The Education Forum

Since I joined in 2005,

Terry Adams

over 1,000 new members have come aboard. I am just curious as to the average age of the new members to the forum. What I'm really attempting to ascertain is whether the newer members are younger. The purpose being ; will a new generation continue in the fight for the truth, or will it end as we "old foggies" move on to the next level?

Terry

Edited by Terry Adams

over 1,000 new members have come aboard. I am just curious as to the average age of the new members to the forum. What I'm really attempting to ascertain is whether the newer members are younger. The purpose being ; will a new generation continue in the fight for the truth, or will it end as we "old foggies" move on to the next level?

Terry

Regarding JFK; some of us old foggies (in the USofA) are still trying to solve the crime. The younger generation are looking towards this time in history, and the JFK assassination in particular and its relevance to today's current events.

So long as free speech in America exists, the fight for truth will continue? Eh, who knows....

I suspect once the USA gets off it's "international white charging steed" or, the internet, as a platform for the ultimate all round debatinging society is seriously contained/controlled, the JFK assassination debate will probably recede to its rightful place in history, quietly, without a whimper. New generation or not!

Guest Stephen Turner

51, and still slugging in Albion. My Son 24, and Daughter 22 both take a keen interest in the assasination, and other matters historical, wonder where they get it from. Steve.

I'm 30, seeing as you were asking :)

As regards the 'younger generation' (not sure if I fit into that category any more!) I do know that some of my fellow DPUK members met with a teacher who teaches a class on the assassinaion in school. The students are apparently very interested in the case and eager to learn more.

However, I think it's more a case of whether they are given the opportunity to do so in school. I was not so ended up sort of 'teaching myself' from books, films etc.

I'm nudging fifty but only found there was such a thing as the assassination research community less than two years ago. Before this, since Chappaquiddic I'd lost my hope that anything could be done about those events. Perhaps feeling one can make a difference or being part of a difference, IOW building community will help newcomers. The oldies sometimes seem to be endlessly squabbling about anything but the assassination. Still, that's the state of the kitchen and life in general so the difficulties help to learn to stick with it...it's all good.