The Education Forum

Pedestal's Getting Crowded

Is there another person on the pedestal in Betzner?

Please follow the right arm of the man in the black suit when it ends at his hand. Vertical Red lines

That face does not belong to the dark suit.

There is also a black hat in there, which does belong to the black suit.

This is a hi res scan from the 67 Life Magazine.

Who's filming?

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please follow the right arm of the man in the black suit when it ends at his hand. Vertical Red lines

Who's filming?

chris

Chris, if your intention is to make yourself look foolish, then you are doing a bang-up job at it. Is your next contention going to be that yet another person was on the pedestal, which brings your total up to four now and somehow two jumped off before Bronson and Nix started filming? You are aware - aren't you - that Bronson took his photo less than 2 seconds after Willis took his.

Who's filming?

chris

Sorry,

original scan included.

Create your own contrast.

chris

post-1084-1169953618_thumb.jpg

A few more questions:

Is Zapruder wearing a hat? If so, please point out his hat in this one? His Face?

Where do his shoulders end and neck/head begin?

Compare to Sitzman's left shoulder joining her neck.

thanks

chris

post-1084-1169953618_thumb.jpg

A few more questions:

Is Zapruder wearing a hat? If so, please point out his hat in this one? His Face?

thanks

chris

John,

Here's another comparison.

The hat in the original does not go with the body.

In the Zapruder photo you supplied, now part of the animation, notice Zapruder's shoulder height in comparison to Sitzman's, that looks good.

But that doesn't come near the rest of the body in Betzner.

chris

same as post 6 but with coloring and lines

Who's filming?

chris

From 2003

Thanks Duncan,

I'll work on Moorman also, and see what we get.

John,

Do you agree that's a hat and eyes or glasses in the Betzner I supplied?

If yes, where is the camera? If no, what is it that looks like a hat/eyes/glasses?

chris

A few more questions:

Zapruder is slightly leaning his upper body to one side (his right) in the Betzner photo. The solid lines represent the pitch of his hat and arms. The dotted lines show the height of his right shoulder and the top of his hat in relation to Sitzman. The heights are consistant with those seen in Altgens 8 IMO. The scaling you did in post #7 was not accurate.

post-1084-1169981867_thumb.jpg post-1084-1169982341_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill Miller

Chris could you post the raw Betzner without any smoothing of the halftone, please

Chris,

I studied the photo that you posted (the second down on the page) and wanted to ask you if you added,or changed any images in the photo just for kicks? Please excuse my lack of ability to recognize something that might be very obvious to others.

Chris,

I studied the photo that you posted (the second down on the page) and wanted to ask you if you added,or changed any images in the photo just for kicks? Please excuse my lack of ability to recognize something that might be very obvious to others.

John,

What I posted was directly from Life magazine, I scanned it at 1200 DPI with Descreening for a 133LPI magazine which is what I supplied to the thread.

I tried without descreening it, but the moire effect degrades it even more.

If you have specific instructions for an alternative method of scanning with a desktop scanner, please advise.

I do this at work, so the earliest I could post would be Monday afternoon.

Bill, the scaling I did. I scanned the magazine at 100%. What do you want me to use as the size?

Michael,

I haven't changed anything in the photo except the contrast/color balance. Their is a green cast to the original scan, but apply some contrast and that cleans up pretty well.

That's why I supplied the original scan and invited other's to do their own research.

I also scanned this about a year ago at(200DPI) on an Agfa ArcusII, which does a much better job than what we use now, but those have been eliminated from work. If your interested in that scan, please ask and I would be more than happy to supply it.

Let me say just looking at the magazine by natural eye, the hat as I call it, is clearly visible.

Check for yourself, I believe I resized John's photo of Zapruder at 40% and layed it over the Betzner I supplied.

I have 4 different scanned versions of what I supplied, but in reality, they all appear about the same quality.

Once again, I am supplying this forum with the best material I have.

If there is something of better quality out there, PLEASE POST.

thanks

chris