The Education Forum

Peter Dale Scott at COPA

Here is a video of Peter Dale Scott's talk at this year's COPA

Thanks to John Judge

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=74...53937&hl=en

I don't know if this will work.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Wow, thanks to both you and J.J., Billy.

Wish me and Dawnie could've made it up there this year, from down here in Austin, but United Airlines totally screwed my flight plans out of LAX on the 21st, with eight LAPD K9 Bomb Squad cars lined up in front United Airlines terminal causing my ride to have to drop me off further on down at the next carrier. Then my flight was delayed almost 2 hours causing me to miss my connection out of Denver. So, I hauled my ass out of there and back to Culver City, after canceling the flight. Dawn's husband Erik, was able to find ONE flight left on American Airlines ticket available at the last minute, for 08:00 departure to Dallas and on to Austin, the morning of the 22nd. Funny thing, though. Something blew out on the plane on take-off from LAX, with this acrid smell of burning rubber lasting half-way through the flight. They said it was a dirty air-conditioning filter. Hmmm...

But, at least A.A. was much more accommodating than the beleaguered U.A., seeing as that they had us on another plane that touched down at the same time as our crippled ship, and they boarded us, without even cleaning the trash from the previous occupants. Our whole flight crew from the "supposedly" blown out A.C. filter's ship, along with the remaining passengers, boarded and we were in Austin faster than you could fly from L.A. to Vegas.

So, maybe next year the two of us will get to invade Dallas and Dealey Plaza, finally.

Scott Myers is on his way down from Garland tomorrow, after work. Actually, we're gathering here to put down some tracks for Dawnie, who happens to be a musician/singer/songwriter, Scott is an accomplished horn man and keyboardist, and I'm a back-up vocalist, percussionist. So, there are other talents besides being an attorney [Dawn], a nuclear medicine tech [Terry], and computer systems analyst [scott], in our repetoire of life.

Well, I'm going to turn Dawnie's rig back over to her.

Have a HAPPY THANKGSGIVING to all my compatriots, FWIW. And, you guys have a great time up there in Big "D."

Ter

ELVIS IMPERSONATORS ON THE GRASSY KNOLL!

300 mark 43 years since JFK was slain

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Associated Press

DALLAS -- About 300 people, including history buffs, conspiracy theorists and even two Elvis impersonators, gathered in Dealey Plaza yesterday to mark the 43rd anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination in a loosely organized ceremony that was part memorial and part circus.

Beverly Oliver, who witnessed the Nov. 22, 1963 shooting, began the event by singing the national anthem, after which the crowd observed a moment of silence at about 12:30 p.m., the time of day Lee Harvey Oswald is believed to have fired the fatal shots.

Many on hand, however, said they didn't think Oswald acted alone in Kennedy's assassination and some thought he was set up.

"You'll get 100 different theories from 100 different people," said Jim Crump, a 44-year-old stagehand from Orlando who said he was working on an "in-depth study" of the assassination. "It's like Pandora's Box, where more and more stuff comes out until you just can't get it to close and go away."

Author Robert Groden, a Dealey Plaza regular for the past 12 years, hawked his 11 books and glossy magazines about the assassination from a table set up between the grassy knoll and Elm Street, where Kennedy and Gov. John Connally were shot.

He believes the shooting was the result of an "unholy alliance" between the CIA and organized crime and that eight to 13 shots were fired that day, with several coming from the grassy knoll and the parking lot behind it.

A group billing itself as the Coalition on Political Assassinations held aloft a banner bearing the name of its organization. Men milled around wearing T-shirts that said "Who shot JFK?" on the front and "Not LHO" on the back.

Dennis and Debra Walker of Chicago were in town to visit their daughter for Thanksgiving. Dennis, a 54-year-old history teacher, said they came to Dealey Plaza because "this morning it dawned on us that it was the anniversary."

"JFK always had this mystique," said Debra Walker, 50. "It became a part of your life. It became more personal. I remember my parents, who were staunch Republicans, were so devastated and couldn't believe anyone would do this."

