The Education Forum

Anyone can help me identify this?

Guest John Woods
I thank you for that, I do the best I can. And thank you for the link. Will certaintly check it out. Haven't seen that one before.

Trygve

Trygve,

I have numerous 35 mm slides taken from the various cameramen and maybe one day I can post these

images for your review or just send these images directly to you. If you like, send me your email address

at

johnw291@yahoo.com

as I had have problems in the past posting on the forum.

johnw

PS

As I will forget here shortly, Gary's PM to me in part, "...stand by the HSCA acoustics evidence of two shooters and

always have."

Edited by John Woods

JohnW: Thanks for the message.

That is very interesting. Is Gary Mack available at that address you mentioned? As I am a new member here, and haven't followed the case for so many years, I guess I am "humble" in some way (if that makes sense) towards other people appearing on this forum; authorities that have followed the case for many years etc. Maybe I am wrong, but it just occured to me that a man like Mr. Mack certaintly has enough on his schedual.

I would indeed appreciate it very much, if I had the opportunity to view those slides, I'll send an e-mail.

Trygve

Thank you very much for the supplementary information, I do really appreciate it. I have just followed this topic for a few years, and there is a great deal I do not know, so thanks again for your help. Really extensive information, it helps alot. The Darnell-footage sounds tantalising too, if it exists. If anyone know of a good place for obtaining or viewing photo, audio or video resources, that would be great.

Hi Trygve, here's the Darnell footage I have. Compressed about 10%. Don't know if the footage toward the Depository is Darnell's also. Perhaps other's can

help.

Chris

Thank you very much for the supplementary information, I do really appreciate it. I have just followed this topic for a few years, and there is a great deal I do not know, so thanks again for your help. Really extensive information, it helps alot. The Darnell-footage sounds tantalising too, if it exists. If anyone know of a good place for obtaining or viewing photo, audio or video resources, that would be great.

Hi Trygve, here's the Darnell footage I have. Compressed about 10%. Don't know if the footage toward the Depository is Darnell's also. Perhaps other's can

help.

Chris

Thanks for posting... I have not seen this footage before... the clip of Newman pounding the grass with his fist is intense.

Thank you for your comment, I hadn't noticed all the details.

But is it established 100% that this is taken by Couch? I have a copy named Couch, lasting 22 seconds, showing the NFV - logo in the down-right corner. It ends showing a cop standing beside his motorcycle besides the steps up to the knoll. (Somewhere in that vicinity). Not that it has anything to do with it, but also just out of curiosity I remember I heard Jim Darnell had a motion-picture camera. Also that Mrs. Beck - story. Yet I am sure there are many stories about missing footage, and I probably have heard just a fraction of them.

I believe that the Mrs. Beck story was a false lead. There is more to that story. I try to gave you a break down of the films.

Malcolm Couch:

{WFAA-TV ABC} In Cam 3 of the presidential motorcade on Main Stree approaching Houston Street.

The front of the TSBD with the crowd on the north side of Elm Street as Cam 3 turns the corner of Houston and Elm

immediately following the shooting.

Photographers from CAM 1 and CAM 2 and other photographers on the grassy knoll with the Newsmans on the ground with

the umbrella man. Officer Haygood approaching the north curb of Elm Street with Officer Hargis running to the police

to the police cycle south of Elm Street as CAM 3 continues down Elm Street.

Police officer with his revolver drawn on the south side of Elm Street.

Members of the crowd present. Brehm. Babushka Lady, Hill, Moorman, Summers and Tague with sweeping view to

the overpass.

Photographers on the grassy knoll with the Newsmans still on the ground.

Police officer haygood trying to jump his motorcycle over the curb on the north side of Elm Street. Photographers

Weigman and Cancellare running to catch CAM1.

From the arcade of the crowd on the north side of Elm Street.

From Houston and Elm of the crowd on the north side of Elm Street.

Taken from a car driving on Elm Street of the crowd on the north side of Elm Street.

On rhw 6th floor of the TSBD of several police officers looking outside.

From the center of the plaza of the TSBD. The zoom lens is on the 6th floor window as Couch pans

down to the grassy knoll then to the corner of houston and Elm and then pack to the overpass as the Executive train

is moving on the overpass.

Footage of the arcade with several people inside.

WFAA commentator shows the rifle and telescopice sight which is similar to Oswald rifle lying in the

plaza grass with a demonstration of the bolt action.

Footage from the grassy knoll of the ceter area of the plaza.

views of the cupola, the arcade and Zapruder's position during the assassination

James Darnell

Approximately one minute after the last shot was fired, of the Elm Street activity on foot

aftered departing CAM 3

In the parking lot behind the grassy knoll.

In front of the TSBD with an arrest of possible suspect.

Inside the press roon of WBAP-TV located in the Old County Court House Building

with a witness being interviewed

Sorry for any typo's which are due to a medical problem.

hope this helps

johnw

John,

Sorry, but the Couch film doesn't show Wiegman and Cancellare running to catch camera car #1 as you indicated. It shows CBS cameraman Tom Craven and White House cameraman Tom Atkins. Craven is then seen vaulting onto the trunk.

Ken

Edited by Ken Rheberg