought of that.

Something we are working on is seeing if we can put that into a diagram type format for easier reading. I'm also trying to include social diagram type charts for some different areas because it's so hard for new readers to deal with all the names and the organizations. I'm sure glad I had your book as a starting point or I'd still be totally lost.

I'll email you a copy of the background material for my presentation, the presentation itself is Powerpoint and its so abbreviated I'm going to be lucky to be able to follow it myself.

-- Larry

• 1 month later...
Larry,

This is pretty loose but I'll run it anyway.

Virgilio Gonzalez enters the United States on July 21, 1954 as a permanent resident. He leaves the U. S. in 1959, goes back to Cuba and ends up as Felipe Vidal Santiago's assistant and personal driver while Vidal was Chief of Maritime Police.

Vidal defects on March 7, 1960 and goes to Bogota, Colombia. Nothing here about when Gonzalez heads back to the States but he's back in time to train and participate in the Bay of Pigs. One would have to think that he's back on American soil by the summer of 1960. This is the beginning of the assassination attempts against Castro and both Vidal and Gonzalez would be of some initial interest to the CIA.

So what if Vidal and Gonzalez were both involved with those early unproductive discussions with the CIA? Morales keeps tabs on this and decides to stay in touch. Moving ahead, Gonzalez and Martino were pretty chummy during Operation Tilt and Morales signs off on the mission. Everybody is friends at this point.

Could Gonzalez have been the one to introduce Martino to Vidal at the end of 1962? It doesn't explain where Martino and Gonzalez come together but maybe it's a start.

James

------------------------------

Maybe you've missed what I posted elsewhere !! Virgilio Gonzales NEVER even talked to Martino, NOT even on the telephone, much less in person.

I introduced Felipe to Martino just after Christmas 1962, and since early 1962, Gonzalez was estranged from Felipe -- due to a nasty dispute with Felipe's brother Ivan Vidal Santiago. Gonzalez was pushing the "Go-along-with-the-CIA-crap" and neither of the two Santiago brothers wanted to here that xxxx !!

The pictures you claim as those of Gonzalez on the "Bayo/Pawley" operation are of one of "Bayo's" guys who died inside Cuba during June 1963. Gonzalez was NEVER a part of ANY "Maritime Operation", whether with JM/ATE or JM/WAVE !!

GPH

Bill Kelly has posted an article on the Forum about the possibility of obtaining a grand jury in order to investigate the assassination of JFK.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5634

I have started a thread where I have asked researchers to put forward evidence that would justify the case being reopened.

As a result of your own research, what evidence is currently available that suggests that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the only one responsible for killing JFK?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5659

• 3 months later...
Thank you Mike and Tom for the kind words, I do appreciate it and it helps during those deadly hours sorting through the galley's and endless edits.

One thing that I did want to mention is that the second edition will contain appendices which present documents/analyses beyond what could be addressed in the body of the book without totally defocusing the reader.

They will include (among other things) new information on:

The FBI Odio investigation

The Rose Cheramie remarks and drug investigation

The mysterious death of Garrett Underhill

Mitch Werbell's contacts with the CIA

The Kirknewton incident and pre-assassination leaks

Suppressed CIA Castro assassinatation activities

Henry Hecksher's CIA career

Richard Case Nagell's activities in Mexico City

Really looking forward to reading the updated edition. Hopefully you will be willing to discuss the new material on the Forum. This thread has so far had 17,586 page views making it one of the most popular topics in the history of the Forum.

• 2 months later...

Hi John, thanks for asking about the book. It is indeed very close now, close enough so

that my work is finished and even the master name list for the index has been turned

over to JFK Lancer. It should be in the first galley stage in July and depending on how

many printing changes are required from that we will either have it available by

the end of July or in August. A second spin at the printers in July would simply add two more

weeks.

That's good news and has freed me up to work on the November conference -

and to do some RFK work that I had wanted to do for some time. We will be offering

a full day of presentations on the RFK assassination during the conference this year.

I think I've mentioned before that the second edition will be hardcover and it will

be supported by a web site which will contain the exhibit documents and an

expanded photograph section.

....so, its very close now and hopefully readers and researchers will find it worth the

wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike, well you have probably seen Sherry's post on the book by now so you know

we are close....not exactly on schedule since we would have liked to have had it

out six months ago. However going to commercial, hard cover class plus growing

the book significantly has proven to be quite a bit of work. We have taken extreme

pains with proofing and fact checking (not that it will be perfect of course), with indexing

and with an expansion of the name checking plus ten appendices.

However an equal amount of work is going to have to go into the new WEB site as well.

It will contain all the earlier exhibits plus a good number of new documents which

support the appendices....some of them are going to be very new to most researchers.

Their will be an extensive photo gallery on the WEB site that is in addition to

the photos in the book and we will also have a set of social diagrams and charts.....photos

and charts courtesy of some fine work from Australian researchers who will receive

my thanks in the book.

So....I think that it will have been worth the wait, hopefully you all will as well. And I

will definitely be around for a questions and dialog once it gets into circulation.

-- Larry

Hello Larry,

Is everything still on schedule? I can't remember the last time I so eagerly looked forward to publication of a book. Thanks and best wishes.

Mike Hogan