I've requested a written word version of PDS's talk and will post it when I have it.

Also take note that PDS will be among those on CSPAN Book TV this weekend.

On Friday, November 24 at 4:00 pm and Saturday, November 25 at 3:30 am and at 10:00 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/11 and American Empire: Intellectuals Speak Out

David Ray Griffin, Peter Dale Scott, Peter Phillips, Kevin Ryan, Ray McGovern

Description: Editors and contributors to the book, "9/11 and American Empire," assess the Bush administration's responsibility for the attacks on 9/11, arguing that key administration officials either purposefully ignored the threats leading up to the attacks or were complicit in the planning them. The panelists say that the administration has used the attacks to enact long established plans to expand American empire.

The participants are: David Ray Griffin (co-editor/contributor), Peter Dale Scott (co-editor/contributor), Peter Phillips (contributor) and Kevin Ryan (contributor). Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern moderates the discussion. The event was hosted by Berkeley, California-based Pacifica radio station KPFA (www.kpfa.org).

Author Bio: David Ray Griffin, professor emeritus of philosophy and theology at the Claremont School of Theology, is the author of "The New Pearl Harbor" and "The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions." Peter Dale Scott, former Canadian diplomat and former professor of English at the University of California, Berkeley, is the author of "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK" and "Drugs, Oil, and War." Peter Phillips, professor of sociology at Sonoma State University and director of the Project Censored media research program, is most recently the co-editor of "Censored 2007: The Top 25 Censored Stories" and "Impeach the President: The Case Against Bush and Cheney." Kevin Ryan is a former site manager with Environmental Health Laboratories. Ray McGovern, a 27-year veteran of the CIA, is co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) and a contributor to the book "Neo-CONNED! Again."

Bill:

Richard Bartholomew told me on Tuesday that he thought that something was going to be happening with the Grand Jury petition...anything up?

I had court so could not go to the conference this year. Terry and I plan to attend next year.

Dawn

Thanx for the PDS video. Gotta do some cleanaing up then will watch it.

Bill:

Richard Bartholomew told me on Tuesday that he thought that something was going to be happening with the Grand Jury petition...anything up?

I had court so could not go to the conference this year. Terry and I plan to attend next year.

Dawn

Thanx for the PDS video. Gotta do some cleanaing up then will watch it.

Hi Dawn,

The plan was to present the first JFK Grand Jury petition to the North Texas Federal Court last week, however I have since learned that it best to send under certified mail in order to ensure a legal response.

Other things also came up that prevented the presentation of the petition to the court, including the addition of new evidence and witnesses, which are being added to the petition.

Richard's research is certainly an important part of the program.

While we aren't waiting until next year, we have changed the petiton to request a hearing to present the evidence that should be presented to a grand jury, a more likely scenario.

I will keep people posted on the progress of the grand jury project on the Grand Jury Seminar under Controversial Issues in History section of this forum.

In addition, PDS sent me his notes that are being refined for posting as soon as they are ready.

BK

A very worthwhile thing to watch!!!! Many important ideas seeded in that talk....

Yes, Peter, I agree.

PDS is the Dean.

Am working on notes, to be posted soon, and a transcript of his talk.

PDS hits the nail on the head by drawing the covert operative profile from LHO to Frank Sturgi and Ali Mohammad, and I can add Robert Hardy of the Camden 28 to the mix.

When the NYC cops, hot on the trail of the Rabi's assassin, search the room of an acomplace and find a US Special Forces training manual - their hearts must of sank, knowing there was a traitor in the ranks. Now we know his name - Ali Mohammad, and his protegees are responsible for both attacks on the WTC.

Now Carlos Bruinguier is trying to peddal LHO's USMC manual on ebay, when it should be subpoened as evidence in a homicide.

When I started doing JFK assassination research I tried not to get too involved in MLK or RFK, as one homicide at a time is enough - but now I realize how they indeed are inter-connected, and if we had solved JFK immediately, we could have possibly prevented the others.

BK

Thanks to John Judge

I don't know if this will work.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Bill, with the popular success of Borat I recently went back and watched Da Ali G show. In one episode Ali G is asking remarkably stupid questions of a small group of historians and authors. To my surprise John Judge was included in this group. 1) Any idea how John Judge ended up on the show, and 2) was his presence there a reflection that the actor playing Ali G and Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen, is a conspiracy theorist?

Edited by Pat Speer

Thanks to John Judge

Bill, with the popular success of Borat I recently went back and watched Da Ali G show. In one episode Ali G is asking remarkably stupid questions of a small group of historians and authors. To my surprise John Judge was included in this group. 1) Any idea how John Judge ended up on the show, and 2) was his presence there a reflection that the actor playing Ali G and Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen, is a conspiracy theorist?

Gee Pat,

Did talking about Ali Mohammad make you think of Da Ali G?

Yes, that is John Judge in the Ali G show, which I understand ranks among the classics of that genre, whatever it is.

I have yet to see the show myself, but from what I understand, Judge was recruited as a last minute replacement for a real historian, and didn't know at the time that Ali G is apparently a crazy idiot comic, an Arab equilivant of Jamie Kennedy (another Philly guy) - Alan Funt Candid Camera type who sets up suposidly funny situations that seems to have mass appeal. Judge says he got suspicious fast, but played it straight.

This was explained to me one night in DC at the all-night bookstore cafe at Dupont Circle where Judge is treated as a celebrity because of his appearance on the Ali G show.

Not having seen the show - I don't know what to make of the guy, and don't know if he's a ct, but he seems to have a young, generation x cult following. I guess we can put Ali G in the Paul Krasner-Richard Belzner-Dick Gregory funny bone category.

I guess one day I'll see the show and what it's all about.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

This was explained to me one night in DC at the all-night bookstore cafe at Dupont Circle where Judge is treated as a celebrity because of his appearance on the Ali G show.

Not having seen the show - I don't know what to make of the guy, and don't know if he's a ct, but he seems to have a young, generation x cult following. I guess we can put Ali G in the Paul Krasner-Richard Belzner-Dick Gregory funny bone category.

Ali G (Alistair Leslie Graham) is from the UK. He had a very popular TV show in the UK that ridiculed politicians and show business celebrities. It was very subversive. Of course, once his identity was exposed, no one would appear on his show. Therefore he went to work in the US.

For more information on Ali G see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_G

Ali G (Alistair Leslie Graham) is from the UK. He had a very popular TV show in the UK that ridiculed politicians and show business celebrities. It was very subversive. Of course, once his identity was exposed, no one would appear on his show. Therefore he went to work in the US.

Thanks John,

I noticed that Ali G/ BORAT film made Doonsbury Cartoon earlier this week.

I asked John Judge more about it and he said that, despite being a big movie buff, he doesn't appreciate Ali G's type of humor and will not see the movie.

We were organizing a COPA fund raising benefit, so I suggested a COPA CABANA, with a Cuban theme, "Lola," and a host of stand up comix - like Dick Gregory, Mort Saul, Krasner et al., and maybe some Sinatra and Rat Pack impersonators. Ali G would fit in there.

As for Peter Dale Scott's COPA Talk, I am working on a transcription and should have it soon.

BK

BK

Thanks John,

I noticed that Ali G/ BORAT film made Doonsbury Cartoon earlier this week.

I asked John Judge more about it and he said that, despite being a big movie buff, he doesn't appreciate Ali G's type of humor and will not see the movie.

We were organizing a COPA fund raising benefit, so I suggested a COPA CABANA, with a Cuban theme, "Lola," and a host of stand up comix - like Dick Gregory, Mort Saul, Krasner et al., and maybe some Sinatra and Rat Pack impersonators. Ali G would fit in there.

As for Peter Dale Scott's COPA Talk, I am working on a transcription and should have it soon.

BK

BK

sounds like a show for out here, Bill!

